[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Having Fantasy Football withdrawals. HELP!

BIGDAWGS2

So I'm like a lot of FF people I put countless hours of preparation in my craft. I've honed it into a fine skill over the years. I get a high when I've chosen the right player combination and win. Now it's gone and I can't find a way to let go. I hate basketball,hockey,soccer and don't play fantasy baseball. How does the others cope?

Wife convinced me to check out the Walking Dead... was never interested, but gave it a shot. Wow. We've been binge-watching since the holidays starting with the pilot. First half of the current season is DVR'd and waiting. It's been a good fix with no FF activity.

• Like 1

Wife convinced me to check out the Walking Dead... was never interested, but gave it a shot. Wow. We've been binge-watching since the holidays starting with the pilot. First half of the current season is DVR'd and waiting. It's been a good fix with no FF activity.

My favorite show!

• Like 1

I started watching on a weekly basis maybe 2ish seasons ago and ended up binge watching the first few seasons... until I felt like I was definitely watching something I remember watching in its entirety. That was a good move. :)

TWD is the best

Dynasty leagues... They require your attention/participation year-round. Careful, though... they can be a time-sucker.

Playoff leagues/contests... At least for he month of January.

Fantasy golf (or baseball, basketball, etc.... Pick your poison)... I used to do them all, but I actually found that I needed the break after football. I still do a golf league (it requires very little of my time... just submit a lineup weekly), but haven't done baseball or hoops in a few years.

Golf... I don't play nearly as much as I would like (mainly due to having 3 small kids), but it's something to do, when I have the chance, and the seasons (golf and FF) offset each other pretty nicely.

TV... I don't watch a ton, but I do try to find time to keep up with a few shows... Mostly Netflix and/or Showtime stuff.

I know you said you don't like basketball but here is what I've done for about the last 5 years now. I got into this thing my buddy does called the NCAA tournament draft. The first year I did it I didn't care about basketball either. Now if I had to chose between Fantasy Football and this Tourney draft I would choose the Tourney draft because it's that much fun. Here is how it works

We have 10 guys, and each guys gets 100 pts. a 1 seed costs 52pts, 2 seed is 44pts, 3 seed is 36pts, and on down the line to a 16 seed costing only 1 pt. It works out so that between the 1,000 pts total there is enough pts exactly for every team to be drafted if it happens to work out that way. We do a snake draft and guys draft teams based on who they think will win the most games and who will win it all. Every win one of your teams gets is a point. The guy who's teams win the most total games get's half the pot and the team who has the championship team gets half the pot.

Now I know the NCAA Tournament only lasts a few weeks where Fantasy football season is over 4 months but the fun and intensity of the 1st four days of the tournament is more fun than I have over the course of a fantasy football season. Non stop games, tons of upsets and down to the wire games, it just can't be beat.

So I guess what I am saying is after football is over I turn my focus to the NCAA basketball world to get ready for my Tourney draft

Edited by Finn5033

There is also Fear TWD now. Good 1st season.