[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Chargers, Raiders and Rams have all filed applications to move to Los Angeles

Wolverines Fan

No Jags?

according to a radio report this morning, none have the 24 votes needed to actually move

Link? Even if this is true, there's still time to make it happen.

I've been saying for months - and it's been backed up by a ton of industry experts saying the same thing - that a team (or teams) is/are coming to LA as soon as 2016.

This is the furthest the relocation process has reached since the Rams/Raiders left.

Link? Even if this is true, there's still time to make it happen.

I've been saying for months - and it's been backed up by a ton of industry experts saying the same thing - that a team (or teams) is/are coming to LA as soon as 2016.

This is the furthest the relocation process has reached since the Rams/Raiders left.

no link, as stated, I heard it on NFL radio hourly news update at 8 am EST. I think they may be available via podcast... :shrug:

at least I'm not claiming some coach is being fired signing an extension :woot:

no link, as stated, I heard it on NFL radio hourly news update at 8 am EST. I think they may be available via podcast... :shrug:

at least I'm not claiming some coach is being fired signing an extension :woot:

You'd think something that damning to the relocation effort would be reported by a wider range of media.

The Pagano report was on ESPN.

You'd think something that damning to the relocation effort would be reported by a wider range of media.

The Pagano report was on ESPN.

I dunno, just saying what I heard them say..... maybe they are assuming the 2 (since SD/ OAK seems to be a package deal) will split the votes?

Just busting balls about Pagano, I read the report, looked like someone was hoping to break a story and guessed wrong, even thought it looked obvious to everyone who follows the NFL

We'll know more in a couple weeks when the owners vote. Still not sure anybody has enough votes, or a good enough plan for a new stadium as well as a temporary home.

Will believe it when there's an announcement of the move. As a fan of a team that was stolen from us, I hope it doesn't happen, especially in SD where I feel they do have very good fan support, but local government doesn't want to finance a new stadium (cannot blame them, cities with facilities that are 20 years old are asking for new ones, its crazy).

As for not having the required 24 votes, I saw that mentioned in an article on the relocation as well, but don't remember where or who the source was. Each of the owners wanting to relocate are likely to vote for their team, and against the other 2, so they need 23 of the remaining 29 to vote yes.

There's zero chance the Chargers are ever playing in San Diego again.

Dean Spanos is a well-respected owner who has plead his case for years now, both with the other 31 owners and the City of San Diego and the City keeps giving him the shaft.

The other owners are going to side with him here and the Bolts are coming up the freeway to LA. Book it.

There's zero chance the Chargers are ever playing in San Diego again.

Dean Spanos is a well-respected owner who has plead his case for years now, both with the other 31 owners and the City of San Diego and the City keeps giving him the shaft.

The other owners are going to side with him here and the Bolts are coming up the freeway to LA. Book it.

Interesting because I read somebody who said that Spanos himself said "Chargers are in San Diego next year for sure". One of the stories linked in that discussion had a video but I didn't have time to watch it.

This has the video but also text of it, and includes that phrase

http://www.chargers.com/news/2016/01/04/dean-spanos-explains-chargers-filing-relocation

look for this question

Question: If the Chargers are not going to move to Los Angeles, what happens here in San Diego moving forward?

Maybe that was if they DON'T move to LA.

Sure sounds like the Bolts and Rams are coming, now in a shared stadium in Inglewood rather than Carson. Makes sense.

I sure hope you are right. That's what I am hearing from several sources also but it remains to be seen.

I sure hope you are right. That's what I am hearing from several sources also but it remains to be seen.

I have a buddy who's about as close to "in the know" as you'll get without being an NFL employee and that's been his call.

I heard that Spanos and Kroenke hate each other though. Supposedly Spanos went to Kroenke a long time ago with this as a pitch and Kroenke said he wasn't moving, only to have him buy the Inglewood property and obviously try to move the team.

