[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ODB this week

whomper

And Cowboyz1 I think this is about the time you pipe down on the issue. After calling your woman beating slapping clipboards outta coaches hands Greg the Great Hardy the leader of your team. You should just observe because comments on this issue from you just don't come off good for you especially when it's one of your hated rivals... Just saying bud step away

NO. Hardy was accused, convicted, overturned and paid his punishment. Now I don't particularly like the guy but that doesn't mean I have to stand sidelined because some idiot shows the intellect of Joseph Randle and decides to try and decapitate his opponent on the field showing his character is no better. I have no control over who my team hires and fires, and I stated that you or I don't know exactly what happened but what we were told happened. I suspect because of Hardy's temper something happened and I don't at all condone that sort of thing at all. Had I of heard the woman for myself I may feel differently and hate the guy or want him gone. I rarely trust the media or what people say. I do trust what I see. After the pictures came out I hope he's not on the team next year.

WE ALL saw what the thug OBJ did and that shows exactly what kind of guy he is. He lost his temper and decided to try and kill his opponent or paralyze him if he could. We have watched football for years and even in the days of old where men were men and football was a blood sport, we didn't see that kind of behavior where a guy takes off 15 yards away and drives his head like a rhino into another's helmet. OBJ just showed his punk life personality and I suspect you will see how far that gets him. Like I said about Randle, his career is coming to and end sooner then you think. No matter what you think of what he did the fact that he did it shows where the guy will go when challenged. Life is all about challenge as you all know and if you're capable of behaving like that when challenged, you can't make it. He won't last, and I am calling it now.

He's off my draft board as I suspect he will go the way of Randle with a bone for a brain. Out of the thousands of NFL players year in an year out, you don't see a guy try and ear hole another while he is not looking. It's like a sucker punch and a guy that will do that trying to hurt you on a football field, in a game, is a punk. He won't last and I for one won't be owning him in any leagues so as to assure I won't end up like many here who won't have him for their superbowl. You can never trust a idiot punk.

Edited by Cowboyz1

No. Given all the bad press, the league would seek a stay so he couldn't play this weekend with appeal outstanding. Decision is very unlikely to be overturned, so this action would likely end up with OBJ missing both games. All parties want it out of the way - and out of the press.

Stevegrab resorting to name calling. Way to stay classy.

Reading comprehension is your friend. My posts are aimed at those making character assessments on a 22 year old kid based on a football game where he made some bonehead decisions. At no point have I endorsed hos actions or behavior.

I watched the game and I saw 2 competitive young men behave like A holes. My point stands. OBJ is 22 and obviously has some growing up to do. None of you armchair NFL commissioners can remotely know what it's like to be 22 with tons of adoration, cash, Madden covers etc.... Get over yourselves. I'm sure you were all perfect saints at that age.

If you toss out that kind of nonsense I'll call you a moron. This discussion has nothing to do with any of us being perfect, it has to do with a player acting like a punk, and taking a cheap shot on another player because he wasn't able to win the on field battles. Him being 22, Madden cover and all that doesn't excuse or justify his actions, or allow this to be labeled "just a boneheaded decision".

I didn't see the hit until last night, and will be watching the NFL Replay version tonight, not sure if they'll include most of the OBJ-Norman conflict. I can see why people said the things they did about him, calling him a thug and such. Guy was acting like a common criminal looking to hurt Norman, that is pretty bad behavior, and not any part of the game of football. Like C1 said in a later post, even in the old days of real men playing football they didn't do this kind of crap.

If this kid got into an argument with somebody and beat them to a pulp, or shot them would it just be some "boneheaded decisions", and you'd call out those making character assessments based on that? He could have crippled Norman with that BS cheapshot.

You are defending his actions as "no big deal, just a young guy who got a bit hot", I and many others disagree. He deserves having his character attacked, because he showed he doesn't have much character.

Edited by stevegrab

Hardy hasn't paid jack f@cking $hit.

I stopped reading after that utterly ridiculous assertion.

That's a shame becuase the rest of the post was pretty good.

Of course I was shocked to read that now that C1 has seen the Hardy pictures he wants him gone next year. I don't recall hearing that a couple months ago when the pictures came out and we discussed it. Maybe their season being over has changed his view, or maybe he said it then and I missed it (if so my bad).

