[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well they did it - Browns trade #2 to Philly

flemingd

Eagles announce via Twitter:

Philly gets:

2017 4th from CLE

Browns get:

2016 1st (8 overall)

2016 3rd (77 overall)

2016 4th (100 overall)

2017 1st from PHI

2018 2nd from PHI

Damn them! Now the huddle mock will have to be started all over again...

:lol:

• Like 3

Wow... this is very, very interesting.

The Eagles are absolutely in love with Wentz, so you gotta figure that they think Goff is for sure going to the Rams.

Now it makes sense why the Rams are not showing their hand. Wonder if they bluff and make the Eagles give up even more to get up to #1. :lol:

I like it

Yeah what's not to like about that... for a team that wasn't going QB (hoping RG3 is the answer), might as well move down a few slots, still get an impact player, and add some nice high future picks.

Great job by the Brownies.

• Like 2

Great move by the Browns, OK move for the Eagles I guess. Does make you wonder why they signed BOTH Bradford and Daniel this offseason, do they move one of them now?

If they land Wentz, that'll be a solid situation for him - won't be pressured to immediately start.

Damn them! Now the huddle mock will have to be started all over again...

:lol:

I was going to ask in that thread if you guys would restart the mock after this trade happens, but I thought it would be coming on draft day. I guess the Eagles don't care which QB they get, or feel confident the Rams are not taking their guy.

I love the trade, never wanted to use #2 on Goff/Wentz, just don't seem worth it and with all the other holes even a good rookie QB could go to waste here.

Now they have more picks to make good decisions. Many fans convinced that this was or best/only chance to get a franchise QB hate it. They've already labeled "the Harvard guys" failures.

ehhh, its not too much to give up. I hope the QBs are as good as they think they are. At least the picks are spread through 2018 so not quite as painful

You really think that? Spread out or not, the Browns just added a 1st and a 2nd to move down a bit. :shrug:

It's not on the Rams/Titans level but I think the Browns are definitely the "winners" here.

You really think that? Spread out or not, the Browns just added a 1st and a 2nd to move down a bit. :shrug:

It's not on the Rams/Titans level but I think the Browns are definitely the "winners" here.

If Wentz turns into a franchise QB, absolutely. It's a win-win. The Eagles seem to be all about getting that franchise QB and grooming him properly (let him sit, Pederson/Daniel as mentors). Bradford will be gone after this year. If he falters/gets hurt, they have Daniel. IF Wentz is a true stud/franchise QB it's a very good move for the team.

Edited by The Next Generation

If Wentz turns into a franchise QB, absolutely. It's a win-win. The Eagles seem to be all about getting that franchise QB and grooming him properly (let him sit, Pederson/Daniel as mentors). Bradford will be gone after this year. If he falters/gets hurt, they have Daniel. IF Wentz is a true stud/franchise QB it's a very good move for the team.

Oh I hear ya there. Ditto for Rams with whoever they pick.

• Like 1

Have 2 teams traded the top 2 picks recently?

Same question was asked on another board I'm on, here was the answer given

1997 appears to be the answer:

#1: Rams traded up with the Jets from #6 (only getting a third, fourth and seventh) and took Orlando Pace

#2: Raiders traded up from #10 and also got a sixth rounder and took Darrell Russell. In return they gave up LB Daryl Hobbs and only gave up a second and

—1967, when New Orleans sent the top spot to the Baltimore Colts, who took Bubba Smith, and the Giants sent the second pick to Minnesota, which grabbed Clint Jones.

—1975, when Atlanta got the No. 1 selection from the Colts and took Steve Bartkowski, while Dallas acquired No. 2 from the Giants to take Randy White.

—1997, when the Rams got the top spot from the Jets to draft Orlando Pace, and the Saints sent the No. 2 selection to the Raiders, who picked Darrell Russell.

sure if they think he's a franchise QB.

And a little bit of the Costanza "do the opposite". Since everything the Browns do has been wrong, both those QBs are sure fire HoFers. AmIRight?

• Like 1

A sign of smarter minds in Cleveland? Hopefully they get more than 2 years to prove it!

Well the last few times we have traded down really have not worked out.

2011 traded down when they could have taken Julio Jones and got a bunch of picks that turned into guys like Phil Taylor, Greg Little and Brandon Weeded...I think I would rather have Julio right now though in Cleveland he would not be the player he is today.

2014 traded down when they could have taken Watkins and drafted Gilbert and Manziel in the first round that year and I think Erving with the 2015 Buffalo pick.

Sure hope this new crew drafts better because drafting has not been a strong point of the Browns.

• Like 1

So...what if Wentz/Goff fall to 8. I heard Eagles wanted the 3rd pick and couldn't work it out. They could be targeting Lynch? Because there on record saying "we are taking a QB, we know who it is, and we know we are gonna get him"

So imagine in a fantasy world Cleveland still has the other of those two players at 8. Highly doubtful I know!