[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kaepernicks agent asking for permission to seek trade

AX2RUN

I'd rather have Johnny than Colin

Call Elway and have him make an offer, I'm sure the Browns would take just about any pick you offer. I'd rather have no QB and let 3 RB run some wild wishbone or something than have Johnny the headcase QB the team.

He has no work ethic, no desire to learn and adapt to be an NFL QB. We'll be fine with McCown/Davis and whoever we draft.

I wouldn't really want Kaep or RG3 either, but of those 3 I'd take anybody but the goofball.

I suspect he's cut by Friday, or Monday at the latest (if nothing else happens with a trade or suspension).

Good luck, Niners, trying to squeeze anyone for a 2nd. It's obvious the guy is nothing more than a project at this point. You should take that 3rd and not look back.

Totally agree.

The Denver WR's would take a big hit.

I said it last year - Demaryius Thomas would be the leagues most expensive decoy after 1 year of his monster contract with no one throwing to him..

Look at Larry Fitzgerald with someone like Kurt Warner - he was a stud. Then the Cardinals play QB carousel for a few years and the dude looked washed up. Bring in a capable Carson Palmer and Fitz was back to his all-pro form.

You Bronco's fans who keep telling yourself you can win strictly with a defense and a QB won't make or break your season - talk to me come week 6 this upcoming season. You'll have changed your mind - unless Elway can pull a rabbit out of a hat.

• Like 1

You Bronco's fans who keep telling yourself you can win strictly with a defense and a QB won't make or break your season - talk to me come week 6 this upcoming season. You'll have changed your mind - unless Elway can pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Not sure how you can say this, they just freaking did it a month ago.

• Like 4

UGH!

As of Friday, talks between the Browns and Kaepernick’s agents on a restructured deal had not progressed to a point that would satisfy the quarterback enough to green-light the arrangement. The49ers and Browns, meanwhile, are in general agreement regarding the draft-pick compensation that it would take to acquire Kaepernick.

http://www.dawgpoundnation.com/2016/03/11/silver-browns-49ers-agree-on-draft-compensation-for-kaepernick/

Not sure how you can say this, they just freaking did it a month ago.

Well - you got me there. I personally don't see the same thing happening again though. That was a defensive performance for the ages, but they lost some key players on D - not to mention took a further step back on offense from where they were.

The '15 Broncos reminded me a lot of the '85 Bears (Monsters of the Midway). A defense that was dominant and could take over a game - but that '85 Bears team also had a better offense than the '15 Broncos - in which like I said, is taking a step backwards in my opinion. The Bronco's surely will be competitive and could very well make it to the playoff's the next few seasons, but unless Shane Ray can run & pass block, play D-line and linebacker, they're gonna need some pretty strong additions to repeat their success from this year.

I'm not tryin to be a hater - I'm certainly not - but if you're putting all your focus into defense, you still got to be able to put points on the board - and worst case - sustain drives long enough to keep your defense from getting gassed. I don't see that happening again in 2016.

Well - you got me there. I personally don't see the same thing happening again though. That was a defensive performance for the ages, but they lost some key players on D - not to mention took a further step back on offense from where they were.

The '15 Broncos reminded me a lot of the '85 Bears (Monsters of the Midway). A defense that was dominant and could take over a game - but that '85 Bears team also had a better offense than the '15 Broncos - in which like I said, is taking a step backwards in my opinion. The Bronco's surely will be competitive and could very well make it to the playoff's the next few seasons, but unless Shane Ray can run & pass block, play D-line and linebacker, they're gonna need some pretty strong additions to repeat their success from this year.

I'm not tryin to be a hater - I'm certainly not - but if you're putting all your focus into defense, you still got to be able to put points on the board - and worst case - sustain drives long enough to keep your defense from getting gassed. I don't see that happening again in 2016.

Dude. Just... dude. No.

UGH!

As of Friday, talks between the Browns and Kaepernick’s agents on a restructured deal had not progressed to a point that would satisfy the quarterback enough to green-light the arrangement. The49ers and Browns, meanwhile, are in general agreement regarding the draft-pick compensation that it would take to acquire Kaepernick.

http://www.dawgpoundnation.com/2016/03/11/silver-browns-49ers-agree-on-draft-compensation-for-kaepernick/

Good read, nice to read a reasonable perspective (like trusting Hue Jackson and the front office) along with the idea that this is ok either way, trade for Kaep then don't reach for a QB and fill other holes, or don't get him and we go ahead and draft a QB.

