[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2016 Coaching Carousel Thread

BA Baracus

Talk of Payton saying he'd be interested in niners job if it ever became available as his daughter lives here. Now if they make that as there first move I'd start listening. Because Yorks press conference was a lot of coach speak but he could back up promises in a big way with bringing in a leader instead of another puppet fall guy

Sorry to burst 49er fans bubble, but the Payton rumors are completely false. Payton, Brees & Loomis have all already said multiple times & for several weeks now that Payton's not going anywhere. He's still under contract for the next two seasons, just finished building a new house and he's said multiple times that they have a multi-year plan to get the Saints back in mix for the long term. All these bogus reports of him & Loomis having some kind of rift and his people talking to other teams and Payton wanting more power & Loomis taking on a larger role with the Pelicans & Jeff Ireland taking over as GM & on & on, is pure fabrication from the media trying to stir the pot and get SP to a larger market team. This "meeting" between him & Loomis has nothing to do with his status as coach. They do this every year to close out the season and go over what direction they want to take going forward.

Sorry to burst 49er fans bubble, but the Payton rumors are completely false. Payton, Brees & Loomis have all already said multiple times & for several weeks now that Payton's not going anywhere. He's still under contract for the next two seasons, just finished building a new house and he's said multiple times that they have a multi-year plan to get the Saints back in mix for the long term. All these bogus reports of him & Loomis having some kind of rift and his people talking to other teams and Payton wanting more power & Loomis taking on a larger role with the Pelicans & Jeff Ireland taking over as GM & on & on, is pure fabrication from the media trying to stir the pot and get SP to a larger market team. This "meeting" between him & Loomis has nothing to do with his status as coach. They do this every year to close out the season and go over what direction they want to take going forward.

I honestly can't see Payton and Brees anywhere else. And as the Saints are my "by default 2nd favorite team" [insert ish-talking here], I hope I'm right.

With so many jobs now available it means there will be competition for the better ones. This could be good or bad for us (TN). Great place to live and a potentially stellar QB but the rest of the team is hurting and I suspect many won't want to work with the absentee but micromanaging owners.

I just hope the idea of Nashville really appeals to someone with stellar credentials. Maybe Belichick is tired of the snow up there.

Wait the media just makes manure up, that is mind blowing.

Glad to hear as I like that combo and would like to see the Saints rebound soon.

The Browns don't seem to know what kind of coach they want, what qualifcations that person needs or anything. No other way to explain the many candidates being mentioned including Jerome Henderson, the Cowboys DB coach. As far as I can tell the guy has never held a higher coaching position, I'm trying to recall the last position coach to get a HC job. Wasn't Jim Harbaugh a ST coach before he got HC. Not on the level of OC or DC, but still more than a position coach.

Oh well I'm sure we'll succeed this time with whoever we hire :kicksrock:

With so many jobs now available it means there will be competition for the better ones. This could be good or bad for us (TN). Great place to live and a potentially stellar QB but the rest of the team is hurting and I suspect many won't want to work with the absentee but micromanaging owners.

I just hope the idea of Nashville really appeals to someone with stellar credentials. Maybe Belichick is tired of the snow up there.

Thanks I needed a laugh.

Interesting read but these guys either don't follow what is going on or just make up their own stuff.

For the Browns

"This could very realistically be the worst head coaching vacancy. Browns owner Jimmy Haslam is well known for firing coaching too quickly and generally being a far less-successful version of Jerry Jones. Any coach in Cleveland will also need to hire their own boss and will likely need to accept a heavy reliance on analytics after the team signed Moneyball character Paul DePodesta."

The bolded is completely false, unless other reports I've read are. They have said that Sashi Brown (VP Football operations) will report to Haslam, the GM will report to Brown. The new HC will also report to Haslam, as do DiPodesta and Scheiner (the VP on business side). The coach will get INPUT into the GM, but will not be hiring them, or having final approval.

The rest is pretty accurate, worst opening, owner with a quick "you're fired", buying into analytics. I'd be thrilled with Hue Jackson, if nothing else others have interest in him unlike most guys we've hired.

Don't worry that bubble has long been burst

• Like 1

Read today that hue jackson is the favorite for the 49er job.

Really didnt like reading that

Funny because I just read a report that Cleveland plans to make a huge push for him, and both were impressed with each other during meetings. Cleveland is willing to pull out all the stops, including not firing him after 2 years

Funny because I just read a report that Cleveland plans to make a huge push for him, and both were impressed with each other during meetings. Cleveland is willing to pull out all the stops, including not firing him after 2 years

He must be one special sumb!tch if they are throwing around that sort of talk!

So they're going to include that 5 billion dollar early terminiation clause in the contract?

Most here think "well if SF isn't in a hurry to hire him, then we should wait and have more interviews." And now SF is said to have plans to interview Coughlin.

Still I have this feeling is it more of an unknown person, somebody that is not being considered by other teams. Maybe somebody that is not even a DC or OC now, like Henderson (DAL secondary coach). They'll need to buy into the analytics and all the other special stuff in place.

Did read the Browns let many of the coaches under contract go, of note for those asked to stay are OC John DeFilippo (Flip) and QB coach Kevin O'Connell (also two coaches from secondar Jeff Hafley and Aaron Glenn. The new HC will decide if they keep any of these guys or not. The DC (who many hated and was brought with Pettine from BUF) Jim O'Neil was let go as was ST coach Chris Tabor who had been here through several coachs (5 years, or so 3-4 HCs)

Poor sod...

Right, the Dolphins are so much better.....

Suck it everybody, for once we're not signing the left over dregs, we actually signed somebody that other teams were interested in, and even got him before he went to interview for the Giants. Finally a HC hire that make sense and may be able to turn things around (if given time).

Right, the Dolphins are so much better.....

Suck it everybody, for once we're not signing the left over dregs, we actually signed somebody that other teams were interested in, and even got him before he went to interview for the Giants. Finally a HC hire that make sense and may be able to turn things around (if given time).

Well I happen to think there is talent in Miami. A god awful front office meddled in by a horrible owner, but talented players nonetheless. What you got except internal support groups for Johnny Party and Josh Chronic?

:boxing:

Seriously though, it has to be nice that Jackson actually chose to go there instead of grabbing whoever is left over once all the other teams hired a coach. Maybe things are looking up in Cleveland.