[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Victor Cruz

kdko

Back practicing. The Giants lost Randle in the offseason and are looking a little thin at WR. Despite talks of possibly looking at Ezekiel Elliot, I don't see how they go without targeting an O-Lineman or a receiver in the early rounds of the draft. If they don't spend a top pick on a receiver, how much value do you think Cruz has going into this next fantasy season? A lot of people picked him up in the mid rounds last year only to see him not getting any time, and he was also injured the year before. Do you guys stay away from him altogether? Or where do you feel comfortable picking him up in the draft next year?

I highly doubt they go WR at #10, as they don't draft by need in rd. 1 and doubt they see any WR as BPA at 10, although many people want them to pick one. I agree they go o-line at 10 especially if Stanley is available, and maybe Conklin too. If not o-line, then defense (Hargreaves, Lawson, Floyd, etc).

I'd actually say it's more likely they pick Elliot at 10 (if he's available), as he's a clear elite player, expressed interest in playing for them, could be a bit of a "win now" pick to save Reese's job and appease fanbase, etc. Still unlikely though. Assuming they don't trade down or anything like that, I think they'll target one of the "top tier" WRs with their second pick. Either at #40 or trading up maybe like with Landon Collins. Cause they can't go into the season with just Beckham and... Dwayne Harris?

It's worth noting that OBJ's COUSIN - Terron Beckham - who didn't even play college football, is entering the draft (as an RB I think?) and had an awesome pro day. Doubtful he's picked early because he hasn't played since high school, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see them take him late. Talent does seem to run in the family...

Anyway, Cruz.

He seems to be healthy and in good shape but it seemed that way last year too. Unless he goes out there in the preseason and looks like he can play, I wouldn't pick him at all. Maybe in the last few rounds if there's basically nothing of value left, but I wouldn't even think of anything before like the 12th round.

I don't know much about patellar tendon injuries and how well players recover from them, but from what I've heard... the prognosis is not great. I'd like to hear from someone who knows about that whether or not past players with the injury have come back and been the same player. It also has implications for Jimmy Graham and his fantasy (and real football) value this season and long term/dynasty.

Edited by pun

As much as I wanted to hold him in the leagues I had him in, I waited until I got an offer I was pretty comfortable with and cut bait. I don't think he'll ever be the same....

I think NYG invests in a WR in this draft. I could see them drafting Treadwell at #10 because he'd be the ultimate complement to OBJ. But maybe they take BPA at #10 and try hitting a home run with a WR in a later round. I could see both sides there....

If he's available in the late rounds when I'm just filling out the roster I may take a chance on him. But I agree with the others on the thread, between OBJ and a potential drafted WR I don't think we'll see very much salsa dancing in 2016.

Torn patellar tendon is probably the toughest lower body injury for an athlete to recover from. I will be shocked if Cruz is still Cruz when/if he comes back.

Would you say the same about Graham?

I'm not holding my breath with that guy either. These guys are phenomenal athletes with cutting edge technologies that are getting them healed up faster than ever.... but the human body is still the human body and can only take so much.

It's not like Graham was ever going to be the stud he was in NOS while in a Seahawk jersey.... this only adds to the potential for him being a risky play.

Absolutely.

I will say that Graham could find ways to still be productive even if the injury robs him of some burst. He is still big enough to box out defenders with his frame and get those 'rebound' type redzone targets. He will be less effective, but not totally useless.

OTOH, Cruz is a guy who wins with short area quickness. If he he loses a little bit of lower body explosiveness, it could render him completely unable to get open anymore.

Edited by BA Baracus