[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gonna be an ugly Super Bowl.

irish

I hope people keep saying we have no chance and how we are going to get blown up like we did against Seattle. Because we hear it every week, and every week it makes the win SO MUCH sweeter. Denver 26-21.

Note: just saw that Elway chose the away unis for SB50...not a fan of that decision.

Anything but the orange jerseys...

• Like 1

How is hard to root for Cam Newton?

I'll go out on a limb and say because people don't like him, just like some don't like Brady, Ben, Peyton, Sherman, Lynch, and any other number of players. The reasons really don't matter, its not something you can change or have rational discussion on most times.

I personally don't like all the over celebration, after a while it just looks staged and more about the player being the focus than the team. After every first down it gets old, no matter who does it. I do like the practice he has of giving the TD ball to kids in the stand.

Worse than Cam though are the guys on defense who celebrate a tackle, that gave up a first down or other big play.

There are plenty of players who do there little look at me after first downs and TDs why is Cam the only one hated for it? Guys like Antonio Brown do all the antics as well and he was just playing in the playoffs a few weeks ago but nobody hated on him. Just don't get how some guys in all sports not just football get hung for things more so than anyone else doing the same exact thing. Just Curious

• Like 1

There are plenty of players who do there little look at me after first downs and TDs why is Cam the only one hated for it? Guys like Antonio Brown do all the antics as well and he was just playing in the playoffs a few weeks ago but nobody hated on him. Just don't get how some guys in all sports not just football get hung for things more so than anyone else doing the same exact thing. Just Curious

Seriously. We bitch and moan about the NFL being the "No Fun League", and the guy maybe takes things a hair too far in having some fun and we blast him.

This is what the media does - and by and large us message board dorks too.... we love it when a guy who was initially thought of as a potential bust rises above... we build him up to be this awesome player.... only to try and knock him down when he gets too high.

Bunch of hypocrites. If you don't like it, don't watch. If you don't want a guy to have some fun, stop complaining when the NFL puts the smack down on guys having fun.

• Like 3

Meh...sorry I see it differently. Celebrating every 1st down you make comes off to me as conceit, not excitement. To quote Vince, "act like you've been there before." The TD portion doesn't bother me.

:shrug: Maybe I haven't been watching close enough. Does the dude really celebrate every first down? If so, yeah, that's excessive.

I was under the impression that folks/the media were pounding on him for the TD celebrations.

Edited by darin3

:shrug: Maybe I haven't been watching close enough. Does the dude really celebrate every first down? If so, yeah, that's excessive.

I was under the impression that folks/the media were pounding on him for the TD celebrations.

He typically celebrates first downs when he runs for them. I know Le'veon Bell and Antonio Brown both also do it(among many others, they're just both high level players that come to mind) and nobody says anything as Sunday Couch Potatoe mentioned.

I'm no Cam hater, but I certainly haven't noticed anyone go through a scripted celebration on every first down like he does.

Guess I need to pay more attention. :kicksrock:

I thought all the hubbub was over the TD celebrations.

In that case.... c'mon man.

I'm sure all of you who dislike Cam Newton have watched every game he has played and I'm sure you have seen every first down he has got he has done a celebration. :rofl:

Cam makes the game fun and seems to truly enjoy the game and doesn't do it in a disrespectful way or shows up players. Seems like a young adult who is having the time of his life out there, knowing he is getting paid millions of dollars to play a GAME. But let's be critical of this man, while we have other players who breaks the law constantly and isn't hated on as much as this guy.

BTW you can tell his team doesn't mind anything he does and I think that is very telling. They all join in on his fun and remember that is the reason everyone starts playing this game....is to have fun and for others to enjoy.

I'm sure all of you who dislike Cam Newton have watched every game he has played and I'm sure you have seen every first down he has got he has done a celebration. :rofl:

Cam makes the game fun and seems to truly enjoy the game and doesn't do it in a disrespectful way or shows up players. Seems like a young adult who is having the time of his life out there, knowing he is getting paid millions of dollars to play a GAME. But let's be critical of this man, while we have other players who breaks the law constantly and isn't hated on as much as this guy.

BTW you can tell his team doesn't mind anything he does and I think that is very telling. They all join in on his fun and remember that is the reason everyone starts playing this game....is to have fun and for others to enjoy.

