[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sean Payton will coach the Saints in 2016

Wolverines Fan

Yeah like I mentioned in the carousel thread, couldn't see Payton leaving. They've built something special down there, and despite a couple rough years I think they have what it takes organizationally to turn it around. I'm proud to call them my 2nd favorite :woot:

:lol:

I wasn't really fishing. They have a good RB, a good WR. Brees isn't getting any younger. Their Def is awful..

I wasn't really commenting on the current state of affairs. Obviously their D is terrible.

Was talking more about what Payton/Brees and the Saints in general did for New Orleans after Katrina. That whole franchise was a joke for decades :bag: and that pair completely invigorated a city that needed something like that more than anyone else.

Brees is a f'in god in New Orleans and from what I know he absolutely loves it there. Just couldn't see him anywhere else. Rajn already mentioned Payton building a new house there and I know his roots are set there now as well.

Losing Jimmy Graham was one thing - losing that pair, or honestly, even one or the other... would be devastating considering what they meant to the city and what they continue to mean to them. Trust me on this.

• Like 1

New York Giants :crybaby:

Indianapolis Colts :crybaby:

Dallas Cowboys :crybaby:

San Francisco 49ers :crybaby:

Miami Dolphins :crybaby:

Philadelphia Eagles :crybaby:

:razz::moon:

Meh...suprisingly I've been finding myself liking the idea of Marrone and Schwartz anyways.

I wasn't really commenting on the current state of affairs. Obviously their D is terrible.

Was talking more about what Payton/Brees and the Saints in general did for New Orleans after Katrina. That whole franchise was a joke for decades :bag: and that pair completely invigorated a city that needed something like that more than anyone else.

Brees is a f'in god in New Orleans and from what I know he absolutely loves it there. Just couldn't see him anywhere else. Rajn already mentioned Payton building a new house there and I know his roots are set there now as well.

Losing Jimmy Graham was one thing - losing that pair, or honestly, even one or the other... would be devastating considering what they meant to the city and what they continue to mean to them. Trust me on this.

ah..fair enough

What about my Browns ? And the Titans?

DAL and IND aren't even shopping for a new head coach.

Browns & Titans... Yes, those are MUCH better situations than the one in New Orleans. Hell Manziel is risking tanking his entire career just to get out of there.

Indy was rumored to be after Payton even before Pagano was fired/retained and even just yesterday "the word" was that they were talking to Payton's camp, which of course was completely false. Dallas has been rumored to be after Payton for years now and lo and behold, guess who was in New Orleans yesterday?

Edited by rajncajn

:lol:

I wasn't really fishing. They have a good RB, a good WR. Brees isn't getting any younger. Their Def is awful..

True that. They've been at or near the top on offense for several years now, but have made some very bad decisions as far as personnel & coaches on defense. This year, as ugly as it was stat-wise, we've got some extremely promising players on D. Even with the homer glasses off, I do think they will make quite a jump next year. With Rob Ryan they had a lot of issues with communication and understanding assignments in his scheme. They proved to be much better in that regard after Dennis Allen took over. Now they've just got to get better at DT and a DE opposite Cam Jordan and get Keenan Lewis back to health.

Browns & Titans... Yes, those are MUCH better situations than the one in New Orleans. Hell Manziel is risking tanking his entire career just to get out of there.

Indy was rumored to be after Payton even before Pagano was fired/retained and even just yesterday "the word" was that they were talking to Payton's camp, which of course was completely false. Dallas has been rumored to be after Payton for years now and lo and behold, guess who was in New Orleans yesterday?

:shocking: Where'd I say those jobs are more appealing that New Orleans, you may think I'm a fool but I'm not a moron. I know that CLE is probably the last place any HC wants to end up. Its why we'll get our 10th choice or worse and why they've already got plans to interview about 7 guys this week.

Yes I know that both IND & DAL were rumored to be pursuing Payton, so that's why they're on your list. SF isn't very appealing (other than their legacy of success and SF as a place to live) either but they were on your list.

Just busting your balls a bit on excluding teams from your mooning session.

:shocking: Where'd I say those jobs are more appealing that New Orleans, you may think I'm a fool but I'm not a moron. I know that CLE is probably the last place any HC wants to end up. Its why we'll get our 10th choice or worse and why they've already got plans to interview about 7 guys this week.

Yes I know that both IND & DAL were rumored to be pursuing Payton, so that's why they're on your list. SF isn't very appealing (other than their legacy of success and SF as a place to live) either but they were on your list.

Just busting your balls a bit on excluding teams from your mooning session.

I only mentioned teams that were rumored to have interest in Payton and/or vice-versa. The San Fran boards were supposedly on fire with fans certain that he would be coming there. Funny thing was the only tie-in they had to Payton was the fact that his daughter goes to school at Pepperdine... (thanks Ian Rappaport for that gem of a scoop) which is just about as far away from San Francisco as Dallas is from New Orleans, which is where his son is. Which would then put him waaaaaaayyyy away from him. :lol: Just goes to show you how ridiculous many of these reports were.

I only mentioned teams that were rumored to have interest in Payton and/or vice-versa. The San Fran boards were supposedly on fire with fans certain that he would be coming there. Funny thing was the only tie-in they had to Payton was the fact that his daughter goes to school at Pepperdine... (thanks Ian Rappaport for that gem of a scoop) which is just about as far away from San Francisco as Dallas is from New Orleans, which is where his son is. Which would then put him waaaaaaayyyy away from him. :lol: Just goes to show you how ridiculous many of these reports were.

That's rich, because his daughter goes to school 350+ miles from there.