[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chip Kelly to the 49ers

Montana is da Man

He will bring in multiple rbs...trade all qbs...and run the team into the ground. Oh wait, they are already there! Not sure if there was anything to lose in this situation if you are Chip Kelly, expectations can't be that great even if they clean house on draft day and in free agency....too many gaps to fill....tough division to move up in at the moment.

He will bring in multiple rbs...trade all qbs...and run the team into the ground. Oh wait, they are already there! Not sure if there was anything to lose in this situation if you are Chip Kelly, expectations can't be that great even if they clean house on draft day and in free agency....too many gaps to fill....tough division to move up in at the moment.

Says a Lions fan :lol:

• Like 1

They will need to spend a ton in free agency. They will need a perfect draft. And they will need lots of luck to even have a decent season.

Well they have the 3rd most money in cap and 12 draft picks... and it is not about next season bud they will suck it is about season 2 and 3 after chip to see if it worked its a rebuilding not a miracle on 34th street

• Like 1

Well they have the 3rd most money in cap and 12 draft picks... and it is not about next season bud they will suck it is about season 2 and 3 after chip to see if it worked its a rebuilding not a miracle on 34th street

5 - 11 was a good record for this team. I was expecting more of a 3 - 13 season. Baalke has had good drafts before, but the last 2 weren't so great.

The 2 biggest hurdles for the 49ers will be Kelly and Baalke's relationship, and the division they play in.

That's the 2nd time in this thread. So a fan of a team that didn't play well this yr isn't allowed to have an opinion on Chip Kelly and the 49ers??

Gotcha

As a Browns fan I hear that kind or moronic BS all the time. Like I'm the GM or something. :crazy:

Why do you people not understand that he's not the GM in SFO? :wacko:

• Like 2

5 - 11 was a good record for this team. I was expecting more of a 3 - 13 season. Baalke has had good drafts before, but the last 2 weren't so great.

The 2 biggest hurdles for the 49ers will be Kelly and Baalke's relationship, and the division they play in.

Absolutely 5 wins was a shocker and I wish they would have lived more to expectations for draft position and all. It could be 2 very good football minds meshing and getting it done or two very good football minds disagreeing like teenagers. Time will tell all I know is its a helluva lot more encouraging then going into last year with Tomsula :wacko:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe
  • Like 1

Funny that a 49ers/non lions fan would detract from the topic and point out a lions fan.....and I'll be one until I die! I have lived through many garbage and disappointing seasons, but that doesn't make my opinion on this topic any less valid than yours. SF imploded after losing Harbaugh and many key players. Tomasulo was in a no win situation and management new it. Chip Kelly may have been the best they could've hired and quite frankly I hope he figures out how to interact with players and management more tactfully or 5-11 will seem like a great season, playing in the division they are in. As for my lions....I only wish I was there GM because we would have a much better team from drafting alone! I can't tell you how many times I've sat there watching and said take so and so, they will be a pro bowler, but lions go with the cute pick....kills me. However, I feel for 49er fans too and know what it's like to be bad.....good luck. I hope Chip pans out.

Funny that a 49ers/non lions fan would detract from the topic and point out a lions fan.....and I'll be one until I die! I have lived through many garbage and disappointing seasons, but that doesn't make my opinion on this topic any less valid than yours. SF imploded after losing Harbaugh and many key players. Tomasulo was in a no win situation and management new it. Chip Kelly may have been the best they could've hired and quite frankly I hope he figures out how to interact with players and management more tactfully or 5-11 will seem like a great season, playing in the division they are in. As for my lions....I only wish I was there GM because we would have a much better team from drafting alone! I can't tell you how many times I've sat there watching and said take so and so, they will be a pro bowler, but lions go with the cute pick....kills me. However, I feel for 49er fans too and know what it's like to be bad.....good luck. I hope Chip pans out.

Right on bud I'm not detracting I know every bit of criticism and laughing at the niners is warranted. They are a joke right now and the ragging on them should and will continue until they prove otherwise. Just defending my piss poor team as any one else would do as well for theirs. And just for the record I've always rooted for the lions to succeed they are one of my top 5 along with New Orleans Indy Steelers(brothers a hugh fan) and Cards that I pull for if the niners are out of it.

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Absolutely 5 wins was a shocker and I wish they would have lived more to expectations for draft position and all. It could be 2 very good football minds meshing and getting it done or two very good football minds disagreeing like teenagers. Time will tell all I know is its a helluva lot more encouraging then going into last year with Tomsula :wacko:

:tup:

49ers ink deal with CFL star WR Eric Rogers

49ers signed WR Eric Rogers.

Rogers, 25 next month, attended D-3 Cal Lutheran and put up a 91-1,298-18 line as a 2012 senior. At 6'3/210, he ran 4.50 with a 37-inch vertical and 10-foot-1 broad jump at his Pro Day. Rogers ended up going undrafted and spent the 2013 summer in Cowboys camp before getting cut. He's been in the CFL ever since and posted an 87-1,448-10 line with the Calgary Stampeders in 2015, leading the league in yards and touchdowns. The California native is a worthwhile flier with some upside. Rogers visited 16 NFL teams before signing.
Jan 20 - 3:43 PM
Edited by michaelredd9

As a long time Niner fan I look at this as a win-win situation. If he does well and can turn the Niners around, great. If he fails and they stay the same or become even worse, we could be entertained by more York hate banners flying over head on game day.

I'll reiterate - if Chip hasn't learned how to communicate with players And develop mutual respect, this will implode like Philly. If not, this has the chance to be a sneaky hire. I'm moderately surprised Kelly is getting a second chance.

I agree, He cost the Eagles over 10 million dollars in just one season with piss poor results. He's an mister of the large variety, and many of his players can't stand him. But beyond all that, he calls a game so simple that he gets figured out quickly. So many players from opposing teams have said they had the Eagles figured out.

He's just a pompous ass whose legacy will be an NFL failure, IMO.

I agree, He cost the Eagles over 10 million dollars in just one season with piss poor results. He's an mister of the large variety, and many of his players can't stand him. But beyond all that, he calls a game so simple that he gets figured out quickly. So many players from opposing teams have said they had the Eagles figured out.

He's just a pompous ass whose legacy will be an NFL failure, IMO.

no reason to sugar coat it
  • Like 2