[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thinking About 2016 Drafting

heehawks

I really like David Johnson, but with what he's done this year, will he last towards the middle rounds? And what of Chris Johnson? He wasn't terrible.

So far my shopping list includes:

Bortles

Allen Robinson

David Johnson

Reed or Kelce

Michael Floyd

Doug Baldwin?

You see, all these guys who are on everyone's shopping list are going to be overpriced.

I bet David Johnson is a 1st or 2nd round pick next year. He might be worth it too, but he is going to be a major risk at that price.

• Like 2

You see, all these guys who are on everyone's shopping list are going to be overpriced.

I bet David Johnson is a 1st or 2nd round pick next year. He might be worth it too, but he is going to be a major risk at that price.

Exactly what I am talking about. I wanted to see guys like Hurns, players that can be had in middle rounds that have potential for top 20 or even top 10 stats. DJ is going to be overpriced for sure and does not qualify for this discussion. Other examples I like are Matt Jones or dare I say CJ Anderson. He may just slip enough to be had at a great value.

All this while guys like Ingram and Martin will be the affordable ones at RB again, but it's way too early to comment on stuff like this.

How do guys like Charles and Bell bounce back - where will Forte land? Is Freeman for real?

Zero RB theory is interesting, but my local doesn't support that risk - it's become a game of RB roulette and if you don't hit, you'll eventually bust. I ran Abdullah/Hightower this week in a point only lineup, and outside of Hyde Week 1, it was the highest scoring output I had all year.

In my keeper league, my best weeks were running Freeman with Edelman/Fitz/Cooks...it just never all hit at once, and when it was good, it was way too soon in the season.

Henry, but idk if I am ever gonna trust another Alabama RB after what Richardson and Lacy have done to me

Really depends on where he goes. He could end up either being a Gordon or a Gurley. I will likely be avoiding him.

At QB, some good undrafteds or really late picks might be Cousins, Matt Ryan, Tyrod Taylor, Fitzpatrick, maybe Mariota.

At TE, I'd def take Jordan Reed pretty early (4th?). Also Jimmy Graham might slip down and be a steal. Delanie Walker may be a decent late rounder. Barnidge will probably go fairly early for a TE but I'm going to avoid him as I think this season is a fluke personally.

WRs: Michael Floyd, Kelvin Benjamin, DeSean Jackson, Decker, Martavis, Hurns, and Baldwin and Lockett could be steals.

Also if people focus too much on 2015 and forget some guys who were injured or had injured QBs, Jordy, Dez, Hilton, Edelman, and Alshon may slip. Keenan Allen will slip for sure IMO. Maybe Demaryius and Sanders? Idk haha. Sanders seems to have taken less of a hit without Peyton and people will probably value him less, but if Demaryius has a good QB next season, he could be a huge steal.

RBs are difficult... Yeldon will probably be a decent middle rounder. Ingram as well. Doug Martin would be a great 3rd/4th round pick if he lasts. Rashad Jennings could be a great sleeper as he seems to be emerging as a workhorse from NYG's RBBC. Depending on what happens over the off-season, McCoy/Karlos, Forte/Langford, Charles/West/Ware, Miller/Ajayi, and Lynch/Rawls might make for some interesting picks.

In my dynasty league, I held Gordon all season. I kept an eye on him through social media and could not find any off field problems he had. Looks to be in great shape and ready to go. I hope so because I do feel he can come back and be a dominant #1 WR. I also hope Cleveland cuts or trades him. And again, I hope he goes to New England.

That is an awful lot of hoping!!!

• Like 1

In my dynasty league, I held Gordon all season. I kept an eye on him through social media and could not find any off field problems he had. Looks to be in great shape and ready to go. I hope so because I do feel he can come back and be a dominant #1 WR. I also hope Cleveland cuts or trades him. And again, I hope he goes to New England.

That is an awful lot of hoping!!!

I am with you on everything but that last remark.

At this point not worth it, a guy whose put up elite numbers for 4/5 weeks this year doesn't mean he can do it for a whole season especially when teams are now preparing for him. Ellington and CJ2K around so its like CJ Anderson all over again.

Exactly what I am talking about. I wanted to see guys like Hurns, players that can be had in middle rounds that have potential for top 20 or even top 10 stats. DJ is going to be overpriced for sure and does not qualify for this discussion. Other examples I like are Matt Jones or dare I say CJ Anderson. He may just slip enough to be had at a great value.

Yeah Matt Jones will be a hot name if Alfred Morris isn't re-signed but with starting RB being scarce he'll be projected higher but worth a go around 4/5th round.

Melvin Gordon you have to assume will be a better player next year and the Chargers have to invest in the offensive line after this year. Another mid round high potential.

Doriel Green-Beckham. With a healthy Mariotta and a year of football under his belt, I could see DGB becoming a #1 WR for the Titans. For 2016, he could be useful as a #3 WR or bye week starter. He will probably break through in 2017. I do see more than a few good games for him in 2016 and he can be had late.