[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official 2016 Free Agency Thread

bud29

maybe not a perfect comparison but i can't imagine they don't put him and gronk on the field at the same time (more frequently than other teams have 2 TEs on the field simultaneously). he just seems too good to just be a backup. and he's basically the 3rd best receiver on the team after Edelman and Gronk, so I don't see why he wouldn't function basically as a starter, playing more or less the same amount of snaps he would have played if Gronk just didn't exist.

Chandler got about 2-3 targets per game this past year. not actually bad for the "backup" tight end imo. i imagine bennett most likely doubles that and then some.

Edited by pun
  • Like 1

Rumors circulating are that he dogged it bad on a 2 pt conversion attempt against Denver that could have tied it at 17. He was complaining that it was not a pass to him, and then all of a sudden, he was hurt and didn't make the trip up to GB the following week, where the Bears won the game. When asked where he watched the game, he said "I didn't". That was essentially the final straw to a guy who was loafing in practice, and had body slammed Fuller in camp the year before.

He was up in the lead of TE targets when he got shelved with his "injury" and was complaining about wanting more. This was not a situation where he was welcome any longer, and I'm sure he'll get in line with NE.

However, my bet will be that he's a rent a player for 1 year with the Pats, and his inflated self value he has will not go away, and he won't get the touches that satisfies him.

• Like 3

Colts sign Jordan Todman.

Hopefully he Turbin, and Tolzien can play Offensive and Defensive line cause THATS WHAT YOU SHOULD BE WORKING ON, GRIGSON! GOD YOU SUCK AS A GM!!!

While I agree with the decision to stop throwing money at free agents (the Colts are in the top 6 NFL teams when it comes to "dead money") it has been frustrating watch the moderately priced talent also come off the board while the Colts sit on their hands and sign dead weight.

Edited by CaptainHook

Colts sign Jordan Todman.

Hopefully he Turbin, and Tolzien can play Offensive and Defensive line cause THATS WHAT YOU SHOULD BE WORKING ON, GRIGSON! GOD YOU SUCK AS A GM!!!

You're just a couple WRs away, IMO

• Like 1

Chiefs sign Mississippi State discus thrower Tautvydas Kieras who has never played organized football in his life.

The school record holder in the discus throw, TK, as he's called, measured in at 6'3" and 271 pounds while pumping out 24 reps on the 225-pound bench press, running an unofficial 4.69 40-yard dash, recording a vertical leap of 35" and a broad jump of 9'8".

Those numbers are pretty good. Someone posted that if he had been invited to the combine, he would've placed 5th among DL in bench, 2nd in the 40, 2nd in vertical, and 1st in broad jump. Hopefully he can overcome that "never played football before" thing.

Dallas has an offer to Raiders DE Benson Mayowa, they have 5 days to match

Who?

• Like 1

Chiefs sign Mississippi State discus thrower Tautvydas Kieras who has never played organized football in his life.

Those numbers are pretty good. Someone posted that if he had been invited to the combine, he would've placed 5th among DL in bench, 2nd in the 40, 2nd in vertical, and 1st in broad jump. Hopefully he can overcome that "never played football before" thing.

From one article I read "Kieras had never even seen a football game before arriving at the school in 2014." Its not never having played but really not knowing the sport in general. Maybe "chase and kill QB or anybody with ball" is all he needs ;)

From a statement Browns people gave to the media today

Sounds like the Browns are done pursuing a trade for Kaepernick (and that they never did as much as the media reported) and are looking at RG3 at this time, no signing is imminent. Also they are preparing for the season without Gordon and will deal with it if he is reinstated.

Also they do not plan to trade Joe Thomas.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/03/browns_moving_forward_on_rober.html#incart_2box