[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sam Bradford , you crazy guy

isleseeya

not funny :moon:

Well he was Chip Kelly's hand selected guy to run his offense, prefferred over the Foles/Sanchez combo that did pretty well for him in 2014.

Or maybe he'll take Johnny off our hands and turn him around. There's rumors that Hue Jackson might want Kaep here, so we'd be swapping headaches.

ESPN's Jim Trotter reports impending free agent Sam Bradford asked the Eagles for $25 million per year on a new contract earlier this season.

:fool::fool::fool::fool::fool::fool::fool:

:okay::jump::lol::woot:

I don't even know if I'd offer him 1/2 that.

Edited by Trojanmojo

Bradford isn't close to the QB that Dalton is

mehh, we disagree. Dalton isn't special, Flacco isn't special and Bradford isn't special. The going rate for starting caliber QBs is $18 mil+ and there are enough GMs in the league that do believe Bradford is on par with those guys.

I'm not totally sold either but I did watch every Eagles game and at times he looked good. In the past he has looked good. In the correct system and some stability on offense and actual NFL WRs he is as good as Dalton, maybe better. You can disagree, I'm not sold one way or the other as I think I need to see another year off him coming off the knee injuries to really tell. Give him AJ Green and Eifert to throw to and it helps a lot too

But I am confident that the going rate for a QB that a GM thinks can start is $18 mil. Bradford will get that, Tannehill will get that, Teddy Bridgewater will likely get too. Krapenick will end up over-paid this off-season too. It is the way it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

2 years- $36 million. My math says $18 per.....

Eagles re-signed QB Sam Bradford to a two-year, $36 million contract.
Another $4 million is available through incentives. The deal includes a whopping $26 million guaranteed, but we wouldn't be surprised if that number is overshooting the true guarantees a little bit. Bradford's signing coupled with Kirk Cousins being franchise tagged leaves Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brock Osweiler as this year's only semi-viable free agent quarterbacks. Bradford was largely the same player he's always been in his first year as an Eagle, lacking for consistency and missing time with injury. He posted a 7.0 YPA to go along with a 19:14 TD:INT ratio across 14 starts. Going on 29, we're not expecting the "next step" from the Oklahoma product in 2016. His deal is a reflection of thin the quarterback pool is, not his talent.

2 years- $36 million. My math says $18 per.....

Eagles re-signed QB Sam Bradford to a two-year, $36 million contract.
Another $4 million is available through incentives. The deal includes a whopping $26 million guaranteed, but we wouldn't be surprised if that number is overshooting the true guarantees a little bit. Bradford's signing coupled with Kirk Cousins being franchise tagged leaves Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brock Osweiler as this year's only semi-viable free agent quarterbacks. Bradford was largely the same player he's always been in his first year as an Eagle, lacking for consistency and missing time with injury. He posted a 7.0 YPA to go along with a 19:14 TD:INT ratio across 14 starts. Going on 29, we're not expecting the "next step" from the Oklahoma product in 2016. His deal is a reflection of thin the quarterback pool is, not his talent.

Definitely this.

mehh, we disagree. Dalton isn't special, Flacco isn't special and Bradford isn't special. The going rate for starting caliber QBs is $18 mil+ and there are enough GMs in the league that do believe Bradford is on par with those guys.

I'm not totally sold either but I did watch every Eagles game and at times he looked good. In the past he has looked good. In the correct system and some stability on offense and actual NFL WRs he is as good as Dalton, maybe better. You can disagree, I'm not sold one way or the other as I think I need to see another year off him coming off the knee injuries to really tell. Give him AJ Green and Eifert to throw to and it helps a lot too

But I am confident that the going rate for a QB that a GM thinks can start is $18 mil. Bradford will get that, Tannehill will get that, Teddy Bridgewater will likely get too. Krapenick will end up over-paid this off-season too. It is the way it.

I know this is from a while back but you can't seriously be lumping Bradford in with Dalton and Flacco? I'll say again Bradford has never done anything to prove he is anywhere near those 2 as a starting QB. I'm not saying Dalton and Flacco are special but they are way more proven than Bradford.

Now if you are just talking about contracts I can agree that Dalton and Flacco make way too much money, and I see that Bradford resigned for way too much money. I don't know what these teams are thinking but I guess that is the going rate these days for a starting QB. Personally I think the Eagles are nuts paying him that much

Edited by Finn5033

I know this is from a while back but you can't seriously be lumping Bradford in with Dalton and Flacco? I'll say again Bradford has never done anything to prove he is anywhere near those 2 as a starting QB. I'm not saying Dalton and Flacco are special but they are way more proven than Bradford.

Now if you are just talking about contracts I can agree that Dalton and Flacco make way too much money, and I see that Bradford resigned for way too much money. I don't know what these teams are thinking but I guess that is the going rate these days for a starting QB. Personally I think the Eagles are nuts paying him that much

I was lumping them in as guys who are overpaid at the QB position. I also named Kaepernick, Tannehill and Bridgewater. Sanchez got overpaid by the Jets, Fitzpatrick had a hugh contract in 2011, Foles got paid. Carson Palmer got money and literally $h!t on the Raiders. Many QBs are overpaid based on potential. That was my point.

Just wait to see how offended you get when you see how much Osweiler and Cousins sign for. Supply and demand drives the price.

• Like 2

I was lumping them in as guys who are overpaid at the QB position. I also named Kaepernick, Tannehill and Bridgewater. Sanchez got overpaid by the Jets, Fitzpatrick had a hugh contract in 2011, Foles got paid. Carson Palmer got money and literally $h!t on the Raiders. Many QBs are overpaid based on potential. That was my point.

Just wait to see how offended you get when you see how much Osweiler and Cousins sign for. Supply and demand drives the price.

It really is crazy, and just keeps getting crazier.