[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Norman, FA

Shorttynaz

Was probably a bit premature and counting a future salary year guarantee in the total ($13.5M salary in 2018 guaranteed March that year).

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/josh-norman/

Showing about 35 million guaranteed, still a ton of money.

So hows does this affect OBJ and Julio Jones' values? :thinking: Norman will be playing against OBJ twice now! And Jones won't even have to face Norman. It's not like Jones struggled, but Norman definitely got into OBJ's head. Either way, Jones is definitely ahead of OBJ now.

Don't think it effects OBJ's value you much. Certainly not as much as it effects someone like Dez because Norman will not go into the slot and OBJ has no problem doing so. I do think I'd still take Julio over OBJ, but that is a separate argument without much to do with Josh. Just curious if any Redskins fans(or anyone who knows) could tell me what kind of defense the Redskins corners usually play? More Man or Zone?
  • Like 1

Don't think it effects OBJ's value you much. Certainly not as much as it effects someone like Dez because Norman will not go into the slot and OBJ has no problem doing so. I do think I'd still take Julio over OBJ, but that is a separate argument without much to do with Josh. Just curious if any Redskins fans(or anyone who knows) could tell me what kind of defense the Redskins corners usually play? More Man or Zone?

They play quite a bit of cover 3 afaik, so I think he's a pretty good fit there.

Great points.

Let's see how he does on a defense that allowed the 5th most yds in the league last yr

But isn't this the EXACT reason they would sign someone like Norman??? :shrug:

I certainly could be wrong here, but with a healthy Galette & Kerrigan to rush the edges, plus upgrades in the secondary, you "should" see a much improved defense...just sayin'...

In Scot we trust! (NOT to be mistaken for ITWT!)

Edited by the outlaw

Interesting "behind the scenes" article from The Post on the events that led to the 'Skins acquiring JN...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/sports/redskins/how-one-of-the-nfls-best-cornerbacks-suddenly-ended-up-with-the-redskins/2016/04/24/03f1aa62-0a57-11e6-bfa1-4efa856caf2a_story.html

Don't think it will, but most certainly hope this doesn't turn into another "Haynesworth!" LOL

• Like 1