[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Browns apparently to cut ties with Manziel

colkurtz

I think it is a valid comparison. Flame outs are flame outs regardless of the circumstances. Total waste.

But Micheal Irvin welcomes him to Cowboy land and mentors him.

God I hope it happens.

I agree that both could be considered flame outs, and now that it appears that if Manziel has a history of alcohol abuse, you kinda sorta start to feel sorry for him. Just in a different way - at least for me - than Marinovich.

And as an A&M hater I think it's great. What a clown. Hope the clown gets the help he needs, though.... and/or becomes a Cowboy. :woot:

Edited by darin3

His girlfriend said he threatened to kill both of them.

IMO Johnny is not only done, but he was never really ready/able to play. He has issues he's had since High School when his parents supposedly bought him a car to reward him for stopping drinking for some period of time.

He's a nonfactor to me with no reason to expect him to have a future.

Just read the WFAA report.

I'm not going to make jokes about Manziel anymore.

This guy needs help in the worst way. He's coming unglued.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Just read the WFAA report.

I'm not going to make jokes about Manziel anymore.

This guy needs help in the worst way. He's coming unglued.

Wait, I'm confused. Is this another incident involving his girlfriend and a car? Or is this just updated information on the incident that occurred a couple/few months ago?

Either way, yikes. Unglued is definitely the word here.

He's a binge drinker. Binge drinkers are absolutely the most misunderstood alcoholics. From my own experience and from what I've seen transpire, he is the poster child for binge drinking. Most, if not all bi ge drinkers, refuse to accept or even explore the possibility that they are alcoholics. They will tell you its under control....they dont need a drink every day and chastise you if you even suggest it. This is only going to get worse. I can 100% guarantee you we have not heard the last of his drunken escapades.

• Like 1

Johnny didn't show up for team medical eval today and ignored attempts to track him down. Browns said to be "so done" with him.

He says he wants to go to Dallas, who I'm sure will jump at the chance for an expensive, immature alcoholic prima donna to back up Romo.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25436697/report-browns-are-done-with-johnny-manziel-who-wants-to-go-to-dallas

He'll be in the Cowboys watch... bye bye romo... jp.

Wait, I'm confused. Is this another incident involving his girlfriend and a car? Or is this just updated information on the incident that occurred a couple/few months ago?

this is a second incident reported involving his girlfriend. First one happened a few months ago in OH. This one is a week or so ago in TX

From the WFAA liked article

Sources say in her affidavit, Crowley outlines the details of an alleged assault that she said began in Manziel's hotel room in Dallas in the early morning hours of Saturday, Jan. 30.

This is another incident with his GF and sounds more serious than the one in Cleveland where he nearly crashed his car as they fought and he stopped her from getting out of a moving car.

She is no saint and has problems as well. Don't know if he really beat her in Dallas and threatened her. Appears there isn't enough evidence to even file charges there for whatever reason. (Sorry but I have to think he's getting some celebrity treatement.) Don't know much about domestic violence and law enforcement but have heard of people being arrested quite regularly just based on the claims of abuse. Maybe there was no physical evidence, or he wasn't there, or she wouldn't file the complaint (she didn't even want the neighbor in Texas to call police over this)./

Starting to wonder if the NFL might do something before next season, I know they've said they are investigating. Maybe they suspend him, or try to force him into rehab.

The linked article also had this quote from his father, which I heard on the news last night

"We're trying to get our son better," Manziel's father, Paul Manziel told News 8. "We're not there yet."

Nope, not by a long shot. Should have worked harder to get him help back in HS or college.

I really do hope the guy gets help, don't want him to end up dead or in jail. But I am angry at the damage he's done to my Browns, and also mad at the fools who made the decision to draft him. So I'm sure I've said some nasty things and didn't always wish him the best.

If I remember correctly, I remember reading the (now ex?) girlfriend is a heavy partier as well. I'm just pointing it out because if she has a problem as well they have most likely been feeding off each others volatility.

If I remember correctly, I remember reading the (now ex?) girlfriend is a heavy partier as well. I'm just pointing it out because if she has a problem as well they have most likely been feeding off each others volatility.

Correct, with the domestic incident in Cleveland area (Nov?) it was reported they were returning home from an Oktoberfest event, and had both been drinking. But Johnny was pretty sober (no field sobriety test) while she was more inebriated slurred speech etc. His story was she tried to get ouf a moving car and he grabbed her arm, leaving some marks/scratches.

One key thing for people with these kind of problems to do is stop hanging out with others whose behavior is not helpful. That means get away from other drinkers, don't go out clubbing, etc.

On the news they mentioned Goodell's state of the NFL speech made at some press conference just before the SB, and how he is almost certain to be asked about this. We'll probably get the standard "We're aware and are investigating and will take the approprate action once that process is complete."

A co-worker and Browns fan sent me this link today, very interesting (but long) read on the background of the Manziel family and their shady business dealings. (So far its been mostly great-great and great grandfathers I'm reading about, but I've got a ways to go.)

http://deadspin.com/the-long-con-how-the-manziels-conquered-america-1040593220?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

• Like 2

A co-worker and Browns fan sent me this link today, very interesting (but long) read on the background of the Manziel family and their shady business dealings. (So far its been mostly great-great and great grandfathers I'm reading about, but I've got a ways to go.)

http://deadspin.com/the-long-con-how-the-manziels-conquered-america-1040593220?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

I never met a Manziel but growing up in East Texas you knew the name. People referred to them as the East Texas mafia.They definitely had "a name" and a reputation.

That's a long list of stuff...

Anybody know what happens if the NFL decides to suspend Manziel? Are the Browns stuck with him or can he still be cut, waived or traded?

Somebody on a Browns story is saying they cannot, they're stuck with him if he gets suspended.

Wasn't Ray Rice cut by the Ravens while serving his suspension?

This story and similar ones are blowing up fast, hence the question about suspension

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2614161-insider-buzz-manziel-expected-to-receive-significant-penalties-from-nfl?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-league

Edited by stevegrab

That is a fascinating read. It's like combining the Kennedys and the Italian Mafia with a southern setting. I think it'll take more than just alcohol to take down Johnny Manziel.

Edited by michaelredd9