[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rams now hold NO.1 draft pick.

AX2RUN

I believe Wentz and Goff have the same agent.

This sounds like it should break some kind of anti-trust law or whatever the league calls it. Just seems shady as hell and against 'the spirit' of the NFL and their focus on parity.

I can't name the specific rules/regs in the NFL but this seems worse than the Maclin tampering case. One agent is manipulating the teams to get his clients picked first and second by sharing information between teams. I wonder if that's legal. If it is, I don't think he should be. I mean, that opens the door for all sorts of shady manure in other situations. What if he was lying and a team traded away a bunch of picks only to find out he was lying? idk, just seems like something the NFL should be against.

Edited by pun

This sounds like it should break some kind of anti-trust law or whatever the league calls it. Just seems shady as hell and against 'the spirit' of the NFL and their focus on parity.

I can't name the specific rules/regs in the NFL but this seems worse than the Maclin tampering case. One agent is manipulating the teams to get his clients picked first and second by sharing information between teams. I wonder if that's legal. If it is, I don't think he should be. I mean, that opens the door for all sorts of shady taco in other situations. What if he was lying and a team traded away a bunch of picks only to find out he was lying? idk, just seems like something the NFL should be against.

I think you're reading too much into this. My guess is that LA will tell which player they are picking to anyone other team that wants to know. Keeping it a secret doesn't benefit them in any way. It would be a little chivesy to keep it a secret. However, LA isn't going to announce it publicly since the NFL wants fans to watch the draft.

I think you're reading too much into this. My guess is that LA will tell which player they are picking to anyone other team that wants to know. Keeping it a secret doesn't benefit them in any way. It would be a little chivesy to keep it a secret. However, LA isn't going to announce it publicly since the NFL wants fans to watch the draft.

Agreed.

Oh no! I missed a classic Darin "people in the know" reference! That's what I get for going on vacation.

You take the left tackle 10 out of 10 times, if he is rated that highly. You likely never get a chance again to make that kind of pick, those guys typically go to the playoffs a lot during their careers (Jones, Munoz, Ogden, Pace, etc.) you have plenty of other ways/opportunities to get good corners, and King Dunlap isn't good.

I love Jalen Ramsey but Tunsil is the pick that should happen. Not saying it will, but should.

So much yes in this post. Too bad hearsay > logic.

As a fan I'd really enjoy watching it more if the first round wasn't held on a Thursday, and I could rally people together to watch it somewhere... :crybaby:

So funny, listening to Colin Cowherd on the way to lunch and he claims someone close to the Rams organization (that remained anonymous) said the pick is most definitely Goff. It actually sounded like Cowherd was reporting an official story when I first heard the announcement....

Then, after lunch and driving back to work, I'm listening to Fred Roggin (who is an LA TV/radio icon) and he said it's still a split and the sources he trusts most are all saying Wentz.

:lol:

So funny, listening to Colin Cowherd on the way to lunch and he claims someone close to the Rams organization (that remained anonymous) said the pick is most definitely Goff. It actually sounded like Cowherd was reporting an official story when I first heard the announcement....

Then, after lunch and driving back to work, I'm listening to Fred Roggin (who is an LA TV/radio icon) and he said it's still a split and the sources he trusts most are all saying Wentz.

somewhere in the Rams office

Kronke: Ok we have to make LA care about this team this time or we'll be banished to St. Louis again.

Pron-Stash Fisher: What if we admit our current QBs suck and we overpay to get one in the draft? (plus that will buy me another 3 years in the Valley).

Kronke: Sounds good Ron, ummm I mean Jeff. Will that be enough to drive interest?

Scout #1: Well we could pretend to have no clue who we want. That should play great in the the city that contains Hollywood.

Scout #2: Ok here's the plan, half of us will tell our media friends we want Goff, the other half will say we want Wentz. Pinkie shake!

Kronke drops mic and walks off

• Like 3

Kronke: Ok we have to make LA care about this team this time or we'll be banished to St. Louis again.

