[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How high do you draft Cam Newton?

michaelredd9

If I can pair him w/ K Benjamin, might not be a bad thing to pull the 3rd/4th round trigger on those 2...big maybe right now, though

IMO, he's not even in the top 3 QBs. If he's around in the 6th round I'll take him. He had a great season, no doubt, but he's a rushing QB which always scares me. I'll be looking for the next QB to have a Cam Newton like season next year. LQQking at you Russell Wilson, especially if Lynch is gone.

IMO, he's not even in the top 3 QBs. If he's around in the 6th round I'll take him. He had a great season, no doubt, but he's a rushing QB which always scares me. I'll be looking for the next QB to have a Cam Newton like season next year. LQQking at you Russell Wilson, especially if Lynch is gone.

Since coming into the league Cam's total point QB rankings(per: http://www.pro-football-reference.com)have been as follows: 3,4,3,17,1. You're free to rank players as you see fit, I just don't see how you don't have Cam in the top 3. Minus 1 bad year where he missed 2 games and was hurt for a large portion of the year he's been a top 4 QB.

With that said, I agree with most people here, in saying I won't get him unless he slips as he will probably be overdrafted. This year alone guys like Blake Bortles and Carson Palmer were top 5 guys while the top 2 QB's Luck and Rodgers were disappointments.

Edited by willswear3
  • Like 2

It depends on your scoring. In my main league, this is how he finished amongst QBs.

2011- #5

2012- #7

2013-#6

2014-#17

2015 -#1

I like the kid as one of the top QBs, besides the fact he tried to bang my sister. I'm just cautious when it comes to his style of playing. I will still choose Rodgers, Brady, and before this past season, Luck over him.

Why spend a high pick on Cam when you can have Brady, Wilson, Bortles or Brees? You could probably even be a little sneaky and take Rodgers later than he should be valued. Taking a QB early is just bad business IMO. There's just not that much drop off between them. I say let someone else overpay and be thin at WR or RB.

Edited by rajncajn

He'll go early (1st or 2nd rounds) in a few of my drafts as I know how my leaguemates tend to value players. I'll miss out in those leagues but if he's there in the 3rd, I'll take him

From a fantasy perspective (unless you start 2 QBs) he just is not very valuable. I would not draft him unless he slips to the 6th round. If he doesn't, I am going to do what I always do and fill the rest of my starting lineup and grab a guy late that has potential for top 10 numbers (Eli Manning, Andy Dalton, Blake Bortles)

He'll go way to early for me. If he's still there in the 6th when I generally start to consider taking a QB, I may but doubtful with other talent at a better ADP.

He will likely go in the 1st round, 2nd at the latest in my redrafts. Top 5 for sure. I won't even be surprised if a lot of rankings have him at 1 or 2. Poor season by Rodgers and Luck, he's a lock for top 3, add Wilson and he is top 4 easy.