[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Team is out of it but his gf is in it..He's picking up players to block other teams to pick them up! Helping his gf out since shes out of bid money?

robert terni

I think all leagues should have a "Dill Josh Gordon bag" or "dick move" rule, similar to the Patriot Act which gives the Commish unlimited powers to invoke emergency rules to protect the league against terrorism...you should get Seal Team 6 to show up at this guy's house in the middle of the night, and ship him off to Gitmo until he relinquishes control of all the players he claimed! ;)

Edited by the outlaw

if he has literally zero stakes to play for (weekly high score, losing games penalty, next year picks, forced to wear the 'I suck' shirt at the draft, ANYTHING AT ALL), then lock it down. Reverse the transactions and lock the rosters of the eliminated teams. Re run the waivers.

If there are ANY stakes at all in play, then you cannot prevent him from improving his team.

its a keeper league tho. regardless if he said he knows his keepers it doesnt matter. a lot can happen from now til when u pick ur keepers. and theres no rules against it. honestly it sucks, but theres really nothing you can do. these are just assumptions and with no rules in place reversing his moves is just the wrong thing to do.

• Like 1

I missed that post about it being a keeper league. My bad.

Yeah, if you can potentially keep guys that you acquire right now, then all teams should still have access to the FA pool, even if they are eliminated.

That said, other owners can (and should) still raz him on the message board for being enchilada whipped.

Edited by BA Baracus

Agree with most of the other comments

First without a rule taking any action may be difficult, especially for a keeper league where this has probably been allowed to happen (but didn't occur or wasn't noticed) in the past. You could take action, but that would be over stepping your powers without some rule to back it up.

Going forward you should definitely have a rule to cover this. A few of us with keeper leagues mentioned one way to do it, lock teams out of the playoffs, and for those still in any player added during the playoffs is temporary (so they don't have access to potential keepers).

I understand its a keeper league...BUT this was the only team who's out of it that picked up all the top Waiver wire guys for this week....He already made it clear hes keeping beckham and amari cooper as his 2 keepers...So these guys are irrelevant....Its clear what his intentions are....he's just using the "its a keeper league" as an excuse

I understand its a keeper league...BUT this was the only team who's out of it that picked up all the top Waiver wire guys for this week....He already made it clear hes keeping beckham and amari cooper as his 2 keepers...So these guys are irrelevant....Its clear what his intentions are....he's just using the "its a keeper league" as an excuse

Excuse or not, its valid unfortunately.

What does the rest of the league think, have you talked to them about it.

Ultimately it is your choice, you the commish and the rest of your league. If he's screwing things up and you all agree (except him and the GF) then go ahead and reserve transactions, lock teams, or whatever you feel is fair.

You don't need our permission, most of have explained that without a rule you really should not take action.

It's curious to me that the team in question was able to get "ALL" of the top WW picks this week...apparently all the other teams were either snoozing at the wheel, or simply didn't care as much as th OP...if other legitimate claims were made for the top players this week, at most the last place team should have only secured ONE of them...

Anyway, to reiterate, NO RULE = TOUGH TACO...chalk it up as a lesson learned, make a rule for next year, and move along...

Oh well, I've already wasted entirely too much time on this thread...I'm out!

Edited by the outlaw

What does the rest of the league think, have you talked to them about it.

Ultimately it is your choice, you the commish and the rest of your league. If he's screwing things up and you all agree (except him and the GF) then go ahead and reserve transactions, lock teams, or whatever you feel is fair.

You don't need our permission, most of have explained that without a rule you really should not take action.

While this is true, you don't want to go Goodell on you league though. As a commissioner, its your responsibility to objectively enforce the policies already in place. As was already stated, what if someone else eliminated had done this and not the boyfriend? Then do you start accussing them of helping a friend in the league? Again, its his right to make transactions at this time because of the keeper potential. You're now aware this a potential exploit, and can take steps to correct it next year. I'd also state to the couple, that due to the shady nature of the transactions, any future questionable acts could lead to their removal.

It's curious to me that the team in question was able to get "ALL" of the top WW picks this week...apparently all the other teams were either snoozing at the wheel, or simply didn't care as much as th OP...if other legitimate claims were made for the top players this week, at most the last place team should have only secured ONE of them...

Anyway, to reiterate, NO RULE = TOUGH TACO...chalk it up as a lesson learned, make a rule for next year, and move along...

Oh well, I've already wasted entirely too much time on this thread...I'm out!

According to the first post, sounds like the players were acquired through bidding (talked about GF not having any money left), so a higher bid by the BF with lots of money left could prevent teams in the playoffs from getting them.

Irrelevant. It's a keeper league, he has every right to pick up keeper eligible players.

Talk to him. As there is no consolation bracket, there is no reason that he should be making moves. To me, that is pretty clear evidence that he is doing it to help his girlfriend. I couldn't call it collusion unless it can be proven that they were working together on it, but it is really shady regardless. I would let him know that he will not be welcome back next year because what he did was unethical, and violated the integrity of the league, and make it clear to the rest of the league why he got booted, and that rosters will be locked for non playoff teams next year.

Since he has nothing to gain (I assume none of the pickups are reasonable Keepers for next year), it is obviously collusive. I would void the transactions and lock his roster and re-run waivers for the playoff teams only.

At the conclusion of the regular season, all non playoff teams should be locked. Your commish is a bozo for not doing so. He should be fired.