Pron-Stash Fisher: What if we admit our current QBs suck and we overpay to get one in the draft? (plus that will buy me another 3 years in the Valley).

Kronke: Sounds good Ron, ummm I mean Jeff. Will that be enough to drive interest?

Scout #1: Well we could pretend to have no clue who we want. That should play great in the the city that contains Hollywood.

Scout #2: Ok here's the plan, half of us will tell our media friends we want Goff, the other half will say we want Wentz. Pinkie shake!

:rofl: that's good.

Nobody knows, their soures are not real and they just say stuff because their are hours of space to fill.

Radio talking heads say Stanley. Run blocking is the reason over Tunsil.

So funny how things change in a mere week. Those same heads were lambasting the Chargers for even considering Tunsil after spending so much money on keeping their current - albeit somewhat average and hurt most of '15 - line together.

This would fall in line, though, with the earlier report that the've had one guy in mind all along, since Stanley's name was never mentioned in the top-2.

Cowboy fans should rejoice as they'll get the best defender - possibly the best player - in this draft. Sucks for 1.01 rookie draft owners in dynasty leagues as Zeke behind that OL would be nuts.

Speaking of... maybe Melvin Gordon will finally look good with a legit run blocker in front of him.... that is, if Stanley shows that he has the passion for the game some claim he lacks.

• Like 1

So funny how things change in a mere week. Those same heads were lambasting the Chargers for even considering Tunsil after spending so much money on keeping their current - albeit somewhat average and hurt most of '15 - line together.

This would fall in line, though, with the earlier report that the've had one guy in mind all along, since Stanley's name was never mentioned in the top-2.

Cowboy fans should rejoice as they'll get the best defender - possibly the best player - in this draft. Sucks for 1.01 rookie draft owners in dynasty leagues as Zeke behind that OL would be nuts.

Speaking of... maybe Melvin Gordon will finally look good with a legit run blocker in front of him.... that is, if Stanley shows that he has the passion for the game some claim he lacks.

Once again Chargers zig instead of zag...lol

Once again Chargers zig instead of zag...lol

Yeah they smokescreened that pretty well. Although they did tip it off a bit by saying they had one guy in mind since before all of the trades happened, which actually could have pointed right at Bosa if anyone thought two steps down. TEN would have (likely, at the time they still had the #1) taken Tunsil. Browns would have either moved down or taken Ramsey (yeah?) and the Bolts would have had their guy.

Yeah they smokescreened that pretty well. Although they did tip it off a bit by saying they had one guy in mind since before all of the trades happened, which actually could have pointed right at Bosa if anyone thought two steps down. TEN would have (likely, at the time they still had the #1) taken Tunsil. Browns would have either moved down or taken Ramsey (yeah?) and the Bolts would have had their guy.

Don't know if I like this pick or not. I think I do but Mebane won't be enough. If we target more DL in 2/3, then maybe we'll see Bosa's impact. Center is still a have to have though ...so?

Don't know if I like this pick or not. I think I do but Mebane won't be enough. If we target more DL in 2/3, then maybe we'll see Bosa's impact. Center is still a have to have though ...so?

He's as close to Watt as you're going to get - in this draft for certain - and perhaps for the next couple/few seasons, at least from what the Bolts (and others) scouting tells them. Doubt he'll ever be the force Watt is but he's still pretty disruptive.

• Like 1

He's as close to Watt as you're going to get - in this draft for certain - and perhaps for the next couple/few seasons, at least from what the Bolts (and others) scouting tells them. Doubt he'll ever be the force Watt is but he's still pretty disruptive.

ok but if we had a cuddle teddy bear emoji I'd freaking use it

We definitely need a center. Chris Watt has proved he can't handle the role when moved over, and Trevor Robinson had the lowest grade of any O-Line player in the LEAGUE. Could probably wait til the 4th round or so to pick one up though. Hopefully Nick Martin is still there!