I cant get over losing my best player in the superbowl due to suspension. Inury , not so uncommon, suspension, killing me. Ive said this about 4times in this thread. Im going to say it at least 3 or 4 more.

• Like 1

I am kind of torn on this whole issue, and while I do not condone OBJ actions I blame the officials for letting it get out of hand. Had they taken control of the players and the game I think the discussion would be much different. I also feel Norman is equally (if not more) to blame for what happened, his actions to me equate to a bully on a playgorund. Which in turn goes back to the officiating.

Section 3 Unsportsmanlike Conduct Article 1 There shall be no unsportsmanlike conduct. This applies to any act which is contrary to the generally understood principles of sportsmanship. Such acts specifically include, among others: (a) Throwing a punch, or a forearm, or kicking at an opponent even though no contact is made. (B) The use of abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates, officials, or representatives of the League. TAUNTING © The use of baiting or taunting acts or words that engender ill will between teams. (d) Individual players involved in prolonged or excessive celebrations. Players are prohibited from engaging in any celebrations while on the ground. A celebration shall be deemed excessive or prolonged if a player continues to celebrate after a warning from an official. (e) Two-or-more players engage in prolonged, excessive, premeditated, or choreographed celebrations. (f) Possession or use of foreign or extraneous object(s) that are not part of the uniform during the game on the field or the sideline, or using the ball as a prop.

• Like 1

I lost him and am going up against Antonio Brown in my championship. Plus, I lost Eifert for the last couple weeks. Praying he comes back this week, but with no Dalton, even if he does..... Ugh! :bag: I at least wanted a competitive championship! :kicksrock:

I am kind of torn on this whole issue, and while I do not condone OBJ actions I blame the officials for letting it get out of hand. Had they taken control of the players and the game I think the discussion would be much different. I also feel Norman is equally (if not more) to blame for what happened, his actions to me equate to a bully on a playgorund. Which in turn goes back to the officiating.

Why is personal responsibility such a foreign concept now a days? Just do not see how are the refs responsible for his blatant cheap shot. Even if they went up to OBJ and said "Hey you need to spear yourself into Josh's head" he is still the one responsible because he decided to do it. Did they do a poor job officiating? Yes, absolutely. Still does not make them responsible for others actions.

Back to the age old adage, if everyone jumped off a bridge...

• Like 1

Why is personal responsibility such a foreign concept now a days? Just do not see how are the refs responsible for his blatant cheap shot. Even if they went up to OBJ and said "Hey you need to spear yourself into Josh's head" he is still the one responsible because he decided to do it. Did they do a poor job officiating? Yes, absolutely. Still does not make them responsible for others actions.

Neither of them should have been in the game at that point. What's the point of having officials if they don't officiate. And as I mentioned in the quote, I do not condone what OBJ did.

• Like 3

Also, where is the outrage against Norman's actions?

• Like 1

Neither of them should have been in the game at that point. What's the point of having officials if they don't officiate. And as I mentioned in the quote, I do not condone what OBJ did.

They did officiate, poorly as I've stated. Still does not make them responsible for manure other people do. Are the refs responsible for Talib trying to poke someone's damn eye out?

Also, where is the outrage against Norman's actions?

He didn't purposefully blindside someone with a helmet to helmet hit. Simply put.

They did officiate, poorly as I've stated. Still does not make them responsible for taco other people do. Are the refs responsible for Talib trying to poke someone's damn eye out?

He didn't purposefully blindside someone with a helmet to helmet hit. Simply put.

It is their responsibility to make sure a game does net get out of hand to the point it did on Sunday. If they can not do that then they should not be NFL officials. Norman did not blindside anyone, you are right, but he was purposely being a bully. And from all appearances the refs allowed the behavior even before the game started.

It is their responsibility to make sure a game does net get out of hand to the point it did on Sunday. If they can not do that then they should not be NFL officials. Norman did not blindside anyone, you are right, but he was purposely being a bully. And from all appearances the refs allowed the behavior even before the game started.

Listen, I'm not willing to keep going in circles with you. The refs officiate the game. That does not make them responsible for other people's actions as much as you wish it. It's like saying the police are responsible when people go on crime sprees because they they are suppose to prevent that.