[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well they did it - Browns trade #2 to Philly

flemingd

Word on the news tonight was that Bradford asked his agent to see if the Eagles will trade him.

Think they would? I don't know... I don't think Wentz - assuming that's their pick, which it appears to be - is NFL-ready. And Chase Daniel is Chase Daniel..... although they did scratch him a decent amount so maybe they think he's starter-level? :shrug:

This has got to be one of the craziest few weeks leading up to the draft in my recent memory. :tup:

Think they would? I don't know... I don't think Wentz - assuming that's their pick, which it appears to be - is NFL-ready. And Chase Daniel is Chase Daniel..... although they did scratch him a decent amount so maybe they think he's starter-level? :shrug:

This has got to be one of the craziest few weeks leading up to the draft in my recent memory. :tup:

I think Chase Daniel has always looked more impressive then some of the guys that other teams trot out there on a week to week basis. Looking at any team that started Christian Pondor or Blaine Gabbert for a significant period of time.

Well from Adam Schefter:

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/1145606135492026

I'm gonna puke if I hear any more garbage about drafting Cardale from the local OSU homers. Especially sine they're talking early rounds.

The Browns could trade down they have said as much and some team may covet one specific player that is there (Elliott, one of the many defenders).

And the Eagles claim they are "Completely blindsided" by the request. They can't be that stupid, can they?

I doubt it, HOWEVER, there were quotes where he said he would not ask for a trade.

Looks like I beat the reporters with this one, in predicting Bradford's early move from Philly...... Honestly, I think this was the plan all along - get Bradford for fairly cheap, and plan to trade him if they get the QB they wanted in the draft. If they can trade him, I will be happy. I hated watching the Eagles with him as QB.

I doubt it, HOWEVER, there were quotes where he said he would not ask for a trade.

Looks like I beat the reporters with this one, in predicting Bradford's early move from Philly...... Honestly, I think this was the plan all along - get Bradford for fairly cheap, and plan to trade him if they get the QB they wanted in the draft. If they can trade him, I will be happy. I hated watching the Eagles with him as QB.

When did his contract become 'fairly cheap'?
  • Like 1

well it was better than watching the Eagles with M. Vick at QB

I think he was resigned because Philly didn't want to be the Broncos or Jets. No incumbent and not in position to draft a QB who could start. Bradford came back, then they got Daniels, then they were able to move up.

Honestly Bradford needs to man up, have a good year and prove that they wasted the pick on the rookie. Not whine and cry and demand a trade to a team with no other option at QB. Spoiled brat

• Like 1

Honestly Bradford needs to man up, have a good year and prove that they wasted the pick on the rookie. Not whine and cry and demand a trade to a team with no other option at QB. Spoiled brat

This

Most of these guys haven't worked a day in their lives. 22 mil guaranteed and he's pissy because they're going to draft a QB. Kiss my ass Sam

I don't think the Eagles let him go. They will have essentially given him an $11 million signing bonus for nothing. But if they did and he went to Denver... would we have to put Dirty Sanchez on suicide watch? Move half way across the country to get a shot at starting, only to sit behind the same guy you did last year. Lord help the poor man.

Sam Bradford will be playing in his 5th different offensive scheme in 6 years. He is 28. It's understandable that he wants to know that whatever scheme he is learning that he has a future with it.

Then why sign a 2-year deal? He knew he was still in a prove-it contract. Drafting a rookie changes nothing. If he plays well, he's getting a new deal with a new team. Coming to off-season workouts improves his chances of playing well. He's being a whiny baby..

Edited by The Next Generation

Then why sign a 2-year deal? He knew he was still in a prove-it contract. Drafting a rookie changes nothing. If he plays well, he's getting a new deal with a new team. Coming to off-season workouts improves his chances of playing well. He's being a whiny baby..

Great point, and Dan Patrick just said the same on his radio show.

Another couple of tidbits on Bradford. His TD-to-millions of dollars made ratio is.... 1:1 :lol:

And the Eagles and Broncos have already talked trade and can't come up with a draft pick scenario that works for both teams. Will be interested to see which side flinches.

It's rumored now that the Browns are shopping the 8 pick to move back to the teens. Trade down to 15 and get a few picks from the Titans next!

Just going to say it would be ironic if the dumb ass Dolphins trade back into the pick they originally had so they could try to land Zeke or Myles.

So fantasy gold and reality garbage?

:shrug: Maybe?

But don't sleep on the Jags. If only h8tank were around to see this team possibly taking a little bit of a leap. Their D is going to be much, much better with a healthy Fowler, Malik Jackson, maybe Myles Jack?

The Allens on offense, throw in some Julius Thomas.... Ivory, Yeldon and Robinson in the backfield?

I dunno man, I'm kind of a buyer on the Jags over the next 1-3 years.

The Bortles comp was more based on size/agility numbers. Now I'm hearing (albeit from a draft scout who wished to go nameless according to the report) that there are some Cam Newton similarities. That's a bit of a stretch but who knows.

The Bortles comp was more based on size/agility numbers. Now I'm hearing (albeit from a draft scout who wished to go nameless according to the report) that there are some Cam Newton similarities. That's a bit of a stretch but who knows.

I have trouble believing the Cam Newton comparison. A Blake Bortles/Dante Culpepper/Vince Young comparison I could believe. And Bortles is surprising nimble for a big 6'5" white dude.