[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Johnny "Football,"err, I mean Johnny "Party"

the outlaw

Wow! That's a pull from the past. LOL

Wonder how many on this board are even old enough to know who George Thorogood is? LMAO

My 1st concert. Good drinking music for Johnny Stupid. better than the other crap he listens to

• Like 1

First are those even beers? Don't look like any beer I've ever seen, look more like energy drinks. Ok, it says its 4 Loco, whatever that is, guess this old fart doesn't know the hip drinks.

Second I'd hardly call him and one friend in some guy's rec room with a pool table a party. Even if caught on video.

Last, if he really has a drinking problem as most expect, and was in rehab for a long time (believe it was 8-10 weeks) to battle a drinking problem, he really SHOULD NOT BE DRINKING AT ALL. If he has no drinking problem, no addiction issues with substances that can be abused, then sure there nothing wrong with him

It is his choice, but if you're an addict, you don't just have a couple, its not really possible.

As for the big media circus around this, its because the "fans" eat this manure up, and flock to articles about sensational BS more than one about actual football play. Even the big time football fans here seem more interested in that nonsense than real football stories.

Here's the bigger issue (presuming no real big deal that he has a few drinks), why does he have these losers around him (or he himself) film this manure and post it online? When he knows it will (or could) have a negative impact on his career? It seems self destructive to me, or completely moronic and immature. And that paints a picture of the guy you DO NOT want leading your team.

100% understand he is legally "allowed" to drink (and, I'm also aware there was similar discussion/debate on this same topic previously), but for some reason his boss doesn't share your/our opinion on the matter...regardless, it is "NFL news"...

I guess the "real" topic here is, "should" your boss/employer (outside of national security or public safety) have the right to restrict your ability to engage in behavior which is perfectly legal in the eyes of the law, but which (for whatever reason, right, wrong, or indifferent), they deem inappropriate or detrimental to the image of the organization?

Absolutley when you are (or can become) the face of a multi million dollar business then your image and how it reflects on that business are something you will have to control, if you want to keep your job. Just ask any type of celebrity that lost potential income because of their actions.

And since somebody mentioned Josh Gordon, he was under a ban on alcohol by the NFL as part of his suspension, and broke that rule, not some law, and got in trouble. People on probation for certain things can be banned from drinking, and if caught can have probation revoked or other punishment. Legal activity does not mean your employer or somebody else with authority cannot require you to abstain from that legal activity.

Gambling is legal, but look at Pete Rose. Owning a gun is a right under the 2nd ammendment, but if you're a felon or under the influence its illegal to have one. Not sure why this question is raised so often, unless its to turn it into "well I know it is allowed, but that is wrong and I wouldn't stand for it" kind of debate. Trust me if you're bing offered big money to play pro sports you'll agree to their terms.

I would say it's less defending Manziel and more the growing distaste for the TMZesque "reporting" in sports media now. These guys are so desperate for a story these days that Johnny Football drinking a beer is big news. And when they can't find a huge story like this then they just make taco up.

Put some blame on the idiot athletes and the idiots they surround themselves with. This looked like Manziel and one other guy, presumably a friend, in a private home. Who shot this video and leaked it to the press?

I hate the TMZ type reporting as well, and the fact that many fans eat it up like real news, and how its turning sports news on its head. But it certainly won't stop as long as people follow it, discuss it, and so on.

Yup. Not with his teammates.

Or maybe they told him to stay away.

Whatever the situation, it is comical.

I think if Johnny Manziel really has a drinking problem then he shouldn't be having ANY drinks. Having said that I am not convinced that Johnny believes he has a drinking problem and the stint in rehab may have been purely a PR move.

Johnny's problem is that he has it in his mind that what he is doing isn't illegal and thus shouldn't be prohibited. Except that he has demonstrated in the past that his drinking/partying can impact his ability to do his job. Unfortunately for Johnny QB is a position of high visibility and leadership and as such Johnny's employers have some expectations of his behavior and performance. Johnny has shown how immature he is by shunning the expectations of his employer to satisfy his desire to drink and party.

Having said all that ... the media is now on a witch hunt looking to crucify Johnny for every single mis-step ... and par for the media love to blow things up out of proportion.

If Johnny is in Vegas and not with the team this week, even though he is not active because of concussion protocols this is yet another indication of his failure as a leader. If he wanted to be a leader, he would be on the sideline with his teammates.