[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official 2016 Free Agency Thread

bud29

I guess Hue Jackson didn't have any influence that the local media said he had. The Browns know they have to overpay, I don't know what offers they are making but clearly it ain't enough

Aside from the Tamba deal, Chiefs are getting boned. Looking into LB Jerrell Freeman, meaning Derrick Johnson might be gone. $12MM/yr. for Janoris Jenkins means Sean Smith is good as gone. (the really bad word).

I guess Hue Jackson didn't have any influence that the local media said he had. The Browns know they have to overpay, I don't know what offers they are making but clearly it ain't enough

Yep they pretty much gave up on Benjamin as they were not going to offer what he wanted, and others would. Pursuing Jones but didn't offer enough and Hue couldn't convince him. I guess next on the list is Sanu, or maybe we'll just survive without WR since we have our new stud franchise TE who they gave a new contract to (after a career year) and the stud RBs on offense, and another rookie QB who won't have the tools (or proably an OL) to give him a chance at success.

surprising how active Miami and Oakland are...to me anyways.

Not sure why Oakland going balls-out in FA is a surprise. They went 7-9 and of their 9 losses, 5 were by less than a TD.

They have one of the most up-and-coming defenses in the league and just added another serious pass rusher. Mack and Irvin? That could be scary-ish. They need to shore up their secondary but that can be done in FA and draft.

Derek Carr is a gunslinger and has two solid pass-catching options in Cooper and Crabtree. Murray is a solid RB option.

Peyton's gone, SD doesn't look like anything special and KC, while keeping their main cogs in place, isn't really scaring anyone with their offense.

Oakland's 7-9 last year could easily bump to 9-7 and a potential wild card in 2016 if they can continue to add well in FA. :shrug:

Didn't see this one coming. Marvin Jones supposedly signing in Detroit.

Ugh. Was hoping he'd land in New England. I'm not sure Jones has what it takes to be a #1.

Ladarius Green to Steelers

Chase Daniel to Eagles

Wow, this seems big to me. Heath Miller was always overlooked but was a team-first guy, great blocker, etc. Not sure if Green fits the Steeler mold but does give them yet another athletic pass catching option.

Not sure why Oakland going balls-out in FA is a surprise. They went 7-9 and of their 9 losses, 5 were by less than a TD.

They have one of the most up-and-coming defenses in the league and just added another serious pass rusher. Mack and Irvin? That could be scary-ish. They need to shore up their secondary but that can be done in FA and draft.

Derek Carr is a gunslinger and has two solid pass-catching options in Cooper and Crabtree. Murray is a solid RB option.

Peyton's gone, SD doesn't look like anything special and KC, while keeping their main cogs in place, isn't really scaring anyone with their offense.

Oakland's 7-9 last year could easily bump to 9-7 and a potential wild card in 2016 if they can continue to add well in FA. :shrug:

+1. I echo this opinion. Hate to say it, but Oakland is a few pieces from being a contender.

I just didn't see it coming. I didn't look at their season and see how many games they lost by 5 points or less. Not that into their season, I guess. It just took me by surprise, that's all

Alex Mack to Atlanta

Rodney McLeod to Philly

Browns pulled their offer to Mitchell Schwartz, Chiefs need to hop on that ASAP.