[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Bronco gone - Bears get Trevathan

gilthorp

Oh yeah? Tell me more about the remarkable QB play that got Denver to the top last year.

I'm butthurt that Brock left, not gonna lie. But the QB is irrelevant to our success if Elway can keep that defense in shape. Already lost a starting DL and LB, but if they can keep everyone else then they're straight. They'll build the oline through the draft and free agency and whoever they put back there will be better than the shell of peyton manning that was there last year.

QB play is irrelevant as long as we keep that defense together, and we haven't kept that defense together, but still!

:razz:

malik jackson as well obviously

Yep forgot about that one, just not as into knowing all the key players on defense.

It's not foresight sweetheart, just an opinion. If they don't get Fitz to QB they will be watching the playoffs. Bookmark it.

Ok sweetheart I give you until Aug/Sept before you run screaming from this forum as people hand you your lunch regularly.

Love the first day of free agency sky is falling types lol. Our defense will be fine. There's a lot of depth on the dline, And we have a 1st rounder in Shane Ray ready to take Trevathans spot.

Love the first day of free agency sky is falling types lol. Our defense will be fine. There's a lot of depth on the dline, And we have a 1st rounder in Shane Ray ready to take Trevathans spot.

Ray got moved to ILB?

• Like 2

They don't even play the same position.

Winning the SB without a QB is hard. It won't happen again next year. Denver's D went on a tear. I wouldn't expect it again. Losing both QB's is gonna hurt. I wouldn't be surprised if they missed the playoffs either.

Dude, do you even watch your own team .... or football in general?

Ask the Texans how it goes having a solid defense and a revolving door (at best) at QB.

There's blind homerism.... and then there's... well, whatever this is.

• Like 2

So you kept Von Miller. Good job.

But.. You lost a future 1st ballot HOF QB, his heir apparent, two defensive difference makers in Malik Jackson and Trevathan, 2 pro-bowl lineman in Evan Mathis & Louis Vasquez, and you're about to lose a RB (Anderson) who will thrive behind a solid run blocking line.

Not at all taking anything away from their success this season - all I'm saying is enjoy this championship - cause it's gonna be a long time till they see another one.

So you kept Von Miller. Good job.

But.. You lost a future 1st ballot HOF QB, his heir apparent, two defensive difference makers in Malik Jackson and Trevathan, 2 pro-bowl lineman in Evan Mathis & Louis Vasquez, and you're about to lose a RB (Anderson) who will thrive behind a solid run blocking line.

Not at all taking anything away from their success this season - all I'm saying is enjoy this championship - cause it's gonna be a long time till they see another one.

With free agency these days, you get a brand new team every three years. So I am wondering how you define 'a long time'.

Dude, do you even watch your own team .... or football in general?

Ask the Texans how it goes having a solid defense and a revolving door (at best) at QB.

There's blind homerism.... and then there's... well, whatever this is.

I have a lot more faith in our front office than I do in Houston's. I seriously doubt that we will outright ignore the position like they have for years.

Personally, I don't think Brock is that big of a loss. I would rather he be gone than for us to get locked into overpaying him for the next three years.

In fully aware of the difference between the positions, linebackers switching position is not uncommon so please don't act like I just compared Apple's and asparagus.

You say "you kept Miller, good job" but my point remains, we have only lost 2 impactful players on defense so far unless something has happened since I came to work this morning and I havnt heard about it.

As for basicly saying denvers defensive performance last year was a fluke, that's just an opinion. Can't really argue that, just disagree with it.

I have a lot more faith in our front office than I do in Houston's. I seriously doubt that we will outright ignore the position like they have for years.

Personally, I don't think Brock is that big of a loss. I would rather he be gone than for us to get locked into overpaying him for the next three years.

:shrug: Wasn't trying to compare the two front offices. Just the fact that you have a team in Houston that - for years - has had a great defense but has failed to lock down the QB position.

You must admit that even with Brock in tow (as your comments allude to ) or someone else, QB will be a hugh question mark.

Just saying that hasn't worked out so well for teams like Houston. Add in key losses on that vaunted defense and you're looking at a bit of work.

In fully aware of the difference between the positions, linebackers switching position is not uncommon so please don't act like I just compared Apple's and asparagus.

Dude, you're obviously not that aware. Shane Ray is an OLB and does not have the requisite skillset to move inside. Please stop digging this hole, it's going nowhere.

Heck, some scouts thought he may not even be able to play OLB in the NFL. So there's that too. :lol:

Edited by darin3
  • Like 2

:shrug: Wasn't trying to compare the two front offices. Just the fact that you have a team in Houston that - for years - has had a great defense but has failed to lock down the QB position.

You must admit that even with Brock in tow (as your comments allude to ) or someone else, QB will be a hugh question mark.

Just saying that hasn't worked out so well for teams like Houston. Add in key losses on that vaunted defense and you're looking at a bit of work.

Agreed. IMO, Houston was grossly negligent in addressing their QB position and I doubt that Elway takes the same approach.

I just hope to hell that we don't give up more than a 4th rounder for Crapernick. Personally, I think RG3 is a better QB and he will certainly be cheaper to acquire.

Dude, you're obviously not that aware. Shane Ray is an OLB and does not have the requisite skillset to move inside. Please stop digging this hole, it's going nowhere.

Heck, some scouts thought he may not even be able to play OLB in the NFL. So there's that too. :lol:

Agree to disagree.

Ray does have the tools (i.e. strength and size) to move inside. IMO, he is actually not quite agile or quick enough to be a solid, NFL caliber, 3-4 OLB.

ILB's tend to be a dime a dozen when it comes to draft capital. We have several guys who can potentially fill Danny's role and my guess is we draft a few more. Hell Danny has missed a ton of games over the past few years anyhow. Not spending at ILB (similar to RB) is, generally speaking, a smart GM strategy.

The AFC West is going to be very interesting next year with the Broncos, Chiefs, and Raiders fighting for most likely 1 playoff spot.

Of course any of the 3 of them could melt down too...but would be interesting none the less.

• Like 1

Ray does have the tools (i.e. strength and size) to move inside. IMO, he is actually not quite agile or quick enough to be a solid, NFL caliber, 3-4 OLB.

ILB's tend to be a dime a dozen when it comes to draft capital. We have several guys who can potentially fill Danny's role and my guess is we draft a few more. Hell Danny has missed a ton of games over the past few years anyhow. Not spending at ILB (similar to RB) is, generally speaking, a smart GM strategy.

:blink:

Dude, no.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/4/7/8308475/2015-nfl-draft-shane-ray-film-breakdown-scouting-report

That was a good read, but I don't think it necessarily supports an argument that Ray can't move inside. OLB is a more demanding position and I think ILB would help make some of Ray's weaknesses a little less glaring. If he is mostly filling holes and taking on RB's, I could see him having more impact than if he is jousting with OT's.

FWIW, I think that Wade sees him as Ware's replacement and that we have the depth at ILB where he won't be asked to move.

Oh yeah? Tell me more about the remarkable QB play that got Denver to the top last year.

I'm butthurt that Brock left, not gonna lie. But the QB is irrelevant to our success if Elway can keep that defense in shape. Already lost a starting DL and LB, but if they can keep everyone else then they're straight. They'll build the oline through the draft and free agency and whoever they put back there will be better than the shell of peyton manning that was there last year.

Keep telling yourself you can win consistently in today's NFL with bad QB play.