[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Satan Manning back in

AX2RUN

I am thinking that I like a QB controversy. I hope Kubiak plays games with the media about who is starting. I would imagine that defensive game planning is a bitch if you don't know who the opposition is starting at QB.

• Like 1

Well my problem with Manning coming back in is that he looked like the same guy that he was all season. He over threw every down field shot he took. I will give him credit for not falling down and taking sacks every time the chargers collapsed the pocket.

But Osweiler is still the guy that makes this offense run better in my opinion. Its not his fault that Sanders fumbled after a huge gain, Norwood bobbled a pass that got intercepted, the oline let a free runner blind side him causing a (close) fumble, and Anderson fumbled. The 1 INT is his fault but even then the stats tell the real story. 63% completion rate for over 200 yards. I don't think Peyton can lead us past CIN or PIT

Its not his fault that Sanders fumbled after a huge gain, Norwood bobbled a pass that got intercepted, the oline let a free runner blind side him causing a (close) fumble, and Anderson fumbled. The 1 INT is his fault but even then the stats tell the real story. 63% completion rate for over 200 yards.

I mostly agree. I'd say the fumble was his fault, but none of the interceptions were. He still struggles to read the defense and anticipate. That's why he took the sack fumble. He has to know when there is an unblocked guy coming and go to the hot read.

Personally, I am torn on Brock vs PM. I am just going to trust the organization to make the best decision(s) to put us into a position to win.

• Like 1

Regardless, I just hope the Broncos realize come 2016 season that Manning is NOT the answer and to give the full reigns to Brock.

Regardless, I just hope the Broncos realize come 2016 season that Manning is NOT the answer and to give the full reigns to Brock.

I think they know. I just hope that Brock didn't feel alienated by the team/fans as they cheered his benching after he lead them to 4 wins (2 of which are the stiffest competition in the AFC). If they push him away it may be tough to find another servicable QB to follow Manning.

But I agree that I'm torn on the QB subject. The football fan side of me wants to see a legend compete for his last title. But the Broncos fan side of me wants to see our future battle for a chance at the promise land. And I know Osweiler gives us the best chance to win against teams with strong defenses like every team on both sides of the playoffs have. If Peyton starts against PIT or CIN 2 weeks from now, this season ends with the same result as 2014. Peyton talleys another 1 & done and the whole football world will attack you Kubiak for not plying Osweiler (because of course hindsight is 20/20) and arguably the last year of Denver's current super bowl window slams shut.

I think Brock was in on the scheme. He didn't seem upset at all when they showed him, Peyton, and Kubes on the sidelines late in the game.

I actually like Brock. Put Peyton's understanding of the game in Brock's body and the Broncos should be good to go. I hope the Broncos give him a new contract and realize he is their future. I don't think people realize how huge that dude is. What is he like 6'7" or 6'8"?

Edited by Shaft

I mostly agree. I'd say the fumble was his fault, but none of the interceptions were. He still struggles to read the defense and anticipate. That's why he took the sack fumble. He has to know when there is an unblocked guy coming and go to the hot read.

Personally, I am torn on Brock vs PM. I am just going to trust the organization to make the best decision(s) to put us into a position to win.

I agree and I think that is why Peyton gives them the best chance to win is his reading of defense and basically being a coach on the field. I don't think it's a coincidence that when he entered the game the run game to a huge leap in the right direction
  • Like 1

This year is Mannings last Hurrah and I believe that team goes as far as their D takes them. Brock got some real world experience .Let him be the Aaron Rodgers to Mannings Brett Favre next year

Satan Manning. I see what you did there.

Courtesy of my friend who I was watching the game with (an avid Patriots fan). They showed Peyton warming up and he says "oh here comes ole Satan Manning, come to ruin my life one more time". Had to steal it lol

Kubiak announced Peyton as the starter for the divisional round. Can't say I'm suprised, but I am disappointed. Here comes another 1 and done.

I wish he would have dicked around with the media all the way until warmups and then announced Peyton as the starter.

• Like 1