[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well they did it - Browns trade #2 to Philly

flemingd

from SB NATION:

According to Peter King of The MMQB, people around the league are not shedding tears for Bradford.

I think—of all the people I spoke to over draft weekend—when I brought up the Sam Bradford-is-ticked-off angle, here is how many NFL folks (coaches and GMs mostly) had empathy for Bradford: zero.

I've seen some people defend Bradford's behavior since the trade request. I really just don't get it. This is a guy who has made over $100 million in his career and he's never been much more than average ... at best. He hasn't had a single winning season. Since 2000, Bradford is one of only 20 quarterbacks to attempt 2,000 passes. Of those 20 quarterbacks, he ranks last in passer rating, yards per attempt, and touchdowns. Bradford clearly hasn't played well enough for him to realistically expect to not be replaced.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And for my final post here, a story is being told on local sports radio that Roseman, Pederson, and Lurie ( I think it was Lurie ) called Bradford into a meeting to tell him that they were going to draft a QB at number 2. Reports say that Bradford stormed out of the room.

So, as an Eagles fan, I have to wonder,,,, do we really need this child on our team? This guy who must be worried that he can't beat out a rookie? The guy who wasn't smart enough to realize that he wasn't in the Eagles long term plans when he signed a 2 year deal.

I think what I would like to see is Daniels start the season, Bradford on the bench, and Wentz play at around week 12 - 13 if he is ready.

I don't think the Eagles will be particularly good this season no matter who is at QB, anyway.

And for my final post here, a story is being told on local sports radio that Roseman, Pederson, and Lurie ( I think it was Lurie ) called Bradford into a meeting to tell him that they were going to draft a QB at number 2. Reports say that Bradford stormed out of the room.

So, as an Eagles fan, I have to wonder,,,, do we really need this child on our team? This guy who must be worried that he can't beat out a rookie? The guy who wasn't smart enough to realize that he wasn't in the Eagles long term plans when he signed a 2 year deal.

I think what I would like to see is Daniels start the season, Bradford on the bench, and Wentz play at around week 12 - 13 if he is ready.

I don't think the Eagles will be particularly good this season no matter who is at QB, anyway.

Who cares? He gives the Eagles their best chance to win this year. If, by mid-season, they are 2-6 and look horrific then they make a move. If not and they are competitive, he stays as the starter. I really don't understand why everyone got up-in-arms in the first place. Also, I don't think he was worried that he couldn't beat-out a rookie because he wasn't competing with a rookie. He has zero competition; he is the starter. He wanted a chance at long-term security and felt he wasn't going to get that chance; with the investment the Eagles made in Wentz, Wentz WILL be the starter within 2 years. Had they drafted a rookie in rnds 3/4, I think Bradford felt he could compete and beat-out that guy as there would have been no significant investment in that guy (no more than the 2nd they gave up for Bradford, anyway), so he signed the deal. He played his hand and he lost. Moving on...

Who cares? He gives the Eagles their best chance to win this year. If, by mid-season, they are 2-6 and look horrific then they make a move. If not and they are competitive, he stays as the starter. I really don't understand why everyone got up-in-arms in the first place. Also, I don't think he was worried that he couldn't beat-out a rookie because he wasn't competing with a rookie. He has zero competition; he is the starter. He wanted a chance at long-term security and felt he wasn't going to get that chance; with the investment the Eagles made in Wentz, Wentz WILL be the starter within 2 years. Had they drafted a rookie in rnds 3/4, I think Bradford felt he could compete and beat-out that guy as there would have been no significant investment in that guy (no more than the 2nd they gave up for Bradford, anyway), so he signed the deal. He played his hand and he lost. Moving on...

Cause no one likes a whiny cry baby bitch, especially when he is getting millions in guaranteed money for doing nothing more than dropping his pants and manureting on the football field these past several years. I miss the days when entitled asses were brought out back and beaten.

Now get off my lawn. :usa:

• Like 2

Everyone got up in arms because a QB is supposed to lead his team. A team of men. What men want to follow a boy that picked up his ball and went home? He's lost credibility and respect. He's probably shown at least partly why he hasn't been successful. He isn't a warrior. He's a wimp.

Everyone got up in arms because a QB is supposed to lead his team. A team of men. What men want to follow a boy that picked up his ball and went home? He's lost credibility and respect. He's probably shown at least partly why he hasn't been successful. He isn't a warrior. He's a wimp.

Please...These men know that it's a business. As I said, he played his hand and lost. They can all respect that. He missed a week in shorts of VOLUNTARY workouts. BIG DEAL. Had he missed real work and cost the team a chance to win games, things would be different. But, he didn't. Much ado about nothing.

Browns signed first pick Corey Coleman, 4yr $11.6M, almst all guaranteed, $6.7M signing bonus. His contract is about $1.6M more than Laquan Treadwell. I'm guessing most rookie contracts have the bulk of the money guaranteed, the signing bonus and first few years of salary. Or is that only for the higher picks with big money (who are expected to be around for the full 4 years).

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/corey-coleman/