[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Team is out of it but his gf is in it..He's picking up players to block other teams to pick them up! Helping his gf out since shes out of bid money?

robert terni

Has anyone had this problem before? Teams are pissed off....His girlfriends in the playoffs and has no money left for bidding...And this guys (her bf) is picking up all the top free agents (tyler lockett,Denard Robinson,Dujuan Harris) and blocking everyone from doing so...I have a gut feeling he's doing this to help his gf!!!! Since I'm commissioner do I have any say?

Has anyone had this problem before? Teams are pissed off....His girlfriends in the playoffs and has no money left for bidding...And this guys (her bf) is picking up all the top free agents (tyler lockett,Denard Robinson,Dujuan Harris) and blocking everyone from doing so...I have a gut feeling he's doing this to help his gf!!!! Since I'm commissioner do I have any say?

i think you can lock his team.

had a similar situation in my high stakes league...not gf/bf.....but guys that are very close friends.....

so im in 2nd and have a 2 game lead on the guy trailing me in 3rd(this is a double w/l league).....so team in 3rd is hurting at rb.....we have blind bid waivers and a 500 cap.......we weren't in the market for a rb......so the team in 3rd grabs buck allen........the next week we have a 4 game lead on him and hes almost out of his waiver wire cap while we still have some decent money left to bid......were thin at rb.....and david Johnson becomes a must grab.....we were outbid by his close friend who is in the cellar and hadn't made a waiver wire move in more than a month(each one costs 20 bucks)

it was mentioned that they might be trying to help each other out.....and he defended by saying he was trying to spend money to save money in the long run since each loss has a cash penalty......I mean...I cant prove anything...but it was conspicuous....I def think he was helping his pal block us from getting Johnson........first place is about 6k with 2nd around 3500....3rd place takes some money but its a big drop off from 2nd

The team should be locked once there are out of the playoffs.

However, if you don't already have this rule in place.. you may be out of luck but make sure to add it for future seasons.

Adding rules this late in the season is a no-no

• Like 1

If there is no consolation bracket than non-playoff teams rosters should be locked so they can't grab players. If this is something you don't have a rule on than you are in a tough spot. Now if there is a consolation bracket than he has done nothing wrong, regardless of what you think his intentions are

Edited by Finn5033

no consolaton bracket

Ok, is this a keeper league at all? If there is no reason for teams out of the playoffs to grab anyone then you should lock their teams when the playoffs start. As for this situation I don't think there is anything you can do. Unless there is a way to reset waivers for the week and re-run it

Is it a redraft league or keeper/dynasty league? Can't really blame him for picking up players if it's a keeper/dynasty league. If it's a redraft then non playoff teams should be locked out of waivers once the regular season is over (or once they are knocked out of the playoffs). Not really much you can do about it now unless you want to cut the players he added this week and let the contending teams have a shot at them in the next waiver period.

Ok, is this a keeper league at all? If there is no reason for teams out of the playoffs to grab anyone then you should lock their teams when the playoffs start. As for this situation I don't think there is anything you can do. Unless there is a way to reset waivers for the week and re-run it

it is a keeper league but you only keep 2 players...and I know he will throw that at me when I confront him..But come on...He's not keeping Denard Robinson or tyler lockett lol

he already made it clear hes keeping amari cooper and beckham

Edited by robert terni

I've mentioned in several other threads about not having married/couples in leagues together and this is just another reason why. Even if its completely innocent, theres always going to be suspicion. Oh and nothing you can do about this now. Possibility for next year is having a transaction deadline to prevent stuff like this and maybe having an IR for playoff players if needed.

• Like 1

it is a keeper league but you only keep 2 players...and I know he will throw that at me when I confront him..But come on...He's not keeping Denard Robinson or tyler lockett lol

he already made it clear hes keeping amari cooper and beckham

Well unfortunately there is nothing you can do now. You need to have clear rules for this. Either make it clear in the rules that rosters for non-playoff teams will be locked after the last regular season game, or have a consolation bracket. I am a huge fan of the consolation bracket winner getting their entry fee back. It keeps guys invested and trying all year long.

Edited by Finn5033

Talk to him. As there is no consolation bracket, there is no reason that he should be making moves. To me, that is pretty clear evidence that he is doing it to help his girlfriend. I couldn't call it collusion unless it can be proven that they were working together on it, but it is really shady regardless. I would let him know that he will not be welcome back next year because what he did was unethical, and violated the integrity of the league, and make it clear to the rest of the league why he got booted, and that rosters will be locked for non playoff teams next year.

Edited by Boy Named Suh

Is it a redraft league or keeper/dynasty league? Can't really blame him for picking up players if it's a keeper/dynasty league. If it's a redraft then non playoff teams should be locked out of waivers once the regular season is over (or once they are knocked out of the playoffs). Not really much you can do about it now unless you want to cut the players he added this week and let the contending teams have a shot at them in the next waiver period.

Yoder! How the hell are ya???

Have the commish reverse the moves....

if he has literally zero stakes to play for (weekly high score, losing games penalty, next year picks, forced to wear the 'I suck' shirt at the draft, ANYTHING AT ALL), then lock it down. Reverse the transactions and lock the rosters of the eliminated teams. Re run the waivers.

If there are ANY stakes at all in play, then you cannot prevent him from improving his team.

• Like 1

I've mentioned in several other threads about not having married/couples in leagues together and this is just another reason why. Even if its completely innocent, theres always going to be suspicion. Oh and nothing you can do about this now. Possibility for next year is having a transaction deadline to prevent stuff like this and maybe having an IR for playoff players if needed.

Unfortunately, it almost never is completely innocent, and in this case, I don't know how it can be. I agree with your premise that having significant others playing in the same league is a bad idea. If they both want to play, great, but it should be in different leagues.

The team should be locked once there are out of the playoffs.

However, if you don't already have this rule in place.. you may be out of luck but make sure to add it for future seasons.

Adding rules this late in the season is a no-no

100% THIS^

If there's no pre-existing rule to prohibit such transactions for non-playoff teams, then tough bananas...I would recommend you add it for next year, though.

Is there $$ awarded for total points?

In my local, we give out $$ to the winner for Week 1-8 total points for, Week 9-16 total points for, and Weeks 1-16 total points for. We did this to keep players interested once they were out of the playoffs.

If not, nor any pre-existing rule(s) in place for teams out of the playoffs, then IMO you're out of luck this year.

It's a keeper league, and an owner banked some extra bidding dollars for the end of the season to take some flyers on players for next year. Happens every season in most keeper leagues. Unless you're resetting rosters at year-end back to the end of the regular season, you can't stop an owner from trying to make his team better for next season. If Amari Cooper tears up his knee next week and will miss most of next year, then the owner may end up looking like a genius with these moves.

If it was the guy's childhood best friend instead of his girlfriend, does that mean the moves are okay? I don't know the context of the league or have a feel about the background of the owners, so maybe there is more to the question we don't know about.