[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ODB this week

whomper

The guy is one of the best wrs in the league and has been fantasy gold. I am a strong believer in "Dance with who brung ya" but it does give you pause with Norman on him this week. I am definitely starting him but has anyone done well against Norman this year ? Any of you stat guys have some figures ?

9/90 with 70% of that coming in total garbage time. :lol:

Whomp - I don't think we're going to see a good week here. I like the chance that we'll get a TD but not a ton of catches/yardage.

How does 7/65 and a TD sound? Is that enough, or do you have better options?

I'm rolling with him...the kid is an absolute BEAST...I've never seen another guy (particularly this young) who has so much awareness, concentration, and control to make the catches he does...it seems like a new highlight reel every single week...he is such a special talent that you just do not see, but once a generation, if that often! If Norman shuts him down, then so be it, but I'm 100% starting him with confidence...

• Like 1

I'm rolling with him...the kid is an absolute BEAST...I've never seen another guy (particularly this young) who has so much awareness, concentration, and control to make the catches he does...it seems like a new highlight reel every single week...he is such a special talent that you just do not see, but once a generation, if that often! If Norman shuts him down, then so be it, but I'm 100% starting him with confidence...

hes also a cry baby fyi

IF I had him, I would agree 100%. You would regret it BIG time if you sat him and he had nice numbers. In these win or lose all games, you have to go with your definitive studs.

You don't sit OBJ. He isn't going to see Norman on every single snap. The G-men move Beckham all over the formation and will scheme ways to isolate him with lesser coverage. Also, he has a decent chance of winning a few routes vs Norman. It is sooooo difficult for a DB to hold a good receiver down for an entire game. Norman can have the better day on balance while Beckham can still have a decent fantasy day. All it takes is one play with Odell...

• Like 2

i wouldnt play obj vs norman.. he doesnt match up well with norman.. julio can out power him because hes that much better thats why he got 9 for 90

Then explain Brandin Cooks' 6/104/1 line two weeks ago. Heck he even went 7/79 against him Week 3.

:fool:

• Like 1

I posted this in a different thread, but it applies here as well. I heard on a local radio show that in the 5 games JN played against Nuk Hopkins, Dez Bryant, TY Hilton, Julio Jones, and Mike Evans he held them to a COMBINED 9 catches for 89 yards. With that said I still don't see myself benching OBJ. He is too good and important to the Giants offense, plus he gets moved around a lot, often going in the slot where Norman is unlikely to follow him.

Edit: Just found a tweet from Andrew Siciliano saying the same thing. https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/677197489745850369

Edited by willswear3

I posted this in a different thread, but it applies here as well. I heard on a local radio show that in the 5 games JN played against Nuk Hopkins, Dez Bryant, TY Hilton, Julio Jones, and Mike Evans he held them to a COMBINED 9 catches for 89 yards. With that said I still don't see myself benching OBJ. He is too good and important to the Giants offense, plus he gets moved around a lot, often going in the slot where Norman is unlikely to follow him.

Edit: Just found a tweet from Andrew Siciliano saying the same thing. https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/677197489745850369

not knocking the guy at all...just playing devil's advocate I guess. Who were the qb's in those games...backup, backup to the backup, backup, Matt Ryan ( not having a good yr) and a rookie? Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

I can't believe this is even a discussion. He might arguably be the #1 ranked receiver next year. And the way RBs are getting injured a dime a dozen, I wouldn't look down on anyone who made him the #1 overall pick next year. In either situation, do you EVER consider benching a player of that caliber?