[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2016 Huddlers' NFL Mock Draft (Commentary Only)...

irish

The selection for the Cowboys has been long overdue. We've needed a QB for the future for awhile now and Wentz is the future. I would've given Bosa serious thought had he fallen and Jack was also considered.

Like I'm going to respond to a Stealers fan, especially DiehardSteeler, about the Browns.

Haha... Touché!

I apologize if I came off as not respecting your opinion, I was trying to share mine and snarkyness sometimes comes off the wrong way in the written word. I actually wish the Browns would get good again, something is lost in the rivalry when the Steelers whoop up on the Brownies twice every year.

The Jags would be sweating bullets if Cleveland takes Ramsey. Their draft priority is Ramsey, Jack, and Bosa in that order. They will be thrilled if any of the three are on the board with the 5th pick. The boys could have easily taken Jack in this scenario, which would have completely screwed the Jags who don't have a place for Buckner after signing Malik Jackson, who plays the same position. Being that their offense is fairly well set, they would have been forced into trading down, or reacking for Vernon Hargreaves before he should be picked. The selection of Wentz takes em off the hook.

Edited by DiehardSteeler

Birds are gonna take whatever falls to them at 6th out of Ramsey, Bosa, Buckner, and Jack.

As a grizzly bear of a man at 6-7, 291, Buckner is an easy choice as a true 3-4 DE who should be in the D-line rotation and making a difference week 1.

Edited by BA Baracus

You can't sign a 25 year old former #2 overall pick at QB then draft a QB #2 overall right behind him. Get the special defender, give RGIII full reign, ride McCown as the backup. One thing's for sure - if RGIII stinks, we'll get another chance at a franchise QB next year.

FYI lots of talk that McCown gets traded, but I honestly don't see that as a big issue, a rookie or deep bench guys Austin Davis or Connor Shaw can be backups.

Even if RG3 is good they'll still have a top 5-10 pick.

Wow, I don't see Cleveland going with Ramsey, they have to pick a QB. RGIII is not an NFL caliber QB. As a Steelers fan, love the Ramsey pick though... Lol

BTW, I agree with ya, The Browns take a QB at #2 IMO, especially with Wentz or Goff there.

In a 7 player draft the Eagles trade up to 8th. Perfect :kicksrock:

I imagine they have some plan trading up already and would guess they will trade up again if needed to take one of the 2 QBs or possibly they have 3 on their board. Their M.O. would say a fallback is either of the DEs, gone. A tackle, that could play guard for a year or 2 but at 6-6 it probably isn't Stanley. That leaves the DBs, Ramsey will be long gone leaving a perfect spot for another big need at CB. I could consider DT since there are a few here too but bigger needs on D. Too bad this draft appears thin on top end WRs as well since that would be a nice fit.

LB (had Jack fallen) and RB are simply not positions the Eagle prioritize so people can keep mocking Elliot to the Eagles but I just don't seeing it happening. In a scenario like this a trade back down could also be in play.

So the selection is Vernon Hargreaves - CB, Florida

Edited by Zooty

Looks like the Chargers are missing from the list on the other thread...

?

I took Treadwell for the GIants as they have no viable threat - WR or TE - to take any pressure off Beckham.

I see Treadwell making a big impact, not only in terms of catching the ball but of taking pressure of Odell.

I took Treadwell for the GIants as they have no viable threat - WR or TE - to take any pressure off Beckham.

I see Treadwell making a big impact, not only in terms of catching the ball but of taking pressure of Odell.

As a WR1 are some questions about who drafts him but opposite OBJ he could be an absolute terror.

My bad. Exhaustion and alcohol.

All good, thought I was losing it more than I already am.

With the 11th pick of the 2016 NFL draft, the Chicago Bears select Shaq Lawson, DE from Clemson

Had the Bears not signed both Danny Trevathan and Jerrell Freeman, the pick would have probably been Jaylon Smith. But the injury to Smith and those signings make this an easy selection.

Lawson is a pass-rush machine, something that has been completely absent from the Bears' defense the past... I dunno... many years. Akiem Hicks, Pernell McPhee, Willie Young, and the Longhorn duo of Acho and Houston are adequate on the front and edges, but Lawson adds a dimension that none of them have.

Some think he fits better as an OLB rather than DE in the 3-4, and that may be true. Either way, he's a beast and fills a dire need.

With the 12th pick of the 2016 NFL Draft, the New Orleans Saints select Jaylon Smith, LB from Notre Dame

Dude has a ways to go, but as AP and Todd Gurley have shown (and Thomas Davis as well), it's not a matter of if they'll come back after the surgery, it's how fast rehab can go. Smith fits exactly what the Saints need defensively and potentially could be one of the best 3 defenders in the draft... if we weren't talking about his injury the guy was a no-brainer top-10 pick.

Dude has a ways to go, but as AP and Todd Gurley have shown (and Thomas Davis as well), it's not a matter of if they'll come back after the surgery, it's how fast rehab can go. Smith fits exactly what the Saints need defensively and potentially could be one of the best 3 defenders in the draft... if we weren't talking about his injury the guy was a no-brainer top-10 pick.

That would be a hell of a risky pick. He could be sitting all this year which means you could be looking at 3 years out to see any return on his potential (provided he doesn't have limiting nerve damage).

Seems like some talk that he could fall to day 3 (mostly on NFL radio insiders). If there really is nerve damage he's falling at least to late day 2 if not day 3 IMO. Of course I haven't seen his meds. GMs (besides the Bengals) have become very risk adverse in the draft

This mock isn't about what they may do, it's about what Darin thinks they should do. If the medical checks out before the draft and there's no expectation of nerve damage or long-term impact, taking the guy is a great pick.