[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PIT vs CIN

BeeR

Wow, this BobbyBrown guy must be a really big Bengals fan.

Seriously, this thread was very entertaining. The same anti-Steeler leader, the same anti-Steeler followers. Dude, it's been over 10 years, you honestly might need to seek treatment. :lol:

Shazier should have been called for spearing. He led with the crown of his helmet.

The earlier call on Wheaton was incorrect. They should have someone review these hits, as it's hard for refs to see in real-time.

Bengals coaches were all over the field after the Bernard injury. You can't rip Porter for being out there without acknowledging that.

Burfict's hit on Brown was an obvious penalty.

I'm positive that Joey Porter was talking trash. PacMan contacted an official while trying to get at Porter. He is stupid and his stupidity cost his team.

EVERY NFL TEAM has players who are good character guys and players who aren't. It is silly to pretend your favorite team doesn't. The Steelers have examples of both. So does your favorite team. So do the Bengals. However, two of the Bengals players made ill-timed, selfish decisions.

By the way, if we are going to analyze every single moment and missed call (there are tons in every game), look at this video and let me know if A.J. Green should have been called for a false start on his TD catch. http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/watch-bengals-wr-a-j-green-false-start-on-final-td-against-steelers/

I thought the entire game was ugly. I don't think either team played very well. There were missed calls that should have been made against the Steeelers, some were big moments. There were, gasp, missed calls against the Bengals, some at key moments. The point is, the Steelers got a gift, no doubt from two Bengals who couldn't control themselves. It won't matter. If they aren't healthy enough and/or don't play better, the Broncos will end things next week. If the Steelers do happen to win, I'll be sure to check back in here for another episode of "I'll never get over it" starring BobbyBrown.

Moth,

Thanks for mentioning me in a forum that I haven't even been on in a LONG time. :WillieNelson: I am always on your mind.....I am always on your mind. :WillieNelson:

Sincerely, Flame

Menudo did some sort of Google alert go off telling you that you were mentioned? Or do you just come looking for threads about your Steelers after every tainted playoff vicotry ;)

Good to see you acknowledge some things that most Steeler fans won't like the Shazier hit.

As for Porter and the Bengals also having players on the field, that is true. But did those Bengals coaches act like tools trying to start a fight with some Steeler players?

As for the Broncos game, even if Ben can go it will be tough sledding.

Menudo did some sort of Google alert go off telling you that you were mentioned? Or do you just come looking for threads about your Steelers after every tainted playoff vicotry ;)

Good to see you acknowledge some things that most Steeler fans won't like the Shazier hit.

As for Porter and the Bengals also having players on the field, that is true. But did those Bengals coaches act like tools trying to start a fight with some Steeler players?

As for the Broncos game, even if Ben can go it will be tough sledding.

I really don't have much to argue with you on this, except I didn't see Porter trying to start anything. I'm sure he had words, but, I'm guessing some Bengals coaches said some things after the Bernard hit too. PacMan Jones was stupid enough to let words hurt him and he reacted.

If Ben is capable, I think the Steelers have a chance. However, they have to play much better than they did in Cincy. I thought they played a pretty lousy game, especially on offense, and two Bengals basically gifted them a win. I'm just glad to have another week to watch my favorite team. I don't think they are good enough to make it much further, but, stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

Wow, this BobbyBrown guy must be a really big Bengals fan.

Seriously, this thread was very entertaining. The same anti-Steeler leader, the same anti-Steeler followers. Dude, it's been over 10 years, you honestly might need to seek treatment. :lol:

Shazier should have been called for spearing. He led with the crown of his helmet.

The earlier call on Wheaton was incorrect. They should have someone review these hits, as it's hard for refs to see in real-time.

Bengals coaches were all over the field after the Bernard injury. You can't rip Porter for being out there without acknowledging that.

Burfict's hit on Brown was an obvious penalty.

I'm positive that Joey Porter was talking trash. PacMan contacted an official while trying to get at Porter. He is stupid and his stupidity cost his team.

EVERY NFL TEAM has players who are good character guys and players who aren't. It is silly to pretend your favorite team doesn't. The Steelers have examples of both. So does your favorite team. So do the Bengals. However, two of the Bengals players made ill-timed, selfish decisions.

By the way, if we are going to analyze every single moment and missed call (there are tons in every game), look at this video and let me know if A.J. Green should have been called for a false start on his TD catch. http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/watch-bengals-wr-a-j-green-false-start-on-final-td-against-steelers/

I thought the entire game was ugly. I don't think either team played very well. There were missed calls that should have been made against the Steeelers, some were big moments. There were, gasp, missed calls against the Bengals, some at key moments. The point is, the Steelers got a gift, no doubt from two Bengals who couldn't control themselves. It won't matter. If they aren't healthy enough and/or don't play better, the Broncos will end things next week. If the Steelers do happen to win, I'll be sure to check back in here for another episode of "I'll never get over it" starring BobbyBrown.

Moth,

Thanks for mentioning me in a forum that I haven't even been on in a LONG time. :WillieNelson: I am always on your mind.....I am always on your mind. :WillieNelson:

Sincerely, Flame

martavis only had 1 foot in by the time he controlled the ball..

I've been going back and forth on that catch, after I got past the awesomeness of it. I hear both arguments and I still don't know. I'm usually pretty decisive, but I just don't know on that one. I see both sides of the argument. They did the right thing by not overturning it because I don't think there was enough evidence to overturn it.

He never lost control of that ball and it was one of the best catches ive seen in years

• Like 1

I've seen so many catches that weren't catches and weren't catches that were catches this yr that idk what's what. But I was actually just trying to jerk Menudos chain a lil :kicksrock:

Please refrain from jerking anything of mine.....thanks in advance. ;)

Edited by Menudo

Yes. I don't know how you maintain control of the ball on your backside while doing a flip. But, he did that.

:lol: Exactly. I didnt have a rooting interest but I was so glad there wasnt the stupid juggle of the ball that would have ruined that play and marred a game with the catch no catch nonsense

So it appears Jones was fined for touching the official. Everyone was touching someone on that play. :lol:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14577318/pittsburgh-steelers-coaches-joey-porter-mike-munchak-cincinnati-bengals-defensive-back-adam-jones-fined

The NFL fined four players and two coaches a total of $83,665 for their actions in the Pittsburgh-Cincinnati wild-card game.

Bengals cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was fined $28,940 for contact with an official, a foul that moved the Steelers closer for their game-winning field goal in the final seconds Saturday night.

His teammates Wallace Gilberry and Domata Peko were each fined $8,681. Gilberry's fine was for unsportsmanlike conduct and Peko's for unnecessary roughness.

Steelers guard Ramon Foster was fined $17,363 for unnecessary roughness.

Earlier this week, the league suspended Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict three games without pay for his conduct in the game, which Pittsburgh won 18-16 to advance to Sunday's AFC divisional round game in Denver. Burfict was flagged for a hit that knocked out Steelers star receiver Antonio Brown, who was ruled out of Sunday's game against the Broncos.

Jones, who earlier in the week had accused Brown of faking an injury, issued an apology Friday.

Although Burfict wasn't issued any additional fines this week, he'll miss out of $502,941 of his $2.85 million salary in 2016 if his suspension is upheld.

Also Pittsburgh assistant coaches Mike Munchak and Joey Porter were each fined $10,000.

Did any of the officials get fined for their poor showing? They never had control of this game or the previous Pit-Cincy game where multiple players were fined. I just don't get how the NFL can put the same officials in this game. In the end, they blew calls both ways and what could've been an even better game became a joke.....and the team that survived their mistakes is now so beat up a win vs Denver is going to be tough to come by.