Well...there goes any value those of us hanging on to Gordon wanted to get next year. :kicksrock:

Josh Gordon? People had him rostered all of 2015 when he was suspended? Even our Cleveland league didn't see him rostered or signed as a potential keeper for 2016.

I still think he comes back, not sure why the NFL is dragging their heals on the decision. Thought I had heard it would be done not long after the new NFL year starts, but seeing mention of that "Goodell is expected to rul later this month".

Not sure why his value would be that much higher with Kaepernick than McCown, Davis a rookie or somebody else they sign. He didn't exactly have an elite QB throwing to him in 2013 when he had 1600+ yards (Campbell, Weeden, Hoyer).

• Like 1

Well...there goes any value those of us hanging on to Gordon wanted to get next year. :kicksrock:

Wouldn't give up quite yet, Gordon got all of his stats under 3 pedestrian QB's. If Gordon returns to form it will be "just get the ball in his direction". Also Kaep has never played with any stud WR's. There were good ones but no one of Gordon's ( when he is up to speed ) ability.

Edited by Scorcher
  • Like 2

Josh Gordon? People had him rostered all of 2015 when he was suspended? Even our Cleveland league didn't see him rostered or signed as a potential keeper for 2016.

I still think he comes back, not sure why the NFL is dragging their heals on the decision. Thought I had heard it would be done not long after the new NFL year starts, but seeing mention of that "Goodell is expected to rul later this month".

Not sure why his value would be that much higher with Kaepernick than McCown, Davis a rookie or somebody else they sign. He didn't exactly have an elite QB throwing to him in 2013 when he had 1600+ yards (Campbell, Weeden, Hoyer).

Dynasty leagues dude.

Goff or Wentz would dramatically raise Gordon's value. A mid-range guy with decent arm accuracy like Fitzpatrick or Osweilier would not be far behind - look what Marshall and Decker just did.

Dynasty leagues dude.

Goff or Wentz would dramatically raise Gordon's value. A mid-range guy with decent arm accuracy like Fitzpatrick or Osweilier would not be far behind - look what Marshall and Decker just did.

Don't confuse Rain Man.

• 1 month later...

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/334075/kaepernick-to-broncos-trade-already-done?ls=roto:SF:topheadlines

Kaepernick-to-Broncos trade already 'done'?

ESPN's Mark Dominik believes a Colin Kaepernick-to-Denver deal is "done," and contingent only on the 49ers drafting a quarterback.

If Dominik's belief is correct, the trade would go down on draft day. A former NFL general manager, Dominik bases this belief on the fact that Kaepernick formally visited the Broncos' facility, and "you never let a player visit (another) club without (the) trade and contract already figured out." Dominik's theory makes sense, and he still has connections throughout the league. Unfortunately, we won't find out whether Dominik is right until April 28.
Apr 13 - 10:08 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/334075/kaepernick-to-broncos-trade-already-done?ls=roto:SF:topheadlines

Kaepernick-to-Broncos trade already 'done'?

ESPN's Mark Dominik believes a Colin Kaepernick-to-Denver deal is "done," and contingent only on the 49ers drafting a quarterback.

If Dominik's belief is correct, the trade would go down on draft day. A former NFL general manager, Dominik bases this belief on the fact that Kaepernick formally visited the Broncos' facility, and "you never let a player visit (another) club without (the) trade and contract already figured out." Dominik's theory makes sense, and he still has connections throughout the league. Unfortunately, we won't find out whether Dominik is right until April 28.

Source: Mark Dominik on Twitter

Apr 13 - 10:08 PM

I hope not. Was never really that big on the idea of a Kaepernick trade in the first place, but now after all of this back and forth I'd rather they just go through draft and let Dirty Sanchez have a year while whoever they draft sits until 2017.

Edit: 49ers were probably taking whichever QB the browns didn't in the draft. Curious to see if this effects any Kaep trade.

Edited by AX2RUN