[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do commissioners ever get any love/respect from the rest of their league?

mmevans217

This is my 4th year as commissioner for our league. I have dealt with a lot of mess from everyone with trades, add/drops, etc. I have always been supportive of everyone in this league and made sure to give props where they were due. But I won the Super Bowl this year and have not had one person say a kind word. Is it a rule that the league just hates for the commissioner to win?! I have been in this league for 8 years. I was a co-owner the second year I was in this league and won the Super Bowl and haven't done much since then except make the playoffs all but one year. It could be that I am the only female in the league, but I am wondering if any other commissioners get this kind of treatment?!

No one really cares about any other team than their own. Since I am the commissioner of a league that I won this year, it's my duty to make sure I interview myself so everyone knows the story of my struggles this year and all the obstacles I overcame on this difficult road that led to my triumph in the end. It's a story that the people must know. And if I have to e-mail and snail mail everyone in the league until they know this truth, then that's exactly what I shall do.

• Like 1

That's my plan at the end of the game tonight is to send out my thank you's for being in the league. I am just kinda upset by the $&@! Talking that has gone on all year from the teams that "should have" won. All I can say is I have listened to the folks on this board as well as other fantasy media options... Congrats on your win, Electricrelish!!

That's my plan at the end of the game tonight is to send out my thank you's for being in the league. I am just kinda upset by the $&@! Talking that has gone on all year from the teams that "should have" won. All I can say is I have listened to the folks on this board as well as other fantasy media options... Congrats on your win, Electricrelish!!

I'm not sending out any "thank you's". I'll be sending out some "in your face" and "suck on dat" messages! And maybe a few "happy new years".

• Like 1

I'm not that kind of person. I guess that is the "mommy" in me! Maybe I should learn how to smack talk! Do u offer a class on that?! Lol

I would send a thank you message and some stuff about how everyone's participation make all of this possible. And just remember that I OWN EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU!!! All bow down and hail your CHAMPION!!! You may kiss my ring.

Maybe just sing them a few lines of one of my favorite

I don't wanna talk if it makes you feel sad,
And I understand you've come to shake my hand
I apologize if it makes you feel bad
Seeing you so tense, no self-confidence

THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL
THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL

• Like 1

Last year, I asked my league when I was going to get the respect that I deserved. Since no one was going to give it to me, I had to TAKE IT this year.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/420571-yodt-when-will-i-get-the-respect-that-i-deserve/?hl=respect

I get the "thanks for a great job Commish" emails at the end of the year. When I get tired of doing it, I'll hand it off to someone else.

A few people in the league always make a comment if the league has run smoothly or if they thought I handled a dicey situation well. Same 1/2 who bitch and whine all year about something who like to blame somebody else for their teams downfall and the commish is usually an easy target.

Choose your league mates carefully. Play with children and you deal with a bunch of BS. Associate with adults and you'll more likely receive recognition. That said, no one wants the commish [or the "new guy"] to win their league. You only care about your team.

The only "cut" I took from dues was to cover the draft kit. Paid for league trophy out of my pocket.

Edited by MothAudio
  • Like 1

This is my 4th year as commissioner for our league. I have dealt with a lot of mess from everyone with trades, add/drops, etc. I have always been supportive of everyone in this league and made sure to give props where they were due. But I won the Super Bowl this year and have not had one person say a kind word. Is it a rule that the league just hates for the commissioner to win?! I have been in this league for 8 years. I was a co-owner the second year I was in this league and won the Super Bowl and haven't done much since then except make the playoffs all but one year. It could be that I am the only female in the league, but I am wondering if any other commissioners get this kind of treatment?!

I get a few thank you's here and there. But as electricrelish said most people only care about their team. If you can't enjoy winning without getting props for it I think you're going to be out of luck. Personally I think you should enjoy it even more, if no one is congratulating you it means they are all salty that it wasn't them.

Edited by Finn5033

My experience having commissioned three leagues from 1994, 2002, and 2009 with very little turnover, is that I often get more appreciation and open acknowledgement from owners I hardly know or have never met. Compared to friends or co-workers.

Never been sure why that is but it is.

I guess it's easier (for me too) to take for granted closer friends/family than strangers.

I've been tipped from people who haven't won money in the season. In fact they owe transactions and have sent extra. This is someone I have never seen.

Never expect tips, in fact they can be uncomfortable to accept. But if whatever I am doing well or better than most as a commissioner provides these owners with a fun, reliable, hassle free, and fair 17 weeks or more of fun, then I guess it's worth it to them to show gratitude with money and thanks.