[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Ivory to sign with Jacksonville

michaelredd9

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/332621/schefter-jags-agree-to-deal-with-chris-ivory?ls=roto:JAC:topheadlines

Schefter: Jags agree to deal with Chris Ivory

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Jaguars agreed to terms with RB Chris Ivory, formerly of the Jets.

This one comes out of left field. T.J. Yeldon was the 36th overall pick in last year's draft, but it was clear as the season moved on, he didn't have what it took to be a true every-down workhorse. Yeldon rarely got opportunities in the red zone, with the Jaguars instead opting to go pass-heavy inside the 20-yard line or give looks to fringe RBs Toby Gerhart and Jonas Gray. Ivory projects to now fill that role in a true backfield timeshare with Yeldon, who averaged just 4.1 YPC as a rookie. Yeldon also battled a couple of nagging injuries, including a sprained MCL. Ivory hasn't had health on his side in his career, either, but is a true downhill power runner for OC Greg Olson.
Mar 8 - 9:59 PM

I don't get it.

Yeldon is only in his 2nd yr in an offense full of good young guys that should get even better. And Denard deserves touches too imo.

:wacko:

Agree. Nothing against Ivory, but I don't think Yeldon got a chance to prove himself.

Could we see JAX/HOU be at the top of this list for years to come?

The best offense in the division may no longer be IND after today. I can see IND finishing last at this point.

Ivory is getting 5 years at approx $6M a year? Wow.

Could we see JAX/HOU be at the top of this list for years to come?

The best offense in the division may no longer be IND after today. I can see IND finishing last at this point.

Ivory is getting 5 years at approx $6M a year? Wow.

I definitely don't see Houston holding the throne on the AFC South for years to come. They have a stud WR and a stud D-lineman. Osweiller is kind of a wildcard if you ask me - I think he's nothing more than a mid range, middle of the pack QB. Not the long term answer, but who knows.. Jacksonville on the other hand, they could be more of a threat. Above average QB, young RB with a veteran there to mentor him. Great WR's - probably the best young duo in the league. Making strides on defense - they're gonna make a little noise this year and could be for the next few years. The Colts - they have a LOT of holes everywhere - and Grigson has gone from overspending on names to not spending at all and letting all the talent get gobbled up elsewhere. I'm a homer for sure, but I still like Indy's chances in the AFC South..

Who is this above average QB in Jacksonville of whom you speak?

One Mr. Blake Bortles..

4400+ yards passing; 300+ yards rushing; 37 TDs; 18 INTs.. Comes out to 275 yards a game passing, 1 INT a game & 2.3 TD's. If I could get that week in and week out from my QB, I'd be happy with that for the next 10+ years..

Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 1

Bortles definitely had a great fantasy season. Having the second worst defense in the league combined with 2 stud receivers on offense will lead to nice fantasy stats. Bortles also led the league in interceptions, being sacked, and was 31th in completion percentage. Though playing from behind and having to throw downfield can contribute to all those bad stats, too.

When I watched Bortles, he did look good. He is surprisingly nimble for a big dude. He has all the tools, but it's tough to predict which quarterbacks will make the step from being good to being great. Either way, it looks like he could be fantasy gold and available in the mid to late rounds.

Edited by michaelredd9

One Mr. Blake Bortles..

4400+ yards passing; 300+ yards rushing; 37 TDs; 18 INTs.. Comes out to 275 yards a game passing, 1 INT a game & 2.3 TD's. If I could get that week in and week out from my QB, I'd be happy with that for the next 10+ years..

Good fantasy QB. Glad he ain't a Bronco.

I don't get it.

Yeldon is only in his 2nd yr in an offense full of good young guys that should get even better. And Denard deserves touches too imo.

:wacko:

Completely agree. I know they have a ton of money to spend, but they have a lot more pressing needs than RB.