[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cities that get two NFL Teams

Patriots

Sure the NY metro pulls in enough fans (I do realize this as I'm from the NYC metro area), but wasn't the whole point of the thread that most of the money comes from television anyway? So I'm just pointing out that, if the Jets were in Portland, not only would Portland watch the Jets, but the whole state of Oregon plus who knows how much area in parts of states like Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, etc. And the NFL would still have the tv ad profit covered from Giants games. I'm thinking spreading it out to reach as many fans as possible would = more revenue, but maybe I'm wrong?

I'm not quite sure about all this as I stated from the getgo. I'm (possibly more than) a bit naive on the ins & outs of NFL management, but this was the reason why the Rams' move to LA didn't make sense to me.

I think I'm merging the topics in this thread and the Rams to LA thread a little bit. @stevegrab, check my post here, might clear a few things up: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/458786-rams-to-la/?p=4192819

Edited by pun

I think you are stuck on the idea Portland could land an NFL franchise. Maybe, and i stress MAYBE, if it were back in the day like Green Bay, itcould have happened. It would never happen today. The Seahawks control that market. Sorry to burst your bubble.

If its just about TV markets then pull out one team from Florida and move to Alabama as well as taking a New York team to Oregon

Florida's a big state though to be fair. That'd be like saying - move 3 out of the Giants, Jets, Eagles, and Bills because they're all in an area the size of florida. And move one of the Redskins/Ravens as well.

Tampa, Miami, and Jacksonville are all indisputably separate metropolitan areas - East Rutherford and.... East Rutherford are not.

Florida's a big state though to be fair. That'd be like saying - move 3 out of the Giants, Jets, Eagles, and Bills because they're all in an area the size of florida. And move one of the Redskins/Ravens as well.

Tampa, Miami, and Jacksonville are all indisputably separate metropolitan areas - East Rutherford and.... East Rutherford are not.

But area of land means nothing, more space doesn't equal more people otherwise you should move a team to Montana as its huge with no teams around and not worry about the fact nobody lives there.

Edited by Dolphin_Akie

But area of land means nothing, more space doesn't equal more people otherwise you should move a team to Montana as its huge with no teams around and not worry about the fact nobody lives there.

That's not the point, the point is that Tampa, Miami, and Jacksonville are separate, distinct markets. In fact, all three of those cities are further away from each other than NY and Philly, or Baltimore and DC.

I'm not even still arguing my original point, honestly, I'm just saying that the point I was making was not the same as "pull out one of the Florida teams and stick it in Montana (as there's effectively no market in Montana compared to places like Portland, San Antonio, or Toronto).

For reference it'd be like if you you had two teams in London, two teams in Manchester, and one team each in Leeds, Liverpool, and Sheffield. Why not put one of London's teams in Bristol and one of Manchester's in Birmingham? (OK maybe not a perfect analogy but you see what I mean - I wasn't saying there should be a team in Carlisle)

Edited by pun