[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gonna be an ugly Super Bowl.

irish

The Panthers are gonna whoop the Broncos! They're gonna kill Manning and the Broncos won't be able to stop Newton.

Edited by irish
  • Like 2

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

I think you're right!

The Bronco's best chance is to play ball possession, which they do pretty well. They need to play really slowwwwwwwwwww.... to keep the game close. The Panthers are really scary.

Edited by Shaft

They will contain Cam and make him stay in the pocket. He still can beat them but, not with his legs. Peyton will try and get with Sanders and move Thomas around away from Norman. I see a 27-23 score with either one winning.

There were many time Brady could have escaped and ran the ball, but he gets tunnel vision at times. Newton showed just how badly he wants it tonight, he's gonna be a beast on the biggest stage.

Saw A lot of this type of talk about the patriots too

Very true, just my 2 cents though. Creating good conversation.

As a Bronco fan, I'm not worried about the Panthers D. I think we can run on them, and our D will stuff Cam. They were determined to beat Brady, and did, and, sorry Potatoe, it won't be a repeat of Super Bowl 48. Go Broncos! Sorry haters!

• Like 2

The Broncos D will keep them in it and the Panthers pass D has had issues at times but its whether Peyton can exploit.

It does have the potential to go the way of Super Bowl XLVIII for the Broncos.

My thoughts as well. Palmer had a lot of opportunities and couldn't connect. He also made several bone-headed mistakes at really bad times. I believe the Panthers D can be exploited, but only if Manning and his offensive line play well. I also believe the Denver D matches up well against Carolina, but the factor of Newton running could be a serious problem.

If the Broncos hadn't continued to prove me wrong I would say those of you calling for a blow out would be right, but at this point I have to give the Broncos their credit. They have found a winning formula and as ugly as it looks sometimes, they have repeatedly had just a couple more points than their opponent when that clock hits zero.

To say that the Bronco D is going to contain Cam is a little of an overstep. He is going to find some seams in the pocket and break off some decent runs. It is not a matter of if, its more of a matter of when and how many. If the Broncos can keep him from ripping off any really big ones and he doesn't break their back with multiple big third down conversions with his legs I think they would be very happy.

More than anything this weekend, the Broncos proved to me that they can still score touchdowns. Something I thought they had forgotten how to do because it seemed every time they got in the redzone their offense stalled and they had to settle for field goals. That will have to continue in the Super Bowl for them to have a chance. Cam and Co. are going to score some points, I don't care how good the Bronco defense is. It will be up to the Denver offense to keep them in the game enough that the defense can make some big, winning plays down the stretch.

• Like 1

The only thing that worries me about Carolina is Cam Newtons running ability. The only mobile QBs we faced this year were Teddy Bridgewater and Alex Smith (neither with the ability of Cam) and while they didnt light us up on the ground, I recall our defense giving up some big first downs in key situations. But as far as the offense overall I'm not worried. Our d-line has been excellent at stuffing the run this year and honestly if our secondary can line up with Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, and White I think they can match up with Olsen, Ginn, Brown, and Stewart.

As a Bronco fan, I'm not worried about the Panthers D. I think we can run on them, and our D will stuff Cam. They were determined to beat Brady, and did, and, sorry Potatoe, it won't be a repeat of Super Bowl 48. Go Broncos! Sorry haters!

Agree with this. Carolina receivers are nothing special , Denver should shut them down easily and be able to concentrate on Cam's mobility. Denver did not have this defense when they played Seattle.

By now people should understand that Denver's D is legit. This Denver team is nothing like the team that got stomped by the Seahawks 2 years ago, their defense will keep them in it. Carolina is legit as well, I actually think it's going to be a very close hard fought game. Looking forward to it.

Agree with this. Carolina receivers are nothing special , Denver should shut them down easily and be able to concentrate on Cam's mobility. Denver did not have this defense when they played Seattle.

That's what people thought about the Seattle WRS a couple years ago. Wilson put them to good use. Enter Cam and his ragtag bunch. Championship!

3.5 point favorite doesn't scream ugly to me

These wild/bold predictions are always made to generation discussion.

I don't see a blowout, and I didn't see many predicting that CAR would blowout AZ before this. As somebody else mentioned many were saying the Broncos had no chance against the Pats, or even the Steelers (before we knew ABrown was out).

This is still the NFL, any team can beat any other team, even an 0-16 vs. a 15-0, certainly the two teams in the SB are close enough that the odd bouncing ball can send the result in either direction.

Yes Carolina has rolled SEA and AZ, both good teams. Yes they were 15-1 this season, and have a very good team. But they're not playing the little sister's of the poor, they're playing a great defense and an offense led by Peyton Manning with some very good weapons. I'll say Panthers by 5, total score around 50.