[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Murray to Titans

darin3

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14923762/philadelphia-eagles-trading-demarco-murray-tennessee-titans?ex_cid=espnfb

:shocking:

I think I would have rather seen him stay on in Philly with the new coaching regime but he'll get the ball a ton for the Titans. Guess we can scratch Bishop Sankey off any "one of these days" lists. :sad:

Edited by darin3

So Ryan Mathews is the now guy in Philly right?

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/332474/report-ryan-mathews-is-available-for-trade?ls=roto:PHI:topheadlines

Report: Ryan Mathews is available for trade

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Ryan Mathews "is available for the right price."

The Eagles are willing to deal both of their early-down backs, shopping DeMarco Murray and Mathews, the latter of whom was by far a superior 2015 runner to Murray. Always long on talent but short on durability, Mathews averaged over five yards per carry last year while Murray managed 3.64 YPC. Mathews missed three games, however, and has missed 13 games over the last two seasons.
Mar 7 - 2:51 PM

So many thoughts running through my head right now. Hopefully this is coherent.

Just the idea of trading for Murray is a slight positive I think. I still fear his injury history, his heavy workload from two years ago, and his performance from last year. However, he was also the rushing king two years ago, and even his down year last year was as good as anything Tennessee has seen from a RB in a few years. This instantly gives the Titans a credible threat in the backfield to take heat off Mariota. He's also restructuring his contract so that will play into how I ultimately think of the trade, as well as what they give up in return (a 5th round pick would be fine, a 4th I could swallow but wouldn't like it).

As a big fan of Sankey, though, I am still disappointed by this. I cannot understand why Mularkey and Wiz seem to hate him so much. He got benched last year for fumbling a couple times returning kicks, something he never should've been doing in the first place. The guy has shown flashes that he can be good when he's not getting hit in the backfield (something that happened a lot thanks to the blocking), but they continue to bury him. Give the guy a f'n chance. Although, after Murray gets hurt halfway through the season, maybe Sankey can take over then....who am I kidding, he still won't get more than 2 carries a game.

Edit: Forgot to add, this also means they won't be drafting Henry in the 2nd which is a huge relief.

Edited by TitansFan
  • Like 1

Wow. Sending away Maxwell, Alonso, and Murray on the same day? Looks like a rebuild in Philly.

Won't be surprised if they don't re-sign Bradford and opt for a cheaper option like Daniel as a stopgap while acquiring young talent.

As a Mariota owner, I like this a ton. Getting the best OL in the draft as well. Sweet.

That was my first thought. This team could potentially be building a monster for a year or two down the road with Mariota, Murray, the #1 and #32 picks, and an abundance of cap room.

As a big fan of Sankey, though, I am still disappointed by this. I cannot understand why Mularkey and Wiz seem to hate him so much. He got benched last year for fumbling a couple times returning kicks, something he never should've been doing in the first place. The guy has shown flashes that he can be good when he's not getting hit in the backfield (something that happened a lot thanks to the blocking), but they continue to bury him. Give the guy a f'n chance. Although, after Murray gets hurt halfway through the season, maybe Sankey can take over then....who am I kidding, he still won't get more than 2 carries a game.

Agree 100%.

I hoping that this means Sankey will be heading elsewhere.

That was my first thought. This team could potentially be building a monster for a year or two down the road with Mariota, Murray, the #1 and #32 picks, and an abundance of cap room.

The Browns have the 32nd pick

• Like 1

:bigjohn:

You are both right, kinda.

The number of the pick may be #33, but since the Patriots forfeited their 1st round pick, the player selected would be the 32nd player. ;)

Maybe, but I've seen the 2.01 pick referred to as the #32 pick ever since it was known the Pats lost their first round pick.

and a contract dump

May actually come close to undoing a bit of the damage Chip did last year, provided teams with needs (Titans) and/or idiots (Dolphins) keep pulling these trades.