[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rams now hold NO.1 draft pick.

AX2RUN

Saw this:

To get the top pick from the Titans, the Rams gave up their first-round pick this year (No. 15 overall), their first-round pick next year, both of their second-round picks this year and their third-round pick next year. The Titans are also throwing in their fourth-round pick and sixth-round pick this year.

Are the QBs available really that good?

That's my question as well. Wentz and Goff were projected to be gone well before the rams picked, but is Lynch THAT far behind those two that they couldn't have just stayed and drafted him at 15?

This is almost as bad as the trade made in that Draft Day movie with Costner. Get Bo Callahan!

• Like 2

My guess is they are taking Goff.

Seeing lots of tweets that they're in love with Wentz. Also saw something that Goff is the Browns' guy, so it all works out.

Cowboys fans have to be happy, Jalen Ramsey falling to 1.04 just became very possible.

It makes sense why the Rams are doing this to me. Moving to LA and they want to make a splash and why not go get your franchise qb if you truly think Wentz is that good. Rams problem has always been at QB play, they have a great defense, good running game, but terrible qb. Hopefully this pans out, it will be fun to go watch a couple Rams games in the future.

• Like 1

My guess is they are taking Goff.

Now seeing lots of speculation that they take Goff. Who the smoochie knows. Media is going bonanza, probably need everything to cool down a bit.

I think it's Wentz. Only reason I say that is because it was pretty well expected that Cleveland was taking Wentz. So if LA is after Goff then they wouldn't have had to move to #1, they would have been able to move into another spot in the top 5 for cheaper than what they paid to get #1 and still get Goff.

• Like 1

I am slightly surprised that they would give up so much. The Rams have always been one of the worst passing teams since Fisher got there four years ago. You know they want to run Todd Gurley as much as they can. And their set of wideouts might not be starters on almost any other team. Maybe he can turn them around - they are paying a fortune on that premise obviously.

They must absolutely love Wentz, because that trsde is rediculous. I don't see the value there with Wentz. There was talk locally that the jags would have probably been happy trading the 5th pick for the Rams first and two second round picks. Of course that is just speculation from the talking heads, but it made sense to me.

Edited by DiehardSteeler

I said this like a month ago - someone will leapfrog Cleveland to take Wentz. Will find the post - some of you said I was crazy even suggesting it.

People are just taking shots at you waiting for you to be wrong about something.

You never envisioned LA to give up the farm like they did. They've never even had a one on one meeting with Wentz or Goff and are supposedly on the fence as to which one they like better. It makes no sense. It has to be Wentz.

• Like 1

You can easily make a case for either QB, but I'll be very surprised if this is not Goff. He's done it against much better competition and don't underestimate the Rams wanting to draw the fans in by drafting the "home guy" in Goff.

Regardless, whichever QB it is better really do well or this was a stupid trade. Neither of these guys is a near-lock for stardom to say the least and the Rams' ability now to stack talent elsewhere, which is much needed, just took a huge hit. It's not like they're a QB away from a SB.

• Like 1

This has got to be one of the worst trades ever for the Rams. I guess they learned nothing after fleecing the Redskins. There is no chance that either of the QBs they may take is worth mortgaging the franchise for the next 5 years. Plus what part of their management or coaching gives you confidence they can benefit from this pick?

If I were a Rams fan I would be sick. Make a splash by soiling yourself - good start in LA.

For the Titans - total bonanza.

Edited by stethant
  • Like 1