[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2016...who are in your top 10 and the order?

Shaft

We'll just say standard league, no ppr. It can be standard or ppr, just let us know.

Mine (standard):

1. A. Brown

2. OBJ

3. J. Jones

4. Gurley

5. D. Johnson

6. Peterson

7. D. Freeman

8. Hopkins

9. Bell

10. Gronkowski

Do I have D. Johnson too high? Bell too low? Should someone else be in this top 10? A. Robinson?

Edited by Shaft

1. Antonio Brown

2. Julio Jones

3. Adrian Peterson

4. DeAndre Hopkins

5. leVeon Bell

6. Cam Newton

7. Todd Gurley

8. Odell Beckham Jr.

9. Rob Gronkowski

10. Demeryius Thomas

That's a hard list to make. Feel like there's like 20 guys tied for 10th. And no my homer status isn't the reason DT is on there, I think he'll have a revival under Osweiler.

1. Antonio Brown

2. Julio Jones

3. Adrian Peterson

4. DeAndre Hopkins

5. leVeon Bell

6. Cam Newton

7. Todd Gurley

8. Odell Beckham Jr.

9. Rob Gronkowski

10. Demeryius Thomas

That's a hard list to make. Feel like there's like 20 guys tied for 10th. And no my homer status isn't the reason DT is on there, I think he'll have a revival under Osweiler.

DT's a borderline top 10 WR, let alone top 10 overall. I think your homer goggles are in fact clouding your vision.

Manning to Thomas in 2015 (Average over 8 games): 8 catches a game; 12 targets a game; 93 yards a game; .1 TD a game

Osweiller to Thomas in 2015 (Average over 8 games): 5 catches a game; 10 targets a game; 69 yards a game; .5 TD a game

Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 2

DT's a borderline top 10 WR, let alone top 10 overall. I think your homer goggles are in fact clouding your vision.

Manning to Thomas in 2015 (Average over 8 games): 8 catches a game; 12 targets a game; 93 yards a game; .1 TD a game

Osweiller to Thomas in 2015 (Average over 8 games): 5 catches a game; 10 targets a game; 69 yards a game; .5 TD a game

Dividing up averages from a receivers worst statistical season doesn't really tell the whole story. I think it's no coincidence that DTs worst year was also Manning worst and Sanders best. For 3 years DT was one of the most productive WRs in the NFL. He'll have an entire off-season to work with Brock. I feel like it's actually pretty reasonable to say he'll have a bounce back year.

However you've had a bug about Osweiler since I got on this site so it doesnt really suprise me that you try to shrug my prediction off as homer vision. Oh well.

• Like 2

Everyone thinks Marshall can keep this up? He reminds me of Curtis Martin, but for wide receivers.

Tied for 5th in receptions and 5th in targets last year. 4th in yardage. Tied for 1st in TDs.

Do we see the Jet offense changing much? Probably not. If anything, losing Chris Ivory may make them rely on the pass even more.

Yeah he'll be 32 when the season starts but the guy keeps himself in terrific shape and seemed to bounce back from minor injuries extremely fast. Heck, sometimes during a game.

Tied for 5th in receptions and 5th in targets last year. 4th in yardage. Tied for 1st in TDs.

Do we see the Jet offense changing much? Probably not. If anything, losing Chris Ivory may make them rely on the pass even more.

Yeah he'll be 32 when the season starts but the guy keeps himself in terrific shape and seemed to bounce back from minor injuries extremely fast. Heck, sometimes during a game.

And he usually doesn't piss off his coaches and teammates till his 3rd year with a team.

• Like 3

Bell

Brown

OBJ

Julio

Peterson

Marshall

Hopkins

Doug Martin

Gurley

Newton

I have been on board with just about everything so far, but unless this is a 16 team league or 2-QB league, there is no way Cam Newton should be picked in the top 10.

Edited by jkraft896
  • Like 1

I have been on board with just about everything so far, but unless this is a 16 team league or 2-QB league, there is no way Cam Newton should be picked in the top 10.

1. Antonio Brown

2. Julio Jones

3. Adrian Peterson

4. DeAndre Hopkins

5. leVeon Bell

6. Cam Newton

7. Todd Gurley

8. Odell Beckham Jr.

9. Rob Gronkowski

10. Demeryius Thomas

I wish some of my league mates felt similarly about Freeman as a few of you; I can't sniff a decent return on him anymore

*rock kicking emoji*

I wish some of my league mates felt similarly about Freeman as a few of you; I can't sniff a decent return on him anymore

*rock kicking emoji*

I was a Telvin Coleman fan when he was coming out of Indiana. He's got a great size/speed combo and has a knack for the big play. But his pass-catching and pass-blocking was said to be raw and it was pretty apparent that was the case. In fact, he had more fumbles lost (3) than receptions (2) last year.

That said, I think Freeman's detractors think he's "too small" to carry a full load.... which may actually be true, but in this day and age where the workhorse back is basically a unicorn, you actually want your pass-catching backs like Freeman to have a big banger like Coleman to do all the dirty work. Does that mean Coleman will vulture the short-yardage TDs? Maybe, but dude only had 1 TD last year.

I think the same people that are down on Freeman are inexplicably too high on Coleman.

Yes, dude is 5'8", but he's a fire hydrant at 208 lbs. The guy had 73 catches in 15 games. Over 1,000 yards rushing. 14 total TDs. Could the TDs come down? Sure. IMO the catches aren't going anywhere. In fact, they could even go up if the Falcons fail to find a solid TE.

And for full exposure, yes I own Freeman and am super high on the guy. I love the easy schedule, love the offense, love the smart QB in front of him who will use his weapons to the best of their abilities.

In a full PPR Freeman should be money. I have him at #3 which could be construed as way too high. But (and maybe I should have added this qualifier in my rankings post), the difference between #3 and, say, #7 or #8 is so very minimal. That said, he certainly belongs in the top 10 in PPR. Standard league? No.