[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Erin Andrews awarded $55 million in peeping tom video lawsuit

Wolverines Fan

I wasn't joking. Lots of people have slight autism and don't know it. Vladimir Putin is often cited as having mild autism. I had a friend with a slight case of Asperger's. If you told him a joke, you had to make sure not to do it deadpan. You had to change your voice and give big physical cues that it was a joke or especially sarcasm. He was still a smart guy and is very successful today.

I wasn't joking. Lots of people have slight autism and don't know it. Vladimir Putin is often cited as having mild autism. I had a friend with a slight case of Asperger's. If you told him a joke, you had to make sure not to do it deadpan. You had to change your voice and give big physical cues that it was a joke or especially sarcasm. He was still a smart guy and is very successful today.

Its possible I'ver never been tested. I am not great in social situations, and I have seen some of myself in Dr. Sheldon Cooper on Big Bang (some say the writer's have not said he has a form of Autism but shows signs of it). I admit to being a bit anal/OCD and having a tough time with sarcasm (especially online).

any outrage about the Hulk Hogan news?

You know what's sad, doing a little quick research on this story I found some numbskull who actually thinks the decision giving Hogan a victory against Gawker is "a stain on the First Amendment". What a joke, but what did I expect from a site named hotair.com

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/03/20/why-hulk-hogans-victory-over-gawker-is-a-stain-on-the-first-amendment/

Personally I'm fine with whatever people can sue for and get in these types of cases. Luckily I'm a nobody and probably never have to worry about this kind of manure happening to me.

If the press obtains something through a source that got it illegally (violating the other party's privacy or trust), I do think they need to consider whether it is right to publish that info.

• 4 weeks later...

Uggh, you guys want to argue about whether this was too much money :crazy:

I wonder if you guys would be saying this if it was your sister, daughter etc.

I don't know.... but I think there needs to be a limit on stuff like this. 55 million is like 10x too much, IMO. It is awards like this that screw up the judicial system for poor / and minorities. If this was Pam Oliver, I bet she would not be getting 55 million. But, neither will Andrews. On appeal this will get knocked way back, I bet.