[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots sign Nate Washington

michaelredd9

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/333528/patriots-take-1-year-flier-on-nate-washington?ls=roto:NE:topheadlines

Patriots take 1-year flier on Nate Washington

Patriots signed WR Nate Washington, formerly of the Texans.

The Pats were Washington's only known visit of free agency. Going on 33, Washington gives a Pats team sorely lacking outside receivers an option on the perimeter. He was an effective role player for Houston in 2015, catching 47 passes for 658 yards and four touchdowns. The Pats probably still aren't done bringing in downfield options after releasing Brandon LaFell. Washington joins Chris Hogan, Keshawn Martin and Aaron Dobson.
Mar 24 - 4:32 PM

Outside of Gronk, Edelman, and Lewis to a lesser extent, I still don't think there's a Patriots offensive player worth hoping for fantasy relevance. This just helps Brady with a mediocre rotation of options to continue the highly effective dink and dunk march down the field

Agreed. The Patriots love to collect WR in the offseason only to release most of them. I think the addition of Martellus Bennett may render all WR other than Edelman irrelevant.

I don't agree. Washington is underrated and sneaky good. He's played with absolute trash at QB and still had respectable averages over the past few seasons. May not be huge for fantasy purposes, but I think it helps them in the W column and may give Brady a threat down the field.

• Like 4