[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots cut Brandon LaFell & Scott Chandler

Wolverines Fan

Pats probably waiting for all the cuts so they can build their annual roster of aging receivers from other teams, that are just good enough to take heat off Gronk and Edelman, thereby going 12-4 yet again, winning their division yet again and making a deep run into the playoffs.

Fixed?

I heard they are interested in Rishard Matthews...I mean, it may have been me who said it, but I still heard it

• Like 1

I heard they are interested in Rishard Matthews...I mean, it may have been me who said it, but I still heard it

I heard they were interested in either Mohamed Sanu or Marvin Jones from the Bungles. As a Jones owner in one league I am hoping it's him but I fear it won't happen.

Edit: Welp, looks like everyone and their mother is interested in Sanu. No way he's a Bengal in '16.

Edited by darin3

I hear from sksmith that Rishard Matthews is going to the Patriots.

And the Pats are stuck at 12-4 for the last four years. Let me know when they ever make it past that hump.

• Like 1

I hear from sksmith that Rishard Matthews is going to the Patriots.

And the Pats are stuck at 12-4 for the last four years. Let me know when they ever make it past that hump.

That's a better hump than say, a lot of other teams. :)

I'm going to stop stashing mid-talent, injured players like I did this last year with LaFell. Receiver has gotten so deep that a tier 2/3 receiver isn't that valuable anymore. There are now a ton of 75 reception, 900 yard, 7 touchdown wide receivers out there. 10 years ago I never hesitated stashing a mid-grade receiver like LaFell. I'm done with that.

I think Chandler could be a great 2-3 year pick up for the Bears. I'm not aware of him being over the hill, but he is 30. Since they are going to lose Bennett, this would be a safe, relatively low cost signing, if they do it. I haven't heard he is on their radar.

I think Chandler could be a great 2-3 year pick up for the Bears. I'm not aware of him being over the hill, but he is 30. Since they are going to lose Bennett, this would be a safe, relatively low cost signing, if they do it. I haven't heard he is on their radar.

How is he any different than Zach Miller? :shrug:

More of a help in the run game. I don't trust Miller staying healthy. You do?

Not sure how Chandler rates as a run-blocker as opposed to Miller. I just was going off them both being 30+, over 6'5" and coming on late in their careers. Just kind of an overlap in my opinion. Would have rather them gone after Green (looks like too late now) or maybe even Dwayne Allen who I think is underutilized in IND.