Supposedly Ron Rivera said "nothing" during halftime of the game last week against the Cards. He said that he let Cam do all the talking. This team follows its QB 100% and something should be said about that.

I'm on the fence here. Obviously if the guy's celebrating EVERY first down, regardless of situation, that's overkill. If he's celebrating big first downs along with TDs, I'm not sure I see the problem.

I get the whole "act like you've been there" thing, but it's hypocritical to bang on the NFL for being stodgy curmudgeons that want to see no celebrating and then bitch when a guy is having some fun.

Not TOO much fun, right guys? :rolleyes:

now that Cam has made a SB, let's not pretend he's not had any run ins with the law.

Admittedly, none recent that I know of

I believe the only thing that there was an issue was with his eligibility at Auburn and there was a huge investigation, but nothing came from the investigation if I remember properly.

I believe the only thing that there was an issue was with his eligibility at Auburn and there was a huge investigation, but nothing came from the investigation if I remember properly.

Listen, the guy rubs me the wrong way. He's a hell of a talent, I just dont like the way he acts after plays. It is what it is :shrug:

There's more to Cams history than what you're remembering fwiw

Listen, the guy rubs me the wrong way. He's a hell of a talent, I just dont like the way he acts after plays. It is what it is :shrug:

There's more to Cams history than what you're remembering fwiw

Absolutely, you are 100% to have your opinion and don't mean to diminish that. Just have heard alot lately about him and alot of negative things being said about him, when there seems to be alot worse people playing in the NFL.

I mean I saw an article that there is a petition being signed by seattle fans to ban Cam Newton from their stadium because he is classless. Talk about kettle calling pot black.

The investigation was a joke. Everyone knew his dad was selling him to the highest bidder. He even said himself that it would take more than just a scholarship to get him. But the NCAA didn't want their Heisman trophy winner and national champion drug through the mud. In the end the NCAA claimed they could never track any money going directly to his family.

People also seem to forget the whole reason he ended up at Auburn as well. He was caught cheating several times at Florida and even took another students paper and turned it in with his name on it. When he was caught he tried to turn in another paper that he bought off the internet. I think the final straw was when he was busted for buying a stolen laptop.

It also cracks me up how much he is applauded for supposedly becoming a great leader and maturing. Yeah, not real hard when they're winning every game. Just look back to the loss to Atlanta this year. Where was Newton when the Falcon were beating them? Just where he always is, sitting off by himself in his towel hoodie staring at the ground. And after the game did he man up and go congratulate the other team? I suppose, if you want to call giving Matt Ryan a quick nudge in his back shoulder, mumbling something quickly and then sprinting off the field manning up. I've also talked about the taunting in another thread as well as ripping jerseys and signs out of fans hands on the sidelines.

Maybe he is just having fun out there. I just see it as classless, immature and setting a poor example from someone who is supposed to be a leader and supposedly the new face of the league.

• Like 1

The investigation was a joke. Everyone knew his dad was selling him to the highest bidder. He even said himself that it would take more than just a scholarship to get him. But the NCAA didn't want their Heisman trophy winner and national champion drug through the mud. In the end the NCAA claimed they could never track any money going directly to his family.

People also seem to forget the whole reason he ended up at Auburn as well. He was caught cheating several times at Florida and even took another students paper and turned it in with his name on it. When he was caught he tried to turn in another paper that he bought off the internet. I think the final straw was when he was busted for buying a stolen laptop.

It also cracks me up how much he is applauded for supposedly becoming a great leader and maturing. Yeah, not real hard when they're winning every game. Just look back to the loss to Atlanta this year. Where was Newton when the Falcon were beating them? Just where he always is, sitting off by himself in his towel hoodie staring at the ground. And after the game did he man up and go congratulate the other team? I suppose, if you want to call giving Matt Ryan a quick nudge in his back shoulder, mumbling something quickly and then sprinting off the field manning up. I've also talked about the taunting in another thread as well as ripping jerseys and signs out of fans hands on the sidelines.

Maybe he is just having fun out there. I just see it as classless, immature and setting a poor example from someone who is supposed to be a leader and supposedly the new face of the league.

:)