[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official 2016 Free Agency Thread

bud29

Surprised there hasn't been more action today, since teams are now officially able to talk to the agents of UFAs. I seem to recall many of the premier FAs last year agreeing on deals before they could actually sign.

The "big" rumor right now is that pending cleared physicals, the Eagles are planning to send Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell to the Dolphins for a draft pick.

Edited by bud29

Colts re-sign Dwayne Allen, 4 years and $29.4 million.

Is he really worth that or is Grigson having another brain cramp?

Edited by Wolverines Fan

You'd argue the more options out there, the less likely teams are to pay out the big bucks on a RB.

Yeah I agree. The draft also offers a few good options as well. Tough sleding for FA RBs this year.

Mario Williams to Miami .. NFL network

Surprised there hasn't been more action today, since teams are now officially able to talk to the agents of UFAs. I seem to recall many of the premier FAs last year agreeing on deals before they could actually sign.

The "big" rumor right now is that pending cleared physicals, the Eagles are planning to send Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell to the Dolphins for a draft pick.

:(

Edited by Def.

Miami is building a patriot killer... Or at least trying lol

The lol part is pretty much dead on.

:shrug:

These moves make little sense to me. The trade gets rid of picks and what little cap space we have for players that frankly seem average at best. We're letting a 25 year old talent get away with the transition tag, just to sign/keep aging players like Mario and Wake (probably).

I guess what it all comes down to for me is it looks like new management, same taco sandwich. :kicksrock:

Edited by Def.

Bruce Irvin to Oakland

I haven't been following this much - but listening to some local guys here - saying the Cardinals were going balls in on trying to get him - one of the local radio guys said it's Irvin or bust for the defense this offseason. Unless the Raiders gave him 6 years and a brazillion dollars, why would you go to Oakland over Arizona? Better team with a much better shot as postseason success - plus you get the chance to lay out your ex teammates twice a year..

Edited by Shorttynaz

I haven't been following this much - but listening to some local guys here - saying the Cardinals were going balls in on trying to get him - one of the local radio guys said it's Irvin or bust for the defense this offseason. Unless the Raiders gave him 6 years and a brazillion dollars, why would you go to Oakland over Arizona? Better team with a much better shot as postseason success - plus you get the chance to lay out your ex teammates twice a year..

I wouldn't count this out.

Another deal agreement today, Chiefs OT Donald Stephenson agrees to go to Denver. Not really a big loss for KC, I just hope they don't replace him with someone even worse.