[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thinking About 2016 Drafting

heehawks

As today starts to wind down, I'm sitting here on my couch and started thinking about who I would want to draft next year. There are the obvious ones...Gurley, D.Johnson, Julio, A.Brown...etc...

But what I was thinking about was finding those players who will not only anchor your team, but score big weeks now and again that you can find in the middle rounds.

My first thought was Micheal Floyd. I think as Fitz's career slows down, his is on a huge rise and you may be able to get him in the middle rounds. I will be targeting him heavily next draft season, especially if Palmer is back and healthy.

Please discuss any others you think might fit the bill that you will be targeting in next year's draft.

As a Colts fan, I certainly hope Donte Moncrief is one of the names to look out for in the middle rounds when the next season comes around.

Through phases this season, the chemistry between Luck and Moncrief looked good, but it was cut short due to injury to Luck.

I am expecting Moncrief to have an Eric Decker-like season next time, with a healthy Luck.

Edited by medalofhonor

I'll be targeting Bortles for sure. Even as he posts 25+ point games almost every week guys in my league still ignore him because of the team he's on. Unless there's a drastic shift in public opinion he will probably go undrafted again and I'll scoop him up.

Others would include: Ben Watson, Reuben Randle, Ryan Matthews, and perhaps the 2 injured rookies Kevin White (CHI) and Devin Smith (NYJ). Think guys will have forgotten about those 2 considering they didn't see the field much so they will be great late round picks with huge potential.

I'll be targeting Bortles for sure. Even as he posts 25+ point games almost every week guys in my league still ignore him because of the team he's on. Unless there's a drastic shift in public opinion he will probably go undrafted again and I'll scoop him up.

Others would include: Ben Watson, Reuben Randle, Ryan Matthews, and perhaps the 2 injured rookies Kevin White (CHI) and Devin Smith (NYJ). Think guys will have forgotten about those 2 considering they didn't see the field much so they will be great late round picks with huge potential.

This

The days of drafting RB's is long gone. They don't survive the rigors of an NFL schedule. Tim Hightower and Danny Woodhead would have been a great starting tandem this week.

Now, everyone is going to do zero-RB theory and WRs will drop like flies throughout the season.

Bortles just won me the Championship so I'll be looking for him. I don't understand why QB go so late, for all the teams that hit the playoffs in my league, stable QB's were a common denominator.

If he escapes the early grabs, Doug Martin.

TE's also go later and I'd be quick to jump on Reed. He's the next Gronk.

Bortles just won me the Championship so I'll be looking for him. I don't understand why QB go so late, for all the teams that hit the playoffs in my league, stable QB's were a common denominator.

Well I cant speak for everybody, but my reasoning for drafting my QB late is because it's a very deep position. It's the most consistently high scoring position on most teams. However the difference in production between a QB you have to spend your 1st or 2nd pick on (Rodgers, Luck, Brees) and a QB that you can grab in rounds 4-8 (Wilson, Rivers, Anderson) is not really that much. Iv only been playing fantasy 3 years and have made the playoffs all 3 years with my QBs as follow; Stafford ('13), Rivers ('14), and Bortles ('15). Looking out to 2016 I'd say there are probably 15 QBs give or take a few that I would start with confidence.

That argument can't really be made consistently for WR, RB, or TE. I mean the drop off in production between players like LeVeon Bell and Latavius Murray, or Julio Jones and Eric Decker, or Gronk and Owen Daniels are enormous.

In all fairness though 2015 was a poor fantasy season for ALOT of players across the board. Kind of clouded up the pecking order.

Edited by AX2RUN

QB's go late because guys like Bortles exist...

• Like 1