[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2016 Coaching Carousel Thread

BA Baracus

I'm very happy with the hiring, loaf's comment sounded more like "not really thrilled". Was surprised a co-worker with season tickets isn't more enthusiastic. I wonder if it might be that he was ready to finally ditch his tickets and now feels he needs to hang on to see if it can be turned around. He has little faith, I didn't either before the hire. But first time they've really gotten it right since returning in 99.

Nothing we can do but try and be optimistic until the new regime shows it isn't capable. Drafting a QB with the #2 overall pick would tell me they're doomed right then.

I'm very happy with the hiring, loaf's comment sounded more like "not really thrilled". Was surprised a co-worker with season tickets isn't more enthusiastic. I wonder if it might be that he was ready to finally ditch his tickets and now feels he needs to hang on to see if it can be turned around. He has little faith, I didn't either before the hire. But first time they've really gotten it right since returning in 99.

Nothing we can do but try and be optimistic until the new regime shows it isn't capable. Drafting a QB with the #2 overall pick would tell me they're doomed right then.

You said the same thing with the last hire lol. Maybe you should just copy this post and paste it every 2-3yrs.

You said the same thing with the last hire lol. Maybe you should just copy this post and paste it every 2-3yrs.

You have a better memory than I do, maybe BJ can find where I actually said that.

I don't recall what I said 2 years ago, but I DID NOT feel the same way about Pettine as I do about Hue Jackson. Just a few major differences

- he has experience as a HC, in the NFL no less

- he was being considered as a HC by other NFL teams (nobody for Pettine)

- he was not our last choice, and we were not the last team (actually 2nd) to hire our HC

If you're just trying to be funny, har-har. If you're being serious :moon:

You have a better memory than I do, maybe BJ can find where I actually said that.

I don't recall what I said 2 years ago, but I DID NOT feel the same way about Pettine as I do about Hue Jackson. Just a few major differences

- he has experience as a HC, in the NFL no less

- he was being considered as a HC by other NFL teams (nobody for Pettine)

- he was not our last choice, and we were not the last team (actually 2nd) to hire our HC

If you're just trying to be funny, har-har. If you're being serious :moon:

Well it was funny considering how many coaches Cleve goes through.

Well it was funny considering how many coaches Cleve goes through.

The Chargers coaches (881 games 15 coaches) only last on average 5 games longer than Cleveland coaches (1012 games, 19 coaches)

Playoff Games

Browns - 36

Chargers - 28

Overall win % including playoffs

Browns - .517

Chargers- .490

and im just gonna leave this http://nflspinzone.com/2014/08/14/statistically-ranking-32-nfl-franchises-order-greatness/7/ right here

Edited by jamesplante11
  • Like 1

That was expected since word was they only fired Lovie because they wanted to keep Koetter and were afraid he'd get a HC job elsewhere.

Well with Kelly to SF, Koetter TB, Pederson to PHI (even on NFL coaching tracker now) that leaves only the TEN opening. And maybe DET if the new GM fires Caldwell. (That would be a mistake now, with so many candidates gone and all of them working to assemble a staff ASAP.)

Doesn't even sound like the Titans have had an interview yet. See a video clip from Rappoport sayng Mularkey could be the lead guy to get that job.

NFL.com coaching tracker

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000613876/article/coaching-tracker-chip-kelly-lands-with-49ers

Stupid Titans. They must hate winning.

Personally, I'm looking forward to having the top pick again next year.

Everything about this hire is awful. He has a proven track record of suck. It pretty much proves the rumors that the newly hired GM was only hired because he'd accept Mularkey as the coach. And the timing is completely screwy. If he was your guy from the start why take so long to announce it? You already waited this long, no one else is looking for a head coach anymore, why not wait a little longer and interview some people currently on playoff teams to see if they could be a better option? This whole situation screams that the Titans front office just doesn't care about the team or about winning. It's pathetic.