The NFL wants one team from each conference (for TV dollars) like what they have in NY. Having divisional rivals in the Chargers and Raiders makes no (or little) sense.

And hey, both teams are gold/blue.... ;)

We'll know soon, NFL meeting this week, good article with lots of info below.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000621024/article/la-relocation-meeting-primer-chargers-raiders-rams-in-limbo

Going to be interesting, with SD & OAK looking at a shared stadium, and STL looking at their own what happens. Can they move only SD or OAK? Also heard the NFL said they looked at the STL stadium proposal and it was not good enough. So they would not stand in Kroenke's way. A

I still think its not even 50% that one team is in LA for 2016.

Ok, reading the linked article now I see one new wrinkle I missed, Kroenke has grudgingly agreed after presss from the league to take on a second team as tenant or partner. According to the article neither proposal has the required 24 votes to pass.

I have no link because it was on NFL radio this morning.

Report that the Chargers would refuse to shared stadium deal.

found this link though

http://www.fieldofschemes.com/2016/01/12/10399/nfl-reported-close-to-deal-on-shared-rams-chargers-stadium-chargers-call-this-a-load-of-hooey/

That would be huge indeed, since so far Chargers owner Dean Spanos has expressed no interest in sharing digs with the Rams in Inglewood, while Rams owner Stan Kroenke doesn’t want to go in on the Chargers site in Carson. So if everyone’s on the same page now, that’s exactly the kind of compromise that could lead to—
“On December 7, the Chargers made clear in writing that we had zero interest in the Inglewood project, and nothing has changed since then,” Chargers special counsel Mark Fabiani said Monday in a statement to USA TODAY Sports.
So maybe just Ingelwood?

The feeling I got from the article on NFL.com is the owners feel Spanos has suffered the longest and worst, so they'll make sure he can get out of SD. Whether that is with the Raiders in one site, or joining Kroenke at his site. Giving the nod to either STL or OAK may be contingent on SD being included somehow.

Another rumor I heard is that maybe they only ok Kroenke, and let Spanos go back to SD one more time (talk of some upcoming vote), then if that fails he gets to move to LA in 1-2 years.

Either way, if 2 teams move to LA and they're both AFC there will be some realignment.

I have no link because it was on NFL radio this morning.

Report that the Chargers would refuse to shared stadium deal.

found this link though

http://www.fieldofschemes.com/2016/01/12/10399/nfl-reported-close-to-deal-on-shared-rams-chargers-stadium-chargers-call-this-a-load-of-hooey/

That would be huge indeed, since so far Chargers owner Dean Spanos has expressed no interest in sharing digs with the Rams in Inglewood, while Rams owner Stan Kroenke doesn’t want to go in on the Chargers site in Carson. So if everyone’s on the same page now, that’s exactly the kind of compromise that could lead to—
“On December 7, the Chargers made clear in writing that we had zero interest in the Inglewood project, and nothing has changed since then,” Chargers special counsel Mark Fabiani said Monday in a statement to USA TODAY Sports.
So maybe just Ingelwood?

If the NFL mandates that the only way Spanos and the Bolts come to LA that it's in a shared stadium situation with the Rams, you think Spanos is going to say no? :lol: He's bluffing. They obviously already agreed to another shared situation with the Raiders.

The difference here is Spanos is bitter at Kroenke for going behind his back to buy the Inglewood property. Spanos approached Kroenke (from reports I've heard) many years ago regarding the property and a shared stadium situation and Kroenke said no.

The NFL wants Inglewood. It's a better venue for THEM. It has plans for TV studios, the whole "fan experience" area, etc.

Who's in charge here? What do they want? That should point to what the result will be.

The Chargers are going to be the Clippers in LA for the next couple decades. They are overestimating the demand here for that team. This is a Rams/Raiders with only scant Chargers fans.

Disagree - the Chargers claim that a good bit of their fan base is in Orange County. I know a ton of Charger fans in OC.

The drive to Carson is way better for us OC folks but I assume they'd be happy with Inglewood too.