[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Browns are cleaning house.

Wolverines Fan

They launched GM Ray Farmer.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9384/ray-farmer

And Mike Pettine is supposed to get the ax Sunday evening.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9338/mike-pettine

Again ... And again and again. They need Kevin Costner as their GM if they really want to turn this around

:lol:

And Costner has to bring Jennifer Garner with him.

Edited by Wolverines Fan
  • Like 1

Again ... And again and again. They need Kevin Costner as their GM if they really want to turn this around

LMAO!

• Like 1

If there is a worse job to have in the NFL, with just enough rope for a hanging, I'd like to know it. Why would anyone take it?

I'd love to do it.

They need to find a young, up-and-coming visionary type. No more of these retread types. Obviously what they've been doing isn't working.

Honestly, I can't think of one piece on that team that shows more than a smidge of promise.... on both sides of the ball. They need to completely retool.

They lost out on the #1 pick and if they hadn't, I bet there'd be clamoring for local-ish boy Joey Bosa to come try to be the next J.J. Watt, but that would have been a hugh mistake. They need to trade down... and keep trading down... accrue a ton of picks and hope that they hit on a 50% basis in 4-5 years' time.

Jim Tomsula might just be available soon if the money is right.

This team is so broken, I don't know what decent coach in their right mind would come in unless they were guaranteed a $20 million buyout if fired before 3 years.

Maybe they could offer that to the guy up in Columbus. Not that I think he'd have success in CLE.

If there is a worse job to have in the NFL, with just enough rope for a hanging, I'd like to know it. Why would anyone take it?

Now add to the current funky smell the decision to name some business type as exec VP of football operations with control of the 53 man roster.Sashi Brown is the man :(

Hire a head coach, give him input on the GM, coach reports to Haslam. Then hire a GM, with input from Pettine and Sashi, then tell him to report to Sashi and he's stuck with the coach you hired (better get along).

Oh and then hand them the current roster with tons of holes, mix in some real problem children (Manziel, Gordon) a few good players who really want to be here (Thomas, Haden, Dansby, Whitner) and hope you get a nice contract with lost of money because in 2-3 years (if not sooner) you'll all be fired and probably never have a chance at that same position again.

Most of the qualified people don't want the job, whethey they fit the retread or up-and-coming type groups.

PS Yes there is already a lot of clamoring by locals to go for Bosa, he could be the 10 best player in the draft and the NE Ohio bozos would be falling over him because he was a Buckeye.

has it been 2 years already?

That's a long term contract in Cleveland!

Nothing will change until Haslam is no longer owner. What a sorry state of affairs for my Cleveland friends.

Edited by Trojanmojo

Actually, i think this isthe best job

Curious as to why (assuming you mean the Browns).

Have you followed the signings of Sashi Brown and Depodesta, and the organazational structure in place? Not to mention there really isn't much talent, nor will you be given much time to succeed.

Sure if you just want to take a job to try being GM/HC, then never have a similar job again and collect some money for the years you don't work.

Today I read they plan to interview DAL CB coach Jerome Henderson. From all I can read the guy has never held a higher position, he's a position coach (a good one according to Joe Haden who he helped when he was a Browns coach), I'd prefer somebody who was at least a coordinator, preferrably a HC at some level.

Curious as to why (assuming you mean the Browns).

Have you followed the signings of Sashi Brown and Depodesta, and the organazational structure in place? Not to mention there really isn't much talent, nor will you be given much time to succeed.

Sure if you just want to take a job to try being GM/HC, then never have a similar job again and collect some money for the years you don't work.

Today I read they plan to interview DAL CB coach Jerome Henderson. From all I can read the guy has never held a higher position, he's a position coach (a good one according to Joe Haden who he helped when he was a Browns coach), I'd prefer somebody who was at least a coordinator, preferrably a HC at some level.

Not much talent? Have you not really watched the Browns, they didn't have a coach or an OC who knew how to utilize the players. If they had a decent qb then look at Barnidge, Benjamin, Duke Johnson, Taylor Gabriel, (Josh Gordon?) If they were to sign a bigger WR and then pair him with Gordon.

Not much talent? Have you not really watched the Browns, they didn't have a coach or an OC who knew how to utilize the players. If they had a decent qb then look at Barnidge, Benjamin, Duke Johnson, Taylor Gabriel, (Josh Gordon?) If they were to sign a bigger WR and then pair him with Gordon.

Long time fan, I watch every game for the most part but did skip a some this year, at least halfs of games that were blowouts or heartbreaking losses.

- Barnidge was overpaid he put up massive numbers because there were few other weapons, Peyton Hillis 2.0

- Benjamin may not be back (he a FA)

- Duke Johnson is a scat back, good receiver and 3rd down back, doubt he can carry the load and succeed without a stellar line

- I actually think Crowell is the better feature back for running between the tackles, but even he is not that good

- Taylor Gabriel is another smurf type WR, how many sub 6 foot WR are going to produce well

- Gordon will be hard to count on, and may not even be reinstated

Oh and we still have no QB, probably going to be relying on a highly drafted rookie along with Josh/Johnny or some other backup type. And their OC did a pretty good job, and is already being pursued by other teams (read the Rams asked Browns for permission to interview him for their OC job).

As I said, not much talent. Things are even worse on defense as we have no real pass rush, aging LB group (I like Nate Orchard and Robertson, Mingo has been a bust and Dansby/Kruger are getting old) and a pretty shaky secondary (will Haden return to form and stay healthy, will Gilbery ever do anything).

Maybe I'm being overly negative, but there has been little to be positive about. Another rebuilding with bizarro hirings for the FO and a wide net cast for coaches (at least 7 candidates are said to be scheduled for or already interviewed). Just seems like a desperate team trying all sorts of different things hoping one of the them works.

• Like 1