[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2016 Coaching Carousel Thread

BA Baracus

So the one that blows my mind the most is how the 49ers can fire Tomsula as if his coaching was the root of their problems. How the hell does the GM keep his job after the talent gutting that happened?

• Like 1

49ers

Colts

Giants

Titans

Lions

Eagles

Chargers

Saints

Dolphins

Browns

There could be 10 Head Coaches vacancies by the end of the week, if not sooner.

IMHO Jim Tomsula was a good company guy who took the fall for idiots Jed York and Trent Baalke.

The 49ers organization is broken.

Couldn't have said this better myself. How Baalke is still the GM of this organization is a joke. This is the second worst front office in the NFL, behind the Browns.

Garret is safe !!! Thank God. I would have missed watching him incessantly clap while his team embarrasses themselves.

In fairness, I guess we give him a Mulligan this year because of the injuries but I would have him on a short rope. Losing all of those games when Romo went down is inexcusable . Some of them , sure, but all of them ? No bueno

Edited by whomper

Couldn't have said this better myself. How Baalke is still the GM of this organization is a joke. This is the second worst front office in the NFL, behind the Browns.

I've heard a 49er fan say that York feels Baalke did as much to build their dominance as Harbaugh, and when it came down to the Baalke-Harbaugh beef he sided with his friend Baalke. Plus now that there are guys like Kelly and Payton who may be available, it was a good idea to dump Tomsula who was really just a stop gap and go for that upgrade.

As for being second worst FO, that may be but they're not even in the same galaxy as the SS Browns.

Talk of Payton saying he'd be interested in niners job if it ever became available as his daughter lives here. Now if they make that as there first move I'd start listening. Because Yorks press conference was a lot of coach speak but he could back up promises in a big way with bringing in a leader instead of another puppet fall guy

Garret is safe !!! Thank God. I would have missed watching him incessantly clap while his team embarrasses themselves.

In fairness, I guess we give him a Mulligan this year because of the injuries but I would have him on a short rope. Losing all of those games when Romo went down is inexcusable . Some of them , sure, but all of them ? No bueno

Garrett has not been getting the job done and I knew Jerry Jones would give him a pass this year because of the injuries to Romo and Bryant. I would NOT have given him that free pass ... those played 7 games in a row that could have ALL be won but lost all 7. That is inexcusable. I didn't expect them to win them all ... but I did expect them to win at least TWO of them. The failure here is in coaching AND in the front office (with the failure to provide depth and leadership). When Jerry Jones decides to keep Garrett he signs on for another year of mediocrity. The window is fast closing on some of the key skill players in this group and in my opinion the future is bleak.

Talk of Payton saying he'd be interested in niners job if it ever became available as his daughter lives here. Now if they make that as there first move I'd start listening. Because Yorks press conference was a lot of coach speak but he could back up promises in a big way with bringing in a leader instead of another puppet fall guy

so far i have been happy with the names mentioned (kelly, peyton, holmgren, shannahan). If payton gets the call, i would not be surprised if we see brees follow.... and drafting goff to hold a clipboard for a couple of year.

so far i have been happy with the names mentioned (kelly, peyton, holmgren, shannahan). If payton gets the call, i would not be surprised if we see brees follow.... and drafting goff to hold a clipboard for a couple of year.

I agree like the names being mentioned and Brees/Goff scenario I have also thought could happen too. I'll take that big Brees fan and I really want them to take Goff if he's still there with Cleveland ahead of them

I hear you and agree. But can't help but be a little happy to be picking 4th rather than finishing 8-8 again and picking 19-20....AGAIN

I agree and ill be honest and say I dont follow College football . At 4, will there be a more valuable RB or QB ? We really need both although I was pleased with Mcfadden. Against all opinions on here , he carried the load and didnt miss time due to injury and put up over 1000 in less than a full season of starts

I agree and ill be honest and say I dont follow College football . At 4, will there be a more valuable RB or QB ? We really need both although I was pleased with Mcfadden. Against all opinions on here , he carried the load and didnt miss time due to injury and put up over 1000 in less than a full season of starts

As far as QB goes, Goff or Lynch (or both) should be available at 1.04. Lynch would be a solid pick, IMO - a bit more raw than Goff, but higher upside. Sitting for a year or two behind Romo would be a great situation.

At RB, Elliott is a very good prospect but not worth a top-5 pick. If Jerrah wants him, he could probably trade down to the teens.

• Like 1

You need a playmaker on defense. Lee can't stay healthy. Myles Jack is a home run.

You need a playmaker on defense. Lee can't stay healthy. Myles Jack is a home run.

Plus, he plays RB too!

I really think that might be their best bet, take the generational talent (Jack) when you can, and then hope a QB is available at 2.03. Carson Wentz is a small school guy who's really been climbing draft boards, seems to have a late 1st - early 2nd round grade right now. If anything, they could probably pull a Minny and move up to the end of the 1st to get their guy (especially if the Browns pass on QB at 1.02).

Plus, he plays RB too!

I really think that might be their best bet, take the generational talent (Jack) when you can, and then hope a QB is available at 2.03. Carson Wentz is a small school guy who's really been climbing draft boards, seems to have a late 1st - early 2nd round grade right now. If anything, they could probably pull a Minny and move up to the end of the 1st to get their guy (especially if the Browns pass on QB at 1.02).

The Cowboys are going to have a legit chance at either Johnny Football or RG3. If they draft a QB in this fairly weak class, I'd be pretty surprised.