[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fox Sports: Tom Coughlin may resign on Black Monday

Wolverines Fan

Bout time. This is great for the Giants, bad for the rest of the division.

I actually like the guy. He was a no BS coach. He was great at BC, my alma matter, and I remember him going to the Giants (I'm from New Jersey) so I was always following him out of pure interest for my respected teams. He always showed up for the big games, especially that Notre Dame win and those 2 Superbowls.

ETA: to fix confusing math.

Edited by Shaft

I actually like the guy. He was a no BS coach. He was at BC when I was a student and then shortly after I graduated he went to the Giants (I'm from New Jersey) so I was always following him out of pure interest for my respected teams. He always showed up for the big games, especially that Notre Dame win and those 2 Superbowls.

10 years of college is impressive. Are you a rocket surgeon or something? :unsure:

Boston College (1991–1993)
Jacksonville Jaguars (1995–2002)
New York Giants (2004–2015)
  • Like 1

10 years of college is impressive. Are you a rocket surgeon or something? :unsure:

Boston College (1991–1993)
Jacksonville Jaguars (1995–2002)
New York Giants (2004–2015)

LOL.....I just confused my dam self, getting old, blended my high school and college years together by accident. My math is actually off in the 90s, but not too far off. No, not a rocket surgeon, but I do have 10 years of higher ed and a PhD. When I made it back to Jersey in the 2000s I just remember having to follow him again. LOL

I edited my previous statement so it's not so confusing. LOL

Edited by Shaft

LOL.....I just confused my dam self, getting old, blended my high school and college years together by accident. My math is actually off in the 90s, but not too far off. No, not a rocket surgeon, but I do have 10 years of higher ed and a PhD. When I made it back to Jersey in the 2000s I just remember having to follow him again. LOL

I edited my previous statement so it's not so confusing. LOL

:tup:

I have a gut feeling that if Alabama wins Sabban may go for this job.. Stephen A smith brought up Bill Cowher.. but hes been mentioned every year since he retired..I don't think he'd ever leave his cushy broadcast job at his age but if he did it would be for this job imo

Edited by Gourdeau

Interesting, albeit biased article on Bill Cowher and the Giants

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/01/giants_bill_cowher_history_of_supposed_interest.html

And another source with the same pic saying Tom would consider other openings. LOL

http://nypost.com/2016/01/04/tom-coughlin-out-as-giants-head-coach/

The coaching carousel .....LOL

Maybe the Browns should have held on to Belichick. I hear he's pretty good. I'm still bitter the Giants chose Ray Handley to succeed Parcells and let Belichick walk.

First BB was the coach when the Browns were moved to Baltimore becoming the Ravens. Modell promised him he'd retain him, then fired him (verified that was mid Feb 1995). The Browns never fired him, I suppose we could have fought to force Modell to leave him behind with team history.

Second, he was a much better head coach after more seasoning under Parcells (Pats then Jets). I'm wondering if Josh McDaniels might not follow the same pattern, not so good first time, back to more time with the guru, then be much better.

As for BB himself and his success, I'm not sure that the Pats are the same without him, or without Brady. They both needed each other to succeed. Wow just looking at his history, 2000 was the only season in NE that was a losing season for him, and 2008 is the only other season in 16 years that his team missed the playoffs.

First BB was the coach when the Browns were moved to Baltimore becoming the Ravens. Modell promised him he'd retain him, then fired him (verified that was mid Feb 1995). The Browns never fired him, I suppose we could have fought to force Modell to leave him behind with team history.

Second, he was a much better head coach after more seasoning under Parcells (Pats then Jets). I'm wondering if Josh McDaniels might not follow the same pattern, not so good first time, back to more time with the guru, then be much better.

He was 11-5 in 1994 and won his only Playoff appearance with the Browns. The Browns finished 2nd behind the Steelers at 12-4. They had the Number 1 defense in terms of points surrendered. Belichick and the Browns were picked to go to the Super Bowl in 95 and that idiot Modell submarined the team. They started out 3-1 and then went 1-3...then Modell announced the move and they just lost all desire...Belichick didn't necessarily need more seasoning as a HC, just with the press conferences, which he still sucks at

• Like 1

Coughlin is a class act all the way, and a future hall of fame coach. Left Jacksonville over a decade ago when he was fired, yet held no grudge and is still very active in Jacksonville with his Jay Fund charity to this day. Nothing but respect for the guy, you cannot hold it against him that he couldn't keep winning in New York with the lack of tallent on that team. Was it time to go? Yes, probably, but give the dude that won you 2 Super Bowls in 11 years the respect he deserves.

Edited by DiehardSteeler
  • Like 1