[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2016 Huddlers' NFL Mock Draft (Commentary Only)...

irish

Welcome to all those who have offered up their time and effort to participate in this year's NFL Mock Draft, along with those wanting to follow along!! This should be a lot of fun watching fellow Huddlers play GM for their Homer teams. I also wanted to add that if any Huddler would still like to be a part and have their opinion/voice heard when their Homer teams' pick comes up, feel free to PM me or the Huddler listed with the specific team below. Please keep all commentary in this thread only, as the other thread is for just the selections.

Thanks. : )

3 rounds! :yay:

We'll see if we get that far but setting the bar high can't hurt.

And with the fist pick of whatever draft I'm at, the Tennessee Oilers select...Marcus Moriato, QB, Oregon Geese.

Now...back to the orgy in my Olympic size swimming pool filled with cash.

/drops mic/

• Like 2

I'm ready to go with SD's pick sometime today hopefully!

Sweet!

wait..are we supposed to pick who we think the team will pick or who we think they SHOULD pick

I think it's always been the latter... I should have qualified my statement.

E2A: That said, each pick should come with some commentary, yeah?

Edited by darin3

wait..are we supposed to pick who we think the team will pick or who we think they SHOULD pick

The latter part, based on need of course.

Edited by irish

You really think they're going there? I don't. They already have Taylor Lewan and everything I read say they're absolutely in love with Jalen Ramsey. So... :shrug:

I'm not the one who made the pick, but I'll comment anyway.

Tennessee's secondary got burned a lot last year, but the guys who routinely sucked are either gone (Griffin, Sensabaugh) or buried on the depth chart now (Wreh-Wilson, Webb). Jason McCourty will return as the #1 corner after missing all last year, they signed Rashad Johnson for a year at FS, and they signed Brice McCain and Antwon Blake to compete/fill in at corner. The secondary should be quite a bit better than last year.

RT is their biggest need right now in my opinion. Byron Bell is currently penciled in there. That's not good. Drafting Tunsil would allow them to move Lewan over to RT which I think would be an improvement in both spots. I think Tunsil is one of the best LT prospects in years and is the best player in this draft. I also think Lewan can do very well at RT.

As far as what the Titans will do, I think Tunsil is still a bit more likely despite the recent Ramsey rumors. Personally, I would be happy with Ramsey. I would be thrilled with Tunsil.

• Like 2

You can't sign a 25 year old former #2 overall pick at QB then draft a QB #2 overall right behind him. Get the special defender, give RGIII full reign, ride McCown as the backup. One thing's for sure - if RGIII stinks, we'll get another chance at a franchise QB next year.

• Like 2

You can't sign a 25 year old former #2 overall pick at QB then draft a QB #2 overall right behind him. Get the special defender, give RGIII full reign, ride McCown as the backup. One thing's for sure - if RGIII stinks, we'll get another chance at a franchise QB next year.

+1. They only signed RGIII because they knew they weren't drafting a qb with their first pick. They might still draft a quarterback with a lower draft pick.

I think we have already established that RHIII stinks, nice to see Da Browns are already mailing in 2016.

Wow, I don't see Cleveland going with Ramsey, they have to pick a QB. RGIII is not an NFL caliber QB. As a Steelers fan, love the Ramsey pick though... Lol

:wacko:

If the Browns draft a QB at #2 they are idiots.

We don't know what RG3 can do. After his injury he was sabotaged by Mike Shanahan.

• Like 1

I think he *might* be serviceable. Dude got hosed big time in DC.

Besides, what rookie QB is gonna make them a dark horse wild card team???

Edited by BA Baracus
  • Like 2

Chargers - Bosa may struggle a bit to fit with the Bolts' 3-4 scheme but there's thought that Bosa is the best player in the draft. Difference makers don't come along every year. He's probably the closest thing to JJ Watt right now.

I'll just say... totally expected either Tunsil or Ramsey to be here, both of which the Chargers would have jumped on as both represent huge needs.