[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2016 Huddlers' NFL Mock Draft (Commentary Only)...

irish

With the 13th pick of the 2016 NFL draft, the Miami Dolphins select Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State University

Dolphins could go lots of ways here, mostly on defense, but it seems like they're not content with their RB situation - trying to get CJ Anderson, signing Pead and Thomas, also some rumors about Knile Davis being traded there. Elliott is far and away the best player available here - the other positions can wait.

• Like 2

Went round and round with myself on this one. Could have gone a couple of ways, but this guy's a three down LB on day one with elite speed and athleticism. Visions of Lavonte David dance in my head. Can move Malcolm Smith to Mike where he played late last year when Lofton was hurt and upgrade two spots with one pick.

Edited by flemingd

pretty much all over the place. Similar comment from guys like Brandt, Polian and Kerwin on the radio. Gil would take him but Polian wouldn't. Kerwin is saying 2nd. all over.

This mock isn't about what they may do, it's about what Darin thinks they should do. If the medical checks out before the draft and there's no expectation of nerve damage or long-term impact, taking the guy is a great pick.

:shrug:

we'll just skip any discussion. Mock draft lawyer.

This mock isn't about what they may do, it's about what Darin thinks they should do. If the medical checks out before the draft and there's no expectation of nerve damage or long-term impact, taking the guy is a great pick.

With what I read about Gurley, Davis and AP and the fact the guy's putting up huge weight makes me think the knee is probably good to go.

So yes, assuming he checks out next weekend (and maybe I should have qualified the pick) I think this is the pick they should make given who's on the board and team needs.

Went round and round with myself on this one. Could have gone a couple of ways, but this guy's a three down LB on day one with elite speed and athleticism. Visions of Lavonte David dance in my head. Can move Malcolm Smith to Mike where he played late last year when Lofton was hurt and upgrade two spots with one pick.

Dude is Telvin Smith 2.0

I think Darin is purposely waiting, simulating Goodell's hour-long hooker breaks in between picks.

:lol: Guys, I am so sorry. Got caught up in some work shiat, then bounced around a couple leagues' RFAs and totally forgot to do this before going to watch the NCAA championship.... picking now. My bad.

Rams take Paxton Lynch QB Memphis

Yes Wentz is on the board but I think the Rams covet (and should take) Lynch. Case Keenum is not the answer. The Rams are not winning anything anytime soon, so why not take the QB that probably has the most upside in this class.

WR is a huge need but Treadwell is gone and the Rams can wait until their 2nd rounder to get someone that could potentially be a WR1 in the next 2-3 years.

Edited by darin3

Yes Wentz is on the board but I think the Rams covet (and should take) Lynch. Case Keenum is not the answer. The Rams are not winning anything anytime soon, so why not take the QB that probably has the most upside in this class.

WR is a huge need but Treadwell is gone and the Rams can wait until their 2nd rounder to get someone that could potentially be a WR1 in the next 2-3 years.

Wentz is gone, took him for the Boys at 4.

Falcons' front 7 could really use some help, particularly at LB. Ragland is a day 1 starter at MLB and should be an immediate upgrade over Worrilow. He also has some pass rushing skills to help the defense that registered the fewest sacks in the league in 2015.

Darin: You are a brave soul picking Jaylon Smith for the Saints at #12. His next medical report will be April 15th. Reports of nerve damage may or may not be accurate. At best, he'll miss the majority of 2016, but the important question is whether he can return to normalcy, which for him translates to beast mode. Could be awesome in 2017.

I'm doing 2 other mocks and he was taken in the top half of round 2 in both, FWIW.

Edited by Dcat

I cannot believe how deep this draft is for DL. It is astonishing. It's super thin in other areas, but a DL coach's dream draft.

I can't believe the DL talent still on the board after 20!

(Not a good time to be shopping Mo Wilkerson Jets fans.)

Skins need interior defense and toughness, love that Rankins could still be available at this spot - heckuva player with a lot of quickness that will help shore up run defense and potentially add some penetration toward the QB.

thanks for leaving A'shawn to me with the next pick. I like Rankins, but absolutely adore Robinson who can be a stud anywhere along the line in a 3-4. What a steal at #22.