Since he has nothing to gain (I assume none of the pickups are reasonable Keepers for next year), it is obviously collusive. I would void the transactions and lock his roster and re-run waivers for the playoff teams only.

i don't believe that you can do that. Collusion implies the cooperation of two people to conspire to gain an advantage. In this case, there is no evidence that his girlfriend was involved in his decision. Additionally, as others have pointed out, being a keeper league does give him a reason to still be making moves, unlike a non keeper league with no consolation bracket. I think that we can all agree that what he is doing is shady, and I personally would not allow him to return next year, but that is just my opinion.

The fact of the matter is that the non playoff rosters were not locked, and he broke no rules. Therefore, no action can be taken in terms of reversing his actions. I agree that the commissioner is partly to blame for not having a specific rule in place, but I do not fault him for unconsciously assuming that the members of his league would not need a rule that prohibited this sort of douchebagggery. I definitely think that calling him bozo is extreme, as is firing the commissioner (who is the OP in case you missed that point). Every league has growing pains, and there will always be shady people looking to exploit loopholes. The trick is to not let anyone exploit the same loophole twice.

• Like 1

i don't believe that you can do that. Collusion implies the cooperation of two people to conspire to gain an advantage. In this case, there is no evidence that his girlfriend was involved in his decision. Additionally, as others have pointed out, being a keeper league does give him a reason to still be making moves, unlike a non keeper league with no consolation bracket. I think that we can all agree that what he is doing is shady, and I personally would not allow him to return next year, but that is just my opinion.

The fact of the matter is that the non playoff rosters were not locked, and he broke no rules. Therefore, no action can be taken in terms of reversing his actions. I agree that the commissioner is partly to blame for not having a specific rule in place, but I do not fault him for unconsciously assuming that the members of his league would not need a rule that prohibited this sort of douchebagggery. I definitely think that calling him bozo is extreme, as is firing the commissioner (who is the OP in case you missed that point). Every league has growing pains, and there will always be shady people looking to exploit loopholes. The trick is to not let anyone exploit the same loophole twice.

This right here is sums it up.

Haven't read the replies but, like most issues, this should be addressed pre-draft. Either have teams locked [or not] that don't make the playoffs. If you choose to not lock then they should be able to make moves. Lesson learned.

While this is true, you don't want to go Goodell on you league though. As a commissioner, its your responsibility to objectively enforce the policies already in place. As was already stated, what if someone else eliminated had done this and not the boyfriend? Then do you start accussing them of helping a friend in the league? Again, its his right to make transactions at this time because of the keeper potential. You're now aware this a potential exploit, and can take steps to correct it next year. I'd also state to the couple, that due to the shady nature of the transactions, any future questionable acts could lead to their removal.

Concur that this would be the most zen approach

i don't believe that you can do that. Collusion implies the cooperation of two people to conspire to gain an advantage. In this case, there is no evidence that his girlfriend was involved in his decision.

Dude, your threshold of required proof in collusion cases is on par with what Dave Chappelle requires in order to prove that R Kelly peed on that girl.

Dude, your threshold of required proof in collusion cases is on par with what Dave Chappelle requires in order to prove that R Kelly peed on that girl.

That's my Robert, always peeing on people!

In fairness though, I realize that it doesn't look good, and that the girlfriend probably was involved. I also realize that this isn't a courtroom, and the Commissioner should be able to use common sense when it comes to some things, but collusion is pretty cut and dried, and unless the girlfriend confesses, there is still the chance that he did this without her knowledge, which eliminates the second party,which means it isn't collusion. If it was collusive, I would be a proponent of both of them not being invited back next year, but as it stands, I would only boot him, and assume that she follows him out the door. If she wins the whole thing and decides to stay, I would let her know that she is on double secret probation for suspicion of being shady.

so we have 3 married couples in one league...only one of them has both husband and wife as separate teams. Last year they colluded with the drop player A one week and the next week they tried to pick up their original players. I cried foul and got the move reversed. They were stuck with the players they picked up the first week. Flash forward to this season, the husband is out of the money running but still making moves. No rules against it so nothing can be said. His wife on the other hand, has made it to the Super Bowl. Waivers run on Wednesday morning and she's picked up Denard Robinson while he goes for Brandon Bolden. He was lower in order based on record and he could've had Robinson...I think something shady went on there...

so we have 3 married couples in one league...only one of them has both husband and wife as separate teams. Last year they colluded with the drop player A one week and the next week they tried to pick up their original players. I cried foul and got the move reversed. They were stuck with the players they picked up the first week. Flash forward to this season, the husband is out of the money running but still making moves. No rules against it so nothing can be said. His wife on the other hand, has made it to the Super Bowl. Waivers run on Wednesday morning and she's picked up Denard Robinson while he goes for Brandon Bolden. He was lower in order based on record and he could've had Robinson...I think something shady went on there...

Stop looking for the shady where the shady might not be. That is only going to get you in trouble. If it makes you feel any better I would have prioritized Bolden over Robinson. At the point of waivers, Yeldon had not been ruled out yet so I would have wanted to get the guy that had the chance to be the starter as opposed to someone who might start if the real starter was ruled out of the game.

According to the first post, sounds like the players were acquired through bidding (talked about GF not having any money left), so a higher bid by the BF with lots of money left could prevent teams in the playoffs from getting them.

That makes this even more absurd, IMO...if you've blown through your budget, then why on earth would you deserve a shot at the top pick-ups (yes, even in an injury-ravaged season like this one)...each team has the same starting budget and the same # of weeks in the season...you want to be eligible for players at the end, then manage your damned budget throughout the season...

If you cant tell, I have very little tolerance for dumb-asses, yet here I am spending time responding to their threads (OP's, not yours...)...so, I guess I have little tolerance for myself in this case... LOL

Edited by the outlaw
  • Like 1