[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cards/Packers Game Thread...

irish

So....I think it's safe to say that the Green Bay Packers might be the biggest underachievers over the past 5 or 6 years. Yes I know they won Super Bowl 45, but since then, they have very little to show in the postseason despite being Super Bowl favorites nearly every year.

Yeah it's not like Nelson was a huge part of their team.

Besides not everyone can be the Cheatriots*

• Like 1

Yeah it's not like Nelson was a huge part of their team.

Besides not everyone can be the Cheatriots*

True, they were short handed this year without Nelson. But good teams find ways to win.

But even if they had Nelson, I'm sure they would have still found a way to blow it. I found it funny that over the past 5 years, the Packers were ranked #1 in Points Forced twice (with Nelson as the top WR) and still fell short.

Edited by footballmike93079

So....I think it's safe to say that the Green Bay Packers might be the biggest underachievers over the past 5 or 6 years. Yes I know they won Super Bowl 45, but since then, they have very little to show in the postseason despite being Super Bowl favorites nearly every year.

I think its safe to say your not even close

• Like 3

True, they were short handed this year without Nelson. But good teams find ways to win.

But even if they had Nelson, I'm sure they would have still found a way to blow it. I found it funny that over the past 5 years, the Packers were ranked #1 in Points Forced twice (with Nelson as the top WR) and still fell short.

But the DID find a way to win. They made the playoffs with Jordy out all year, Cobb having a down year and having to rely oN James Jones and lesser WR. they held it together, made the playoffs,m won a game and almost pulled off an upset tonight against a team that was at full health and at home.

I think its safe to say your not even close

What do they have to show tho in the past 5 years? All I see is embarrassing collapse against the Hawks in the Conference Championship game (despite having the top offense in the league), an embarrassing early exit in 2011 (despite going 15-1) and getting flat out beat at San Fran in 2013.

The Packers are always preseason favorites and usually do extremely well in the regular season. But they rarely come around in the postseason.

Sigh...not trying to "troll" anyone. I just thought it was an interesting point because when I think about the Packers as of late, I think of amazing regular seasons but disappointing/shocking playoff losses. Please tell me, am I wrong to think this? I'm just trying to have an innocent conversation.

But hey, I know how it is. If someone doesn't agree with you guys, then they are wrong. I'm not part of your clique.

Last Five Super Bowl Winners

Patriots

Seahawks

Ravens

Giants

Packers

Packers record the past five years:

2010 - Won Super Bowl

2011 - 15-1. Lost to Giants in Divisional Playoffs

2012 - 11-5. Won wild card and lost divisional playoffs

2013 - 8-7-1. Lost in Wild Card

2014 - 12-4. Won divisonal playoff. Lost confernece playoff

2015 - 10-6. Won Wild Card. Lost in divisional playoff

Made the playoffs each of the past five years since they won the Super Bowl. Won a playoff game each year except one.

Your standards for a professional team must be very very high.

Last Five Super Bowl Winners

Patriots

Seahawks

Ravens

Giants

Packers

Packers record the past five years:

2010 - Won Super Bowl

2011 - 15-1. Lost to Giants in Divisional Playoffs

2012 - 11-5. Won wild card and lost divisional playoffs

2013 - 8-7-1. Lost in Wild Card

2014 - 12-4. Won divisonal playoff. Lost confernece playoff

2015 - 10-6. Won Wild Card. Lost in divisional playoff

Made the playoffs each of the past five years since they won the Super Bowl. Won a playoff game each year except one.

Your standards for a professional team must be very very high.

The Packers are Super Bowl favorites (or predicted NFC representatives) nearly every year. So yes....their standards and my expectations for them are very very high.

But you proved what I just said...the Packers had great regular seasons but disappointing playoff losses. And for most of those losses, they were embarrassing losses. If it is ok for an elite QB like Rodgers (considered the best QB in the league at times) to come up short in the playoffs on a consistent basis then why did Peyton get such a bad reputation for his lack of SBs during his time in Indy?

So....I'm glad I remembered to DVR this before I ran off to work. :lol:

Ho. Ly. Balls. Absolutely unbelievable.

Kind of rooting for the Cards to go all the way at this point, since it looks like all the options from the AFC will suck ass.

• Like 2