[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Change playoff brackets due to Robinson stay change?

8rattoon

I'm sure this has been discussed already. I am commissioner of a league in which the Denard Robinson owner lost by 1.2 pts in the semis. For some reason, Yahoo never corrected the stat change so the Robinson owner is not in the championship game, even though he should be. Of course, he's pissed, and wants me to put his team in the championship game. I feel like if he had brought this to my attention before the Thursday game, I would be able to justify putting him in the championship game, but now that week 16 has started, it's a moot point.

What would you do in my position? Would you give him the 1.3 points in week 15 and put him in the championship game, or tell him tough luck?

The correction was made on Friday but Yahoo only corrects for Stat Changes through Thursday. It will not make corrections for subsequent stat changes.

Does your league abide by Yahoo or does the Commish have the ok to manually change the scoring after Yahoo's Thursday cutoff? What do your league rules say? If league rules say nothing, then you, as commish, have a very difficult decision to make. IMO, I think the robinson owner should get the points, but if league rules say that Yahoo is the final scorekeeper, then you can't change it.

Also, RTSports didn't change any of the Robinson owners scores.

I commish 4 leagues (on Yahoo unfortunately) and thank goodness that the Robinson change (+2 points) would not have altered any of the outcomes in any of those playoff games. Our league rules specifically state that Yahoo scoring is final and that there are no stat corrections allowed after Thursday.

Edited by Dcat

The stat change came out late this week. If it changes the outcome of the game, which it sounds like it did, then put the dude into the Championship game as it should be. Although it sucks for the other guy, who already thought he was in, it shouldn't matter as the score is the score regardless of how late it came out.

Edited by heehawks
  • Like 1

I say let all 3 play for the title. If the Denard owner had any players in Thursday night's game, those players are ineligible for this week and he can be allowed to make waiver moves to fill those spots and set his lineup.

For next year, you can make a rule that any stat changes announced after Thursday night's kickoff are not accepted.

ESPN and other leagues have rectified it. There's not really a good argument against it other than "it's just how Yahoo does things". He scored the points. He should get the win.

Edit - Just to clarify, image is from ESPN. Browns On Top is Robinson owner. He lost but ESPN corrected without player or commish intervention.

http://m.imgur.com/SLcrfsk

Edited by colkurtz

I have to make the decision. So you guys agree that I should put Denard owner in the championship game?

Absolutely, the team who won should be in. No question!

Double edged sword unfortunately, dude who is currently in is gonna be pissed you took him out, or Robinson dude is gonna be pissed if you leave him out. If it was my league, as a co-commish i'd put the Robinson owner. We don't let Yahoo make our decisions for us and our league mates respect that and it's clearly written in our rules as such.

Long story short, Put the Robinson owner in.

We unfortunately had a similar situation. New league, stupidly did not think of playoff tiebreaker and obviously we had a 135-135, last week. SB winner = 300, loser 100. The winner of the other game, in a 3 way playoff, has a disadvantage. You can guarantee him second, but to win, he has to beat both. So, we proposed to stop the $ here, the winner of the other playoff game = 200, tie owners = 100 each. Luckily, they maturely accepted this as the fairest way. They are 3 waying for bragging rights.

They are 3 waying for bragging rights.

If these are wimens you speak of, we need video proof to confirm.

Edited by irish

Congratulations Miss Colombia!

LMAO!

And I gather 8rattoon's new name is Steve Harvey?

So for those of you who are willing to change the scoring after the the next week's games have begun (Thurs night game): Do you realize that you are opening Pandora's box here? What if 10 days later the NFL makes another official stat change that alters the outcomes again? Do you change it around yet again?

Sorry guys but you are all wrong here. There MUST be a cut-off time for making changes. And the beginning of the following week's games makes the most sense.

Do you think that RTSports made any changes for Denard owners in the $200,000 Fantasy Championship? Nope. Just ask our very own Mr. Muto. Once the following week's games begin, it is a done deal. By changing it on Friday for Denard owners, you are setting a ridiculous and potentially problem-creating precedent which will likely come back to bite the league in its fat arse down the road.

Every league needs to establish a rule setting a timing cut-off for official stat changes. I know next year, every one of my leagues will have a written rule in the by-laws about this if it doesn't already

JMO. Thank goodness it had no affect in my leagues. All the Denard owners were either winners in week 15 anyway or completely out of the playoffs.

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1

My team had Denard in the RTSports $200,000 contest. I'm only in the Consolation contest unfortunately, but Denard's score was NOT changed for anyone because it happened after the Thursday noon deadline:

Denard Robinson RB JAC ATL Final 8 P Starter 15.40 Denard Robinson 28 total yards rushing (2.80 pts)
Denard Robinson 46 yards receiving (4.60 pts)
Denard Robinson 8 receptions (8.00 pts)

So for those of you who are willing to change the scoring after the the next week's games have begun (Thurs night game): Do you realize that you are opening Pandora's box here? What if 10 days later the NFL makes another official stat change that alters the outcomes again? Do you change it around yet again?

Sorry guys but you are all wrong here. There MUST be a cut-off time for making changes. And the beginning of the following week's games makes the most sense.

Do you think that RTSports made any changes for Denard owners in the $200,000 Fantasy Championship? Nope. Just ask our very own Mr. Muto. Once the following week's games begin, it is a done deal. By changing it on Friday for Denard owners, you are setting a ridiculous and potentially problem-creating precedent which will likely come back to bite the league in its fat arse down the road.

Every league needs to establish a rule setting a timing cut-off for official stat changes. I know next year, every one of my leagues will have a written rule in the by-laws about this if it doesn't already

JMO. Thank goodness it had no affect in my leagues. All the Denard owners were either winners in week 15 anyway or completely out of the playoffs.

This is a good point, and I agree that there needs to be a cutoff, I just think that Thursday is too early (yet another reason to hate Thursday games). I think Saturday at midnight or Sunday at noon is more appropriate. Get it taken care of before the main slate kicks off, or it doesn't get corrected. JMHO.