[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Better Career...Marshawn Lynch or Calvin Johnson?

Shaft

Who had the better career?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Beast Mode vs. Megatron

• Marshawn Lynch
    • Calvin Johnson

We will potentially lose two fantasy studs next year (I'm referencing their careers). But when I started to think about who had the better career, I couldn't come to a conclusive decision. From a fantasy perspective, I think it's Megatron, but from an overall career perspective.............I just don't know.

Who do you think had the better career?

ETA:

Touchdowns Megatron: 84 Lynch: 83

Yards from scrimmage Megatron: 11,786 Lynch: 11,091

Playoff games/wins: Megatron 2/0 Lynch: 11/6

Rings: Megatron - 0 Lynch-1

Edited by Shaft

Gotta say Calvin and I don't even think its close. Calvin was a consistent game changer while Marshawn wasn't much until later years in Seattle.

Later years? He went to Seattle during his 4th year in the league. I wouldn't consider that later. Did Megatron ever win a playoff game? I mean Lynch was a carry away from a second consecutive Superbowl championship. And a for a period of 5 years he was the main offensive threat on a team that went from bad to great.

Better career? Stats? Championships? What? I'd rather have the ring..

That's why I left it as career. People measure careers differently. Stats? That's an easy decision..... Megatron. But if you combine stats with winning, Lynch might have had the better career. It's in the eye of the beholder, which I why posed the question.

Better career? Stats? Championships? What? I'd rather have the ring..

Yep probably should of read it more carefully. I thought better player when reading the title and should of taken it more literally. My bad. In that case this is mute because Lynch has a ring and Calvin won nothing but manurety ankles. Its too bad Calvin did not have the same opportunities Marshawn did, cause I truly think he's a better person and player.

Yep probably should of read it more carefully. I thought better player when reading the title and should of taken it more literally. My bad. In that case this is mute because Lynch has a ring and Calvin won nothing but tacoty ankles. Its too bad Calvin did not have the same opportunities Marshawn did, cause I truly think he's a better person and player.

Yeah, I think a lot of people will naturally think about the better player, in which I don't think there is a debate. But when I started thinking about career, I wasn't sold so easily. I think people, including myself, find reasons to rank a player higher when they like them.

Calvin as he was generally elite throughout his career even with some scrubs throwing him the ball. One season under 1,000 yards in his career.

Lynch had some struggles in the middle of his career, although that run in the playoffs against the Saints is still one of my favourites.

• Like 1

While Calvin may not have a ring, he'll have a bust. I take the bust all day.

I have serious doubts if he will make it. His numbers don't compare to any of the greats. He had a great 8 year run. But good stats, with no wins, in a pass inflated era hurts his chances.

While Calvin may not have a ring, he'll have a bust. I take the bust all day.

agree

And he will get in, the media loves him.

He was the most dominate WR for multiple years. Lynch was a top 5-10 back for a couple. From an individual standpoint CJ was by far the better career, from team based accomplishments Lynch was better due to the ring and general playoff success. Though I wouldn't have even considered this discussion if you hadn't started it.

Something ironic here thought. I joined a Dynasty league their rookie year and had the 3rd pick. I desperately tried to trade up to either 1 or 2 to take Lynch or AP as I wanted no part of the soon to be 3rd WR bust for the Lions.

It really is interesting how we often use rings to define the "greatest of all time" at the quarterback position but not anywhere else.

A great quarterback can put an average team on his back and win a Super Bowl single handedly. Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Peyton Manning all won rings without dominant defenses. No other position can have that impact.

• Like 1

A great quarterback can put an average team on his back and win a Super Bowl single handedly. Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Peyton Manning all won rings without dominant defenses. No other position can have that impact.

Yeah, but you can't ignore the power of coaching and other offensive weapons outside of the QB.

Yeah, but you can't ignore the power of coaching and other offensive weapons outside of the QB.

The offenses of the 4 quarterbacks I mentioned weren't anything special other than the quarterback position. Probably all four teams spent more money on their defenses. Brees and Brady did have the benefit of brilliant coaching

I think it's Calvin due to his consistency for an 8 or 9 year period. Lynch has the run against NO and a few really good years, but Calvin did it for longer.

For 3 years, 2011-2013, Megatron was the most dominant receiver in the league, no question. But I can't say he did it longer. The rest of his years were solid.

Megatron has 84 TDs. Lynch has 83 TDs.

Yards from scrimmage.......Megatron: 11,786 Lynch: 11,091

Playoff games/wins: Megatron 2/0 Lynch: 11/6

Rings: Megatron - 0 Lynch-1

And Lynch went to the playoffs before Wilson got to Seattle

I just don't think it's as one-sided as people make it to be.