[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Playoff League

Gopher

Here are the basic rules for mine, including what was paid out last year. I think we're going on year 14 or 15... Started with 8 of us on an Excel spreadsheet. Last year, we had 72 participants. If you want in, PM me your email address. If my inbox fills up, just post here, and we'll figure it out. :)

- $20 per contestant
- Must pick a lineup for each week of the NFL playoffs (including Super Bowl)
- Each lineup must contain a QB, 2 RB’s, 3 WR’s, a TE, and kicker (No defense).
- You can only use each player once during the 4 weeks of the playoffs.
- Official NFL scoring will be used for the contest.
- Players lock at kickoff of their individual games.
- Lineups are hidden until kickoff of each player's game.

Scoring:

- 4 pts for a TD pass
- 6 pts for a TD run or catch
- 2 pts for a 2-pt conversion run, pass, or catch (A 2-pt throw would be worth 2 for both the passer and the receiver)
- 1 pt for every 10 yards rushing/receiving, to the nearest tenth of a point (81 yards rushing = 8.1 pts, etc.)
- 1 pt for every 20 yards passing, to two decimal places (.05 pts per yard passing)
- 1 pt for every kicker PAT
- 3 pts for every field goal
Payouts subject to change (depending on number of participants), but contest will be 100% paid out to winners (nothing withheld). At the very least, the top 5 overall finishers will be paid, as well as the weekly high score (for each of the 4 weeks), with a bonus to the highest single-week score. Here is what was paid in 2014:
1st place - $500
2nd place - $270
3rd place - $170
4th place - $115
5th place - $75
Highest single-week score - $115
Three other weekly high scores - $65 ($195 total)
Total paid out: $1440 (72 participants x $20 each)

Unless we lose a bunch of people this year (which is certainly possible, but unlikely), I'm guessing we'll surpass 80 people this year. Maybe more. Last year, I sent out 92 invites, and we had 72 participants. This year, I've already sent out 100+ invites, due to new additions (or at least people who have shown interest, asked for invites, etc.).

Still over a week to get in, if you're interested. Again, everything that I collect is paid out to the winners. MFL is free, so there is no cost to me. Last year, nine different people took home a portion of the total pot (all of the weekly high scores, plus the top five overall). :)

• 3 weeks later...

This is a close race.

Yes, it is. Less than 8 points separating the top six spots, with Huddlers currently occupying three of the top five spots.... 2nd (Buddahj also currently has the top single-week score), 3rd, and 5th.

What's crazy is that the guy in 1st place only started 1 RB the first week. He told me that he had Lacy, took him out, thought he put somebody else in, but didn't. Oops.

Yes, it is. Less than 8 points separating the top six spots, with Huddlers currently occupying three of the top five spots.... 2nd (Buddahj also currently has the top single-week score), 3rd, and 5th.

What's crazy is that the guy in 1st place only started 1 RB the first week. He told me that he had Lacy, took him out, thought he put somebody else in, but didn't. Oops.

I'm upset because I never used Gronk, Brady, or Edelman. So many points missed out on.

My lineups have been a comedy of errors, for the most part. Got the QB's right (Rodgers, Palmer, Cam), and I used Gronk last week, but my RB's and WR's have been horrible. Started Maclin when he got hurt, Edelman on the week when he got me 5 pts (versus 11 the week before), and Jones/Cobb against ARI (and neither one caught a pass). At RB, I managed to start Stewart, Anderson, Johnson, and Lacy all on the week that they scored the lowest. In other words, each of them have played two playoff games, and I picked the worse of the two for each and every one